F-Pace SVR coming soon?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Steve C

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by Steve C » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Jagseven wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:33 pm
Hi all - I'm new to this forum - about to place an SVR order and curious to know what spec, colours people are going for.
I am tempted by black but I understand the trim parts (valance, grill surround etc) are grey so wonder how this will look...I wish I could see some cars in the metal but this does not seem to be possible!
Also interested in the Corris grey but looks like this might not be possible?
Main options I will go for are fixed pano roof, 22" wheels, upgraded hifi and 360 degree cameras (to help protect those wheels!)
Jagseven,

Have a look at some of the youtube footage from the launch last year. I think the car also looks very good in sliver (which also matched pretty well with the grey exterior trim parts) - have a look on the Jag configurator.

All those options are decent, although I wouldn't go for the upgraded hi-fi unless you're a bit of an audio buff. My other suggestions are:
- Interior trim colour can make a big difference to the look and feel. Very much personal and also partly dependent on the exterior colour as some combos go better than others.
- Tracker
- Adaptive surface response
- Head up display
- Configurable ambient interior lighting
No F-Pace yet. Looking...

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:19 pm

ADSR

Hitting a patch of standing water over the brow of a hill at over 200kph on the autobahn I would say ADSR is worth every penny of the small price to option. Car made a momentary skip/wobble and then regained composure. Really instilled confidence.

Configurable ambient lights

I have the configurable lighting which is great! Only irritation is the lighting colour of the instrument console to the centre is fixed pale blue and does not change with the rest of the lighting. Might be worth asking about this as it may have changed but suspect not. Again small price for nice evening ambience. BTW you still get yellowy white in the boot, wheel wells, glove compartment...

Tracker

Not sure I would bother with a tracker. The first thing the criminals do is steal the car, park it and wait to see who shows-up. Or they stick it in a steel shipping container and hey presto....no signal. I would get yourself a Faraday pouch for keys as they clearly work and aim at preventing theft/relay theft to start with.

Head-up display

Search on here for head up display - not sure there have been many fans and at 145mph on the autobahn last week it wasn't really necessary as I knew it was quite fast :-)

Personally I would go a premium colour if deciding again although I do really like the silver apart from that delighted with my spec
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:23 pm

And agree with SteveC the 350w Meridian sound system is excellent and best sound system I have had in a car. Maybe surround sound is OTT
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

SVRunner

Post by SVRunner » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Here’s the black prototype I saw in the wild yesterday... if I can get it to upload!

Personally I think the black hides all the extra scoops/vents and makes it a bit too subtle that’s it’s the SVR.

0A2D24E9-D367-40AD-94A0-81F930C24F32.jpeg

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks for the comments and the photo - agree silver looks good but rest of family not keen. Only premium colour option on SVR is ultra blue and not keen on a flashy colour. I like the stealthy look and the photo so might stick with black.
I thought adaptive surface response was only useful for off road if so I need to read more about this.
I have the meridian surround system in my current car (XFR) so assumed I would miss this if I give it up but maybe not...

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Another question - anyone else gone from XF to F-pace? I have really enjoyed the XFR so I’m sightless concerned it will feel too SUV-like but love the look of the F-pace plus a bigger boot is much needed!

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Smitten wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:19 pm
Tracker

Not sure I would bother with a tracker. The first thing the criminals do is steal the car, park it and wait to see who shows-up. Or they stick it in a steel shipping container and hey presto....no signal. I would get yourself a Faraday pouch for keys as they clearly work and aim at preventing theft/relay theft to start with.
Smitten, I agree that a Faraday pouch is a very good and very cheap security option. I use a couple for one of my current cars which is keyless - £10 for 2 from Halfords.

However not having a good tracker on a car that valuable is a risk. In fact a lot of insurance companies will insist on it for cars over a certain value (e.g direct line make it mandatory for anything over £75k). Also good trackers have other features such as driver recognition that prevent the car from starting even if they nick the keys, plus the ability to cut the ignition remotely. And can track them overseas in some cases. Recovery rates for cars fitted with trackers are good - around 90%, with 80% recovered within 24 hours.

I should have said he needs a tracker rather than maybe the Jag option.

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 pm

The new Eiger Grey will be an SVR exclusive colour, and quite discreet at the same time.

I’m going with...
Eiger Grey (or whatever mid grey colour they finally decide!)
Black 22” wheels
Panoramic sliding roof
Tinted windows
Red / black interior
Carbon trim
Surround Sound
Park Pack
HUD Pack
Electronic Tow Bar (for my bike rack)
Reduced Spare Wheel
Configurable ambient lighting
Load space rails
Remote seat release levers
ADSR
360 Camera
CD/DVD player
5 year service plan (although vanished from configurator now?)

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:24 pm

Jagseven wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:03 pm
Thanks for the comments and the photo - agree silver looks good but rest of family not keen. Only premium colour option on SVR is ultra blue and not keen on a flashy colour. I like the stealthy look and the photo so might stick with black.
I thought adaptive surface response was only useful for off road if so I need to read more about this.
I have the meridian surround system in my current car (XFR) so assumed I would miss this if I give it up but maybe not...
There were rumours that the premium palette as available on the F-Type might be available on the F-Pace at some point, but they are only rumours. May be worth asking Jag if you can throw some money at them for a special edition - it's possible, as I recall seeing a pic of Jag management F-Pace in a very nice burnt orange colour.

As for ADSR, its only £160 and is claimed to deal with a variety of tricky surfaces, not just off-road:
http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/documen ... c/G2247868
So for me that's a no-brainer.

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Steve C wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:24 pm
There were rumours that the premium palette as available on the F-Type might be available on the F-Pace at some point, but they are only rumours. May be worth asking Jag if you can throw some money at them for a special edition - it's possible, as I recall seeing a pic of Jag management F-Pace in a very nice burnt orange colour.
The current brochure says the custom pallete will be available with 15000 colours: https://www.jaguar.com/Images/Jaguar-F- ... 590847.pdf
It also says one of the 7 standard colours will be Corris Grey though!!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”