F-Pace SVR coming soon?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
guyevo

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by guyevo » Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 am

Rusk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:29 am
Well I've done it! SVR ordered and apparently one of only two build slots left locally. Now starts the painful 3 month wait!
Nice 👍 I ordered on 2nd May and was given an approximate date of 6th September. I had an update yesterday to say the expected delivery date to the dealer is now 2nd August. The wait is even more painful now the sun is out!

Guy
Ultra Blue SVR - Ordered 2/5/19 😍

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Tue May 14, 2019 11:52 am

Personally, if I was buying one, I would have tried to be patient and waited till next year. If you look at current copmpetitors who've been out a year or so (eg GLC AMG 63s) you can get more than 15% off list price. I expect the same to be the case on the SVR from 2020 onwards.
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Tue May 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Nice. I've been told late Aug but most likely September and that was last week. Hopefully it will be sooner!

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Tue May 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:52 am
Personally, if I was buying one, I would have tried to be patient and waited till next year. If you look at current copmpetitors who've been out a year or so (eg GLC AMG 63s) you can get more than 15% off list price. I expect the same to be the case on the SVR from 2020 onwards.
Problem is there are endless reasons to wait. The facelift is due early next year I believe for the normal F-Pace (doesn't mean the SVR will get it that soon) so I was tempted to wait. Like you said, the price will be better in a years time with all the initial rush out the way. Maybe the Velar SVR will appear by then and be a better option. Maybe there will be a better selection of colours in a year.

At the end of the day I was in a position where my current F-Pace was new enough to have not dropped too much value and I happened to have the cash to cover a nice deposit so went for it. This type of car is never the sensible choice anyway so why be sensible when buying one :lol:

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Nice 👍 I ordered on 2nd May and was given an approximate date of 6th September. I had an update yesterday to say the expected delivery date to the dealer is now 2nd August. The wait is even more painful now the sun is out!

Guy

The only thing I would say is that if it isn't due for delivery to the dealer until 2nd August, and you'll have at least another week to wait for them to PDI it, I would wait to get it from the dealer on 1st September and get the 69 registration on it. May not mean a lot now, but when it comes to re-sale it can mean a few hundred quid more for maybe a 3 week wait.

Just saying......
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

guyevo

Post by guyevo » Tue May 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi JOCK55, mine is on lease so makes no difference to me. Also holding on to my current car will cost more and I'll have to service and MOT it. Turning up early means I can take it to France and have some fun, ultimately what this car was made for 😁

Guy
Ultra Blue SVR - Ordered 2/5/19 😍

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 pm

It's a hard one.....

Wait until update next year, but risk missing out on 5.0L s/c V8 in lieu of a possible V8 turbo replacement?

I'm going to wait a bit, but will crack by September if no information is forthcoming.

The day is coming when these behemoths will be banned.... Get them while they're hot.... Not really convinced that they will come down in price rather than go up in n next 12 months either....

davidmt

Post by davidmt » Thu May 16, 2019 8:33 am

Mine is being built next month and will be delivered either later in June or early July.

Photos will obviously be uploaded!

However as noted above you can always create some reason or excuse to wait but if you don't need to then why would you. Life is too short!

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Thu May 16, 2019 9:05 am

Couldn’t agree more. I had a deposit down for 8 months when I finally got mine. I could have postponed in hope that the 2020 model had the dual screen climate - which it doesn’t. I could have waited for Eiger Grey instead of a Corris Grey. Could have waited another 12 months and ‘maybe’ got a facelift model. Could have waited another while in a hope for a discount.

In all honesty, I wanted the car 10 months ago - not in another year! I can always buy another when the facelift comes out - but maybe there will be something better by then?!

If I thought like this, I’d never buy a new phone / computer / golf clubs etc... as there is always a better one round the corner.
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

davidmt

Post by davidmt » Thu May 16, 2019 9:54 am

Also good to see some more reviews coming online that show the true performance of the SVR.

"0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds

¼ mile: 12.0 seconds at 116.5 mph

The folks at Land Rover‘s Special Vehicle Operations estimated this SUV to hit 60 mph in 4.1 seconds, but we actually clocked it at 3.7. Its 5.0-liter supercharged V-8 engine delivers 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque. Subtle indications of its go-fast capabilities include its quad tailpipes, large air intakes, and vents in the hood and front fenders."

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”