F-Pace SVR coming soon?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
p3eps

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by p3eps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:10 pm

It’s unreal! Surely someone can make a decision and stick with it.
I get that they want an “exclusive SVR” colour... so why not pick that months ago and have it on the configurator?
Part of me would rather have Eiger Grey than my confirmed Corris Grey, as I like the slightly lighter shade. My current SQ5 is a really dark grey, so I’d quite like something a bit lighter to differentiate. I’m not fussed either way though... but everything seems to suggest that Corris will become Eiger before any are built.

Another example of what a shambles this release has been.
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

SVRunner

Post by SVRunner » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:48 pm

I keep abreast of most JLR launches, and have bought a few of the first models off the production line since 2013, but it is staggering how this one will have taken almost a year from the first reveal to customer deliveries - and there still seems to be some tweaking over launch colours still!
It’ll be Sod’s law that I’ll end up with a Corris car weeks before they start rolling out an exclusive SVR grey which I would have preferred! Certainly not going to delay my order any further though as can’t wait to get behind the wheel!

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 pm

p3eps wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:10 pm
It’s unreal! Surely someone can make a decision and stick with it.
I get that they want an “exclusive SVR” colour... so why not pick that months ago and have it on the configurator?
Part of me would rather have Eiger Grey than my confirmed Corris Grey, as I like the slightly lighter shade. My current SQ5 is a really dark grey, so I’d quite like something a bit lighter to differentiate. I’m not fussed either way though... but everything seems to suggest that Corris will become Eiger before any are built.

Another example of what a shambles this release has been.
This is why I have a Merc on order. Having read this, I feel that my decision has been vindicated.
SVR took too long so it's a C63s AMG Estate for me. F-Pace next time...?

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 am

Steve C - quick question (bit off-topic, sorry): Why the C class estate and not the GLC if it was in preference to an F-Pace?
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 am
Steve C - quick question (bit off-topic, sorry): Why the C class estate and not the GLC if it was in preference to an F-Pace?
Good point Matteus.

It was partly down to a change in situation which came at the same time as me getting fed up with waiting for the SVR - my OH decided she wanted to hang onto the family car for a while longer, meaning we no longer needed an F-Pace type car. So given the 250kg weight advantage and lower centre of gravity compared to the GLC, the Estate was a good choice :) I needed some practicality otherwise it would have been the coupe, but life's full of compromises...
SVR took too long so it's a C63s AMG Estate for me. F-Pace next time...?

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 pm

Today I spoke with Jaguar HQ again.
They advised that if I have a confirmed order for Corris Grey, then I would be getting a Corris Grey car.
The substitute will be Eiger Grey, but there is currently no specified date when that will change.

I was told to expect a Corris Grey car in April!

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 am

I have been given a build date of 1 March for pick up on 27 March - last date for spec changes is 30 Jan so Need to finalise colour before then. Black, grey or silver - I keep changing my mind!
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:20 pm

Jagseven wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 am
I have been given a build date of 1 March for pick up on 27 March - last date for spec changes is 30 Jan so Need to finalise colour before then. Black, grey or silver - I keep changing my mind!
Hopefully it will come before JLR have sacked so many people, that there's an insufficient number left to build it ..... :mrgreen:
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

SVRunner

Post by SVRunner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:09 am

Not sure if many are aware but I've added the "Smartphone Pack" to my SVR order. It's not on the configurator as has only just been launched but essentially gives you Apple Car Play via iPhones and the equivalent for Android. It's a £200 option but for me, is worth it (having had InControl Apps on previous JLR cars I've found it useless).

Annoyingly still you have to have your phone plugged in for it to work but it makes the infotainment system so much more familiar (Apple maps, Apple Music can use Siri for SMS etc on the go.

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 pm

SVRunner wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:09 am
Not sure if many are aware but I've added the "Smartphone Pack" to my SVR order. It's not on the configurator as has only just been launched but essentially gives you Apple Car Play via iPhones and the equivalent for Android. It's a £200 option but for me, is worth it (having had InControl Apps on previous JLR cars I've found it useless).
I thought that Apple Car Play (and Android version) came as standard with the latest software?

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”