All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Steve C

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by Steve C » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm

p3eps wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:27 pm
Steve C wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:24 pm
There were rumours that the premium palette as available on the F-Type might be available on the F-Pace at some point, but they are only rumours. May be worth asking Jag if you can throw some money at them for a special edition - it's possible, as I recall seeing a pic of Jag management F-Pace in a very nice burnt orange colour.
The current brochure says the custom pallete will be available with 15000 colours: https://www.jaguar.com/Images/Jaguar-F- ... 590847.pdf
It also says one of the 7 standard colours will be Corris Grey though!!
Good spot - although it's not an option on the configurator for some reason.
No F-Pace yet. Looking...

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 pm

I also noticed the 5 year service plan has been removed from the configurator

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:52 pm

Steve C wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:12 pm
Smitten wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:19 pm
Tracker

Not sure I would bother with a tracker. The first thing the criminals do is steal the car, park it and wait to see who shows-up. Or they stick it in a steel shipping container and hey presto....no signal. I would get yourself a Faraday pouch for keys as they clearly work and aim at preventing theft/relay theft to start with.
Smitten, I agree that a Faraday pouch is a very good and very cheap security option. I use a couple for one of my current cars which is keyless - £10 for 2 from Halfords.

However not having a good tracker on a car that valuable is a risk. In fact a lot of insurance companies will insist on it for cars over a certain value (e.g direct line make it mandatory for anything over £75k). Also good trackers have other features such as driver recognition that prevent the car from starting even if they nick the keys, plus the ability to cut the ignition remotely. And can track them overseas in some cases. Recovery rates for cars fitted with trackers are good - around 90%, with 80% recovered within 24 hours.

I should have said he needs a tracker rather than maybe the Jag option.
Didn't know recovery rates were that good as clearly all high value cars are targets. Surprised the insurance industry doesn't make them mandatory for all cars.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:56 pm

Smitten wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:52 pm
Steve C wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:12 pm
Smitten wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:19 pm
Tracker

Not sure I would bother with a tracker. The first thing the criminals do is steal the car, park it and wait to see who shows-up. Or they stick it in a steel shipping container and hey presto....no signal. I would get yourself a Faraday pouch for keys as they clearly work and aim at preventing theft/relay theft to start with.
Smitten, I agree that a Faraday pouch is a very good and very cheap security option. I use a couple for one of my current cars which is keyless - £10 for 2 from Halfords.

However not having a good tracker on a car that valuable is a risk. In fact a lot of insurance companies will insist on it for cars over a certain value (e.g direct line make it mandatory for anything over £75k). Also good trackers have other features such as driver recognition that prevent the car from starting even if they nick the keys, plus the ability to cut the ignition remotely. And can track them overseas in some cases. Recovery rates for cars fitted with trackers are good - around 90%, with 80% recovered within 24 hours.

I should have said he needs a tracker rather than maybe the Jag option.
Didn't know recovery rates were that good as clearly all high value cars are targets. Surprised the insurance industry doesn't make them mandatory for all cars.
It cost - they're a few hundred quid to fit and then there's an annual monitoring fee. Definitely get one, preferably a cat 5 which is the highest level of commercially available trackers.
No F-Pace yet. Looking...

SVRunner

Post by SVRunner » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:50 pm

The InControl Secure is only Cat 6 though (which is counter-intuitively less secure than Cat 5).

I had the same argument with my insurance on my RRSport SVR but essentially the JLR tracker isn’t as good as aftermarket versions. Some insurers actually wouldn’t insure if it wasn’t a Cat 5 tracker so those with the InSecure (!) system had to retro-fit something else!

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:30 am

Got an email from my retailer yesterday... I now have a confirmed order in Corris Grey.
They still think this will change, but at least I now have an order in the system!

FP-SVR

Post by FP-SVR » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:30 pm

p3eps wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:18 pm
Spoke with the dealer again today. They still can’t put in a Corris Grey order - it’s just not available!

They have received a sample of Eiger Grey and Portofino Blue... so wonder if the replacement for Corris will be Eiger on the SVR.
I notice it is a selectable colour on the F-Type SVR... but “coming March 2019”.
P3eps, if you don't mind can I know which dealer you spoke to? I would be keen on the Portofino Blue but my dealer has no clue if it is available for the F Pace SVR from March onwards? On the configurator it is showing under F Type R as being available from March 19 onwards only. Thanks.
On Order...... F Pace SVR in Santorini black. Options: 22" 5 split spoke gloss black alloy wheels - style 5081, Privacy glass
Interior: Lozenge quilted leather - Ebony/Pimento duotone

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:53 pm

I have ordered an SVR today in Corris Grey with possible change to the new grey depending what Jaguar come back with...

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:55 pm

FP-SVR wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:30 pm
P3eps, if you don't mind can I know which dealer you spoke to? I would be keen on the Portofino Blue but my dealer has no clue if it is available for the F Pace SVR from March onwards? On the configurator it is showing under F Type R as being available from March 19 onwards only. Thanks.
They only told me they had received samples of both... no mention of them being for the F-Pace. I assume they’re both for the F-Type, as they appear on its configurator.
My dealer wondered if the Eiger Grey was as a result of Corris Grey not being available on the F-Pace.

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:58 pm

Jagseven wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:53 pm
I have ordered an SVR today in Corris Grey with possible change to the new grey depending what Jaguar come back with...
Did your dealer actually mention that there was potentially a change to Corris Grey?
I’m still confused how mine told me they couldn’t place my Corris Grey order on the 20th December, yet they sent me a confirmed build screenshot yesterday that was placed on the 21st and confirmed on the 29th!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”