F-Pace SVR coming soon?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
bucklandswifty

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by bucklandswifty » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:41 pm

p3eps wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 pm
The dealer probably knows less than you do to be fair! Hopefully they’ll be able to actually put an order into their system in the next couple of weeks... and then it’s just a matter of time.
For the last couple of months my dealer has promised I’d get the car this year. Now they’re starting to realise that there is NO WAY it’ll be here until at LEAST February.

I really want to see the press getting one, and see what sort of picture the reviews paint.
Just spoke to SVO Coventry help desk, a very nice lady tells me the hold up on taking orders for the F Pace SVO is down to tyre testing\supply issues. No specifics but promised they really are going to manufacture it! She suggested retailers may be able to put orders through some time in January, again, nothing specific. When asked about the woeful paint finish options, she was genuinely surprised that the "Premium Pallet" option is not on the "Build your car" tool on their website. I cannot see it, could be mistaken though. Should be interesting as I put my order in way back in August to see if they honour the price quoted!

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm

It's coming...

Second quarter of 2019, delay due to emissions and getting it in-line with the rest of the range. It will most probably be less power than originally advertised, but tweaked to improved acceleration and power transference. Apparently it will also be a bit quieter than originally expected.

From a good source, again not the guy down the pub.
Polaris white 3.0D S, 22 Helix wheels, full pano roof, deplorable side-steps, privacy glass, carbon fibre bits, splash guards and a few other toys

bucklandswifty

Post by bucklandswifty » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am

Tim W wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm
It's coming...

Second quarter of 2019, delay due to emissions and getting it in-line with the rest of the range. It will most probably be less power than originally advertised, but tweaked to improved acceleration and power transference. Apparently it will also be a bit quieter than originally expected.

From a good source, again not the guy down the pub.
As the Range Rover has had the SVO version for quite some time I wonder how they manage the emissions, same engine.....

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm

buckland makes a good point - will they be changing all v8 S/C engines used in SVR models I wonder?
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:24 pm

bucklandswifty wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am
As the Range Rover has had the SVO version for quite some time I wonder how they manage the emissions, same engine.....
Emissions and power can be reduced through some simple tuning and reprogramming the ECU. It can also be altered through the exhaust system, which could also lower the noise.

From what I understand this is to be done across the board with the Jaguar range, so it would seem likely the Range Rover models will probably follow suit.
Polaris white 3.0D S, 22 Helix wheels, full pano roof, deplorable side-steps, privacy glass, carbon fibre bits, splash guards and a few other toys

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:54 pm

More power :D
Less noise :(
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:54 pm
I’m sure aftermarket reprogramming will be available quite quickly.

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:09 pm

I’ve been on the phone to HQ 3 times in the last week - and I’ve been promised my order will actually be placed by the end of this week (10th Dec).

Will see how that works out based on the above comments!

bucklandswifty

Post by bucklandswifty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:56 am

Tim W wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:56 pm
Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:54 pm
I’m sure aftermarket reprogramming will be available quite quickly.
If it were a simple matter of remapping I am sure that would not be a cause to hold up production. If I were a betting type I imagine they are struggling to achieve the required emissions without turning the vehicle into a snail, a very hungry snail at that. As the whole point, in my case, was the performance and "sound" of the SVO if it is to be strangled I could spend my £90k better elsewhere. Such a difficult decision, maybe just hang on to the 3 litre petrol for the time being.

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 am

bucklandswifty wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:56 am
If it were a simple matter of remapping I am sure that would not be a cause to hold up production. If I were a betting type I imagine they are struggling to achieve the required emissions without turning the vehicle into a snail, a very hungry snail at that. As the whole point, in my case, was the performance and "sound" of the SVO if it is to be strangled I could spend my £90k better elsewhere. Such a difficult decision, maybe just hang on to the 3 litre petrol for the time being.
Without knowing the intricacies of what Jaguar has to achieve, remapping and whatever else is needed is most likely not that simple, as you say trying to make it work without losing too much performance is a pretty long and sometimes costly process.

From a personal point of view, my interest in this car has now waned. :roll:

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”