F-Pace SVR coming soon?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Mbadger77

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by Mbadger77 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 am
Steve - I hear you. I bought an M4 in 2014 when they were launched, and it did sound like a turbo diesel on start-up. However, apparently this has improved through the competition package, then the CS, and with this being a new engine, hopefully further progress. That said, I agree, it cannot sound as good as a supercharged V8!!
Forget the sound has anyone driven one ?
I had an X5 V8 not that long ago for a couple of weeks. The V8 was gutsy and moved once it got going but an awful car to drive.
Corners I feared, it was comfortable but wafty and barge boat like.
Would never buy one based on that experience. Horrible car
Maybe the new X3 is better and more focussed.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:53 am

Agreed - I've never fancied an X5. I have driven the M5 with that engine though, and it's astonishingly good!
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Just had an update from my dealer - my SVR has been delayed again (yawn).
First it was end of March, then mid April, now early May.
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Jagseven wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:35 pm
I feel for you, that’s not good news.

Over two years since I started this thread and the car is yet to be made available.

Pretty poor show by Jaguar I reckon.
Polaris white 3.0D S, 22 Helix wheels, full pano roof, deplorable side-steps, privacy glass, carbon fibre bits, splash guards and a few other toys - GONE

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Jagseven wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:35 pm
Mine started production last Friday, and is due in a couple of weeks. I was supposed to be at the factory yesterday on a VIP tour and able to see my car being built - but the dates coincided with my holiday.
I spoke to them on Tuesday, and it was still on schedule.
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:50 am

Looking forward to seeing some actual cars - only upside from the delay is it gives me a chance to change the spec if I see something I prefer
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:12 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:40 pm
Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 am
Steve - I hear you. I bought an M4 in 2014 when they were launched, and it did sound like a turbo diesel on start-up. However, apparently this has improved through the competition package, then the CS, and with this being a new engine, hopefully further progress. That said, I agree, it cannot sound as good as a supercharged V8!!
Forget the sound has anyone driven one ?
I had an X5 V8 not that long ago for a couple of weeks. The V8 was gutsy and moved once it got going but an awful car to drive.
Corners I feared, it was comfortable but wafty and barge boat like.
Would never buy one based on that experience. Horrible car
Maybe the new X3 is better and more focussed.
Not driven one myself but how many 4x4s drive really well compared to the 'car' equivalents? Lots of weight and high stance tend to take their toll and the engineers can only do so much to compensate for the laws of physics.

On another note I'm getting excited now as I pick up my own V8 (biturbo) next Friday. Sales bloke at the dealership sent me a video of him doing a walk around of the car (before PDI and valeting and with quite a bit of the protective covers on) and it still looked rather tasty 8-) . Roll on next week...it'll have to be a Jag next time, hopefully they'll still be doing V8's then.
SVR took too long so it's a C63s AMG Estate for me. F-Pace next time...?

dpb1207

Post by dpb1207 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:00 pm

Had the call from my dealer over the weekend - my build slot has gone back again, now its 17/05 with 'At dealer' now forecast as 07/06 and 'Retailed' as 12/06. I placed my deposit early September and initially expected collection around Christmas. That went back to 'end Feb' then 'early April' and now June.

Very disappointing - but I took myself to Porsche / Range Rover / Mercedes over the weekend and having done the sanity check on myself, am going to stick with the F-Pace, its still the best mix of size / value / oomph (& hopefully noise) for me - even though the gestation period is excessive.... Lets hope they are perfecting it and it will come with working ICTP version 9!!
First Edition - Taken home 22/10/16 traded in 01/06/19
SVR in Ultra Blue on 22's collected 01/06/19.

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:16 pm

Thanks for the update dpb. Truly shocking in this day and age for a major car manufacturer to launch in March 2018, and not start building till May 2019!! Could you imagine one of their German competitors doing that?
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:57 pm

I’m slightly concerned as well as bemused at what is going on.
I expressed an interest in this car with my retailer back in March, and put my deposit down in August. My order was ‘officially’ placed on 21st December when the order books opened.

A week later, I was given a build date of 3rd April.
I did a lot of complaining to HQ, and was then advised that my build date had moved, and was now the 8th March.

I’ve been in constant contact with HQ since the end of November, and have been getting a regular update from them twice a week.
I was offered a tour of SVO as a goodwill gesture, and was then advised that SVO was under refurb and wouldn’t be doing any tours at this time.
I was offered a VIP factory tour instead.

I live in North East Scotland, so it’s a long way for a tour. I asked if it was possible to see my own car being built as part of the tour.
I was told this isn’t a normal procedure, but they’d she what they could do. Expecting this to potentially be mid-March, I booked a snowboarding holiday for mid Feb.

I received various calls and emails asking I could confirm my availability for a VIP factory tour to see my own car getting built - on the 19/20/21 Feb.
I advised I was in Canada at the time, and queried my current build date. 15th Feb was the latest.

I checked with the retailer last week, and my car is on schedule, and they estimate a start / mid March handover.
I have sent them a message this morning asking for an update.
I’m started to get quite excited about the possibility of having my car in the next few weeks... so I hope it hasn’t been delayed. My retailer seems to think mine will appear before their demonstrator.
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”