F-Pace SVR coming soon?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
guyevo

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by guyevo » Wed May 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Rusk wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:55 pm
I'm getting ready to place an SVR order but it seems my deal won't shift on list price. I've also carwow'd it and the couple of offers I've had back are also at list price. Have any of you managed to get any discount?

I know it is a new car and one that seems to be very popular so it may be the deals feel they don't need to offer discounts at this stage.
I also couldn't get any discounts on the SVR so went with a maintained lease with Jaguar Contract Hire. For me this worked out the cheapest and the lease can be modified (within reason.) I'm paying about £33k over three years plus an extra £51/ month for maintenance.

Guy
Ultra Blue SVR - Ordered 2/5/19 😍

davidmt

Post by davidmt » Wed May 08, 2019 1:30 pm

If only paying £33k which is less that £1k/month then you must also be putting a pretty decent deposit down - around £10k on a base model unless I am missing something or you have negoatiated a stunning deal.

guyevo

Post by guyevo » Wed May 08, 2019 2:57 pm

I've attached the deal on the base model, I've added options to mine which has pushed the price up so it's over 33k now and the initial rental is higher. List price on car is now £81k, I'm paying £870/ month with £8300 initial rental.

On PCP they wanted £8100 deposit, then over £1146/ month. Yes, there may be some deposit back in that but the lease deal worked out better for my circumstances at the moment.

Guy

Edit: forgot to say that this is a personal lease so VAT is already on those prices!

Screenshot_20190428-230330_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by guyevo on Wed May 08, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm

KHatman wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:11 pm
Cars2buy are currently showing a deal with a 6% discount which would give you £4467 off current base price.
Tried all inc Cars2 (which takes you to buyacar offering 6% off but no deals available) and as you would expect, there is no discount available off this new, desirable model....

I would say that over the next 12 months, the only way to get one below RRP will be to buy used.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:34 pm

So. Had extended test today and included some pretty poor lanes and can report that the ride is firm, but more refined than my s/c 3.0S. Seats are 'thinner' but seem to fit me better and were very comfortable.

If you've only driven the diesel versions then you would be amazed at just how refined it is when you are in normal mode and not pushing it. Without the exhaust on 'loud' it's not intrusive, with a gentle bark every now and then to remind you what's below your right foot. Turn up the volume and/or put it in dynamic and a glorious cacophony of sound can be created...

Slightly disappointed that there is still a lag between putting your foot down. It's slight, and less obvious in dynamic, but something my similar engined XKR doesn't have.

My reservations about the Ultra Blue have been quashed.... A dull, wet morning but there was a glorious, uplifting, blue lustre emanating from the bonnet in front. Also the smooth, shiny grey bits were also no as annoying as I thought they would be. Has a nice subtle, menacing image - if that's possible.

Definitely one of the most perfect SUV's I have either driven or been in....

All in all, a F Pace SVR will be coming soon to my driveway....

DangerMouseUK

Post by DangerMouseUK » Wed May 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Guys I'd be aiming for more than 6% off if you can and ignore any dealer that gives you a hard sell about not being able to discount at all, just go elsewhere.

I'd wait a couple of months or so and you'll get it into double digits discount wise.

SVRunner

Post by SVRunner » Wed May 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Might be different for Jaguar but with the original RRSport discounts weren’t possible until 12-18 months after the first deliveries. I sold my Sport SVR (which I bought at list) for a £2k profit after 6 months and 8000 miles.
I’m not saying we’re in the same market as 2015 but if I was a betting man, I’d say there’s a fair wait until supply keeps up with demand. There is already one main Jag dealer with an SVR (I assume a cancelled order) on Autotrader for over £90k!

DAL

Post by DAL » Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 am

I was informed 6 months wait list by the local dealer yesterday as had a chat re chopping in my S/C which I collected from the dealer 3 years ago today :D
Born 29th Apr 2016: FPACE S 3L Super Charged, Glacier White, Black Pack, 22" wheels, ASR, Pan roof, Priv Glass, LED's, Prac pack, InTouch C-Pro, Mood Lights, 14 Way sports seats + mem pack, red/black leather, Heated S Steering wheel, HUD

guyevo

Post by guyevo » Thu May 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi Corriescar66, good to hear the test drive went well! I really need to find a demonstrator, I've only driven the S/C V6.

Guy

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Tue May 14, 2019 9:29 am

Well I've done it! SVR ordered and apparently one of only two build slots left locally. Now starts the painful 3 month wait!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”