F-Pace SVR coming soon?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Matteus F-Pace

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:42 am

Milesg wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:16 pm
Saw one at local dealer yesterday. Air vents on bonnet look a bit bland and cheap. No writing on them. Plain plastic. Automatic gear changer different too.
Were they actually using it as a demonstrator? Seems odd that there has been a workable car in the country for 2 weeks now, yet no magazine has been able to test it yet.
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:45 am

Very odd! I wish they’d hurry up and give some cars to the press so we can see what the so called experts think.

If it’s sitting in the showroom all dolled up and shiny, it’s unlikey it will have been driven - other than into the showroom.

nowmar

Post by nowmar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Sat in the passenger seat for a quick run a couple day ago at a Jag event.

The ride quality seems similar to the S although very difficult judge on a runway, the seats i felt was harder but looked more impressive.

I was told first deliveries was January and the press will get hold of them very soon, the delay was apparently to get the I-pace rushed for release because of the new American regulations about low emission percentage of car sales.

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks nowmar - interesting that you have focused on the seats and ride quality. Acceleration, engine sound, and handling would have been where my attention was directed!! :D
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

nowmar

Post by nowmar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:53 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:33 pm
Thanks nowmar - interesting that you have focused on the seats and ride quality. Acceleration, engine sound, and handling would have been where my attention was directed!! :D
The acceleration i felt was slightly quicker then the v6, did not fell massively quicker but it did reach 150mph much faster. The exhaust sound was awesome much deeper and much more low end rumble that the v6. on the outside it was not as loud as the f-Type SVR but still loud. Less drone noise inside the cabin as well.

The quad exhaust looks awesome at the back but all the satin grey trim is not really my cup of tea.

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:17 pm

nowmar wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:53 pm
Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:33 pm
The acceleration i felt was slightly quicker then the v6, did not fell massively quicker but it did reach 150mph much faster. The exhaust sound was awesome much deeper and much more low end rumble that the v6. on the outside it was not as loud as the f-Type SVR but still loud. Less drone noise inside the cabin as well.

The quad exhaust looks awesome at the back but all the satin grey trim is not really my cup of tea.
Thanks Nowmar, that's helpful. Agree, the lack of a black pack, or body coloured trim all over is an odd one - I wonder if that might change at some point..

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Good to hear! Were they booting it round the track, or was it a fairly tame demo? Hopefully it’s got a nice startup ‘roar’?

My order is in (whatever that means?!) and I’ve gone with the Corris Grey - which looks to go pretty well with the matt grey trim. If there was a black pack, I’d pick it... but it would have to make everything black.

The dealer is optimistic that they’ll have a demonstrator VERY soon. We’ll see!

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:57 pm

nowmar wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:21 pm
Sat in the passenger seat for a quick run a couple day ago at a Jag event.

The ride quality seems similar to the S although very difficult judge on a runway, the seats i felt was harder but looked more impressive.

I was told first deliveries was January and the press will get hold of them very soon, the delay was apparently to get the I-pace rushed for release because of the new American regulations about low emission percentage of car sales.

Ah, that makes sense... The same reason Aston Martin got Toyota IQs remodelled as Cygnets... To bring down their overall emissions production.

And as the iPace demonstrators are still languishing awaiting their production software, when we see those on actual customer test runs, perhaps we'll see the first SVR of autumn....

SVRunner

Post by SVRunner » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:05 am

Hi Team,

Just stumbled across this forum/thread as keen to get a little insight into when I can expect my darn SVR to arrive!!
Like many other here, by the sounds of it, I've had my "order" in with dealer for several months (since May!) but am just trying to ascertain when I'm likely to get my keys.

I'm new to Jaguar, but have been sampling JLR's finest since 2013, albeit in various Range Rover / Sport guises. I had one of the first RRS SVRs off the production line/SVO and absolutely loved it. Bit gutted I sold it though (at least for a profit!) as they're still commanding a serious premium 3 years on! Hope the same will be said for the F-Pace variant but I don't plan to make the same mistake of selling it too soon!

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:32 pm

SVRunner wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:05 am
Just stumbled across this forum/thread as keen to get a little insight into when I can expect my darn SVR to arrive!!
Like many other here, by the sounds of it, I've had my "order" in with dealer for several months (since May!) but am just trying to ascertain when I'm likely to get my keys.
I don’t think anyone will have the crystal ball that’ll give you a definitive answer to this question! Everyone here and all the dealers are in the same boat - in that they just don’t know!
I was told mine would be here at the end of this year, and they’re now guessing January / February.

The fact there are no demonstrators or press cars out there makes me think it’ll still be a while away. I’m looking forward to all the magazines getting hold of one and giving us some reviews.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”