F-Pace SVR coming soon?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Jagseven

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by Jagseven » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Yes - dealer said it was likely but not certain and it might impact on delivery times. It was not yet confirmed by Jaguar. It might be that the first few cars will be in Corris Grey....but nobody seems to know yet.

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Dealer also said deliver estimate is early April - he suggested I would probably get my car before they get their demo. They are very keen to get a car themselves because the one person at the dealer who had actually driven a car said it was fantastic - “a real weapon of car”

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:27 am

SVRunner wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 pm
Here’s the black prototype I saw in the wild yesterday... if I can get it to upload!

Personally I think the black hides all the extra scoops/vents and makes it a bit too subtle that’s it’s the SVR.
So they have one out driving on the road, but they haven't given it to the mags to test yet. Bit odd?
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

SVRunner

Post by SVRunner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 am

There were two in convoy, one silver the other black. They did have "Prototype" on the front and rear though.

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:40 am

I assume they wouldn’t want to give a Prototype to a magazine for reviewing. Hopefully they give the magazines a retail model to test soon, as I’m itching to see a review!!

dpb1207

Post by dpb1207 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:32 pm

So how many have actually placed their order and what spec....?
Im in - deposit went in early September and order finally confirmed last week. Dealer (Guy Salmon Maidstone) believes delivery will be early March and they think their demo car will arrive first (contrary to some other comments here).

My Spec:
Ultra Blue - Its a stand out car so I thought I'd embrace that!
22" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5081' with Diamond Turned finish
Sliding Panoramic Roof
Privacy glass
Ebony interior
Surround Sound
Head-Up Display Pack
Drive Pack
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Heated R-Sport Branded Multi-Function Steering Wheel
Reduced Spare Wheel
Loadspace storage rails
Rear seat remote release levers
Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR)
360 Camera
Illuminated metal loadspace scuff plate
Illuminated metal tread plates with Jaguar script
Activity Key
Luggage Compartment Side Net
5 year service plan
First Edition - Taken home 22/10/16

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:35 pm

The car comes with an SVR heated steering wheel. Not sure why you’d want to swap it for an R one at an extra cost?

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 am

My Spec:

Indus Silver - (originally said Corris and might change to new grey if it is launched very soon, but the launch cars do look good in silver)
22" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5081' with Diamond Turned finish
Fixed Panoramic Roof
Ebony interior
Surround Sound
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Reduced Spare Wheel
Loadspace storage rails
Rear seat remote release levers
Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR)
360 Camera

The family do not want privacy glass as "it's like being forced to wear sunglasses all the time"...I would probably spec this but it can be done aftermarket if required. I still have a 2-3 more weeks to change my mind but I think that's it.

RBMH104

Post by RBMH104 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Spoke to my dealer last friday about the confusion of the colours, only JLR marketing can make into a laurel and Hardy movie based on the current marketing of the SVR to potential owners. First he said that I could now have Corris Grey, then sent me video of a F Pace in carpathian grey which would be available on the SVR and very nice it looked as well, so told him I would have it in that colour instead of the black as originally ordered back in May 18.
Popped in yesterday to confirm all done and no change to delivery date 05/04/19, he said oops, carpathian grey is not available now on the SVR, but corris grey can still be ordered on the Vista system, but this will definitely change to Eiger Grey when confirmed by SVO HQ sometime in the next few weeks, you cannot make it up how bad the whole SVR situation has got.

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:12 pm

All very confusing/frustrating - don’t like the sound of “in the next few weeks”...
I like the look of Eiger grey - somewhere between Corris Grey and silver and a colour I might well choose.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”