Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

F-Pace SVR coming soon?

216K views 622 replies 67 participants last post by  davidmt 
#1 ·
I know there have been a couple of mentions on here - can't find any confirmation though - about the possibility of a mythical F-Pace.

I have very recently been informed by a reliable source* - and I've seen it being tested - that the F-Pace SVR will arrive later this year.

5.0 supercharged V8, as in the F-Type. almost 600hp, with uprated everything.

Rumoured to be sensibly priced (if something like this can be sensible) at about £60k for the base model.

Local dealer would neither confirm nor deny, but did say say Jaguar are planning to go further down the performance route with all cars, as the new XE would signify.

I know there are a couple of vids doing the rounds from the Nurburgring etc. so it seems to back up the info.

Comments or other news anyone?

*Not a bloke down the pub ;)

See less See more
#152 ·
Tim

I got an all in 11.7% discount ( inc Finance allowance ) on the V6 S so hopefully one can reproduce that on the SVR - It looks reasonably priced though against the Range Rover SVR and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio considering that it is the only SUV type that can hold a candle to the Macan in terms of handling and ride dynamics . It is definitely better than the X3 which I have borrowed and the SQ5 (352 hp) don't know about the GLC though but I think that the X3 is being revamped. Still the SVR will be the quickest of the lot unless Porsche take up the challenge ...

James

#153 ·
jmb said:
Tim

I got an all in 11.7% discount ( inc Finance allowance ) on the V6 S so hopefully one can reproduce that on the SVR - It looks reasonably priced though against the Range Rover SVR and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio considering that it is the only SUV type that can hold a candle to the Macan in terms of handling and ride dynamics . It is definitely better than the X3 which I have borrowed and the SQ5 (352 hp) don't know about the GLC though but I think that the X3 is being revamped. Still the SVR will be the quickest of the lot unless Porsche take up the challenge ...

James
I think you missed the point of the post and I cannot see Jaguar giving any discount on a brand new model, like they did on your soon to be discontinued one.

#154 ·
I guess you are right .
What I can't understand is why they are canning the V6 S - Between the 4 cylinder 309hp and the 542hp V8 , there is wuite a sizeable marketing gap - the V8 is a pure halo product but there won't be too many sales at that price point and the F Pace is a Jag that deserves more than 4 cylinders...

#155 ·
jmb said:
I guess you are right .
What I can't understand is why they are canning the V6 S - Between the 4 cylinder 309hp and the 542hp V8 , there is wuite a sizeable marketing gap - the V8 is a pure halo product but there won't be too many sales at that price point and the F Pace is a Jag that deserves more than 4 cylinders...
This is very true. If I had to replace my V6 S Petrol now for whatever reason, there's no way I would down grade to a lesser model. Likewise, whilst I would love the SVR it makes no sense for me to spend £20k more and get far worse fuel economy living in London.
I would probably end up leaving Jag altogether....

#156 ·
To be honest I've driven the v6 and the 2.0 turbo and given the weight difference between the two power plants
I didn't really feel very much difference and a 3.0 in London is pointless anyway
The SVR will appeal to petrol heads me being one who just love that v8 noise being a classic American car enthusiast
It's all about the noise

#157 ·
jagman2017 said:
To be honest I've driven the v6 and the 2.0 turbo and given the weight difference between the two power plants
I didn't really feel very much difference and a 3.0 in London is pointless anyway
The SVR will appeal to petrol heads me being one who just love that v8 noise being a classic American car enthusiast
It's all about the noise
My V6 noise with the pops and crackles is great so not sure if I'd get that from that from a 2.0 ltr turbo.
Certainly not pointless in London and it only takes me 10 mins to get out on to the open road.
I had a 2.2 ltr diesel RR Evoque before that and F Pace 3 ltr supercharged is light years ahead in fun, noise and pace.

#158 ·
jagman2017 said:
It's all about the noise
Personally think there is a huge difference though to be fair only drive the 2.0 petrol in an F Type. Can't imagine what it would be like in a much bigger car though sure it's fine. Getting out of London certainly helps on all fronts.
Very much interested in the SVR though not sure I'll be buying just yet and most likely not brand new.
The 4.0 AMG variant or SVR will most likely be my next move though need to drive and see what the SVR urban ride is like before deciding.

#159 ·
I'm really quite keen on the SVR.

As I mentioned in my intro post, it looks like demo cars are a couple of months away and deliveries maybe 6 months off from here - if the dealer estimates are not too far off. Hopefully by then there will be some decent reviews and comparisons with the competition, as at the moment there is only the launch publicity/ads and related articles, the online brochure and configurator to play around with :)

Patience, Young Jedi...

#161 ·
Saw three, yes three RRS SVRs in a 50 mile journey today..home to Surbiton, Cobham, Leatherhead, Wimbledon. They are becoming very common and to be honest still look like a car I would draw when I was five. The F Pace SVR not only looks a lot more purposeful but will be about £25k cheaper. Tempting to think which way I will jump a couple of years down the track...electric or SVR beast!

#162 ·
Agreed Smitten,the jag manages to carry off the aggressive look with a lot more elegance given it's beautiful lines, it was always going be .They need to be different enough to appeal to both sorts of customer anyway.

The YOB in tweed ,....😳and the YOB in jeans🤪 !!

😂😂😂😂Only joking,... I'm just jealous because the wife won't let me have one.

You could consider the petrol SVR as your last chance to stick 2 fingers up to the electric brigade before they make us all have to drive milk floats,... as ridiculously fast off the line as they are. We will all be making the choice of charging the car or lighting the lamps in 20 years time anyway, ..... so go out knowing your car was one of the first to be banned because its engine is bigger than 1.2 litres and 55 Kw of total power output 🤣🤣.

In the ideal world we would all have that secret weekend car that howled like a stabbed banshee!!, to remind us of what going out for just a drive used to be all about!! FUN !!

Regards JC.

#163 ·
I suspect by the time I am ready to part with this one JC, driving a V8 5 Litre will turn me into a pariah with family and friends but my goodness it is tempting to put those two fingers up and drive off in an exhaust haze! Perhaps in a few years there will be more electric vehicles to tempt us with their blistering performance and an infrastructure to support them...

#165 ·
:eek: so, 3 Months since Jag 'launched' the F-Pace SVR, and still none of the mags have actually driven or tested one. I've never known anything like it. When BMW launched the latest M3/M4, journalists got to drive it round a race track in Portugal for a on launch day. All we've seen of the SVR is it race up and down a few country roadsn in a promo video Is it really taking this long to start actually making them? Or have they run into a problem?

#166 ·
Matteus F-Pace said:
:eek: so, 3 Months since Jag 'launched' the F-Pace SVR, and still none of the mags have actually driven or tested one. I've never known anything like it. When BMW launched the latest M3/M4, journalists got to drive it round a race track in Portugal for a on launch day. All we've seen of the SVR is it race up and down a few country roadsn in a promo video Is it really taking this long to start actually making them? Or have they run into a problem?
Agreed come on Jaguar, get on with it!

#167 ·
Lofty8174 said:
Matteus F-Pace said:
Agreed come on Jaguar, get on with it!
+1. I'm really impatient :)

I don't know if this is a typical Jag thing to have long lead times from launch to availability, or whether they felt that they needed a big 'halo' unveiling for the NY auto show and rushed out a few pre-production models before they were properly ready with full scale production? That said, if they can put out what looks like showroom ready versions for the promotional stuff in late March, I don't know what is holding them up.

Maybe someone who know the ins and outs of JLR better can comment.

#168 ·
They could be waiting until after the summer shut-down of the Lode Lane Plant in the first 2 weeks of July! It is late this year, normally last week of June and first week in July, must have a bulging order book to fulfil.

Jock

#170 ·
JOCK55 said:
They could be waiting until after the summer shut-down of the Lode Lane Plant in the first 2 weeks of July! It is late this year, normally last week of June and first week in July, must have a bulging order book to fulfil.

Jock
The dealer I spoke to reckoned that they would have a demonstrator by August. Although they did admit that they did not have a lot of information. That seems to fit in with starting SVR production after the summer shut down.

#171 ·
I thought that if I went away on hols for a bit then JLR might pull their corporate finger out and give us some news on the SVR - but no :roll: At least the weather, food and wine is good in Cyprus, although not an F-Pace to be seen...

#173 ·
#175 ·
I went and saw my local dealer Guy Salmon as heard nothing for nearly 4 weeks, Informed that their is still no news on the SVR, he confirmed that the issue with WLTP was now clearing and allocation was taking place for all the models, showed me the official list and SVR was at TBC, also confirmed that any new orders via the configurator or sales teams in UK have been stopped ??

JLR are still insisting that deliveries would commence late summer, but considering we are now at end of July , i don't hold much hope, as summertime ends on the 23rd September, but the most galling thing is JLR still showcasing the SVR at Goodwood, and upon talking to the gents there and they are all aligned in late summer delivery, come on, this is not a way to treat valued customers going forward. I am now away until the end of August abroad and if now news by then, then I have told them, I will buy a pre reg RR SVR instead or new one, as I am sure RR will be delighted to sell their SVR product to me.

I just cannot understand JLR's marketing for this premier product, they build it up, offer the product via website and sales offices, then nothing apart from the odd outing to keep the general public interested, and now everything has stopped.

Sorry for the rant, but the frustration with the whole SVR is evident.

#176 ·
RBMH104 said:
I went and saw my local dealer Guy Salmon as heard nothing for nearly 4 weeks, Informed that their is still no news on the SVR, he confirmed that the issue with WLTP was now clearing and allocation was taking place for all the models, showed me the official list and SVR was at TBC, also confirmed that any new orders via the configurator or sales teams in UK have been stopped ??

JLR are still insisting that deliveries would commence late summer, but considering we are now at end of July , i don't hold much hope, as summertime ends on the 23rd September, but the most galling thing is JLR still showcasing the SVR at Goodwood, and upon talking to the gents there and they are all aligned in late summer delivery, come on, this is not a way to treat valued customers going forward. I am now away until the end of August abroad and if now news by then, then I have told them, I will buy a pre reg RR SVR instead or new one, as I am sure RR will be delighted to sell their SVR product to me.

I just cannot understand JLR's marketing for this premier product, they build it up, offer the product via website and sales offices, then nothing apart from the odd outing to keep the general public interested, and now everything has stopped.

Sorry for the rant, but the frustration with the whole SVR is evident.
True, the wait is frustrating. Although the dealer I spoke to in early June said it would be August before any demo model wpuld be available: if you then add on the WLTP delays then we are probably looking at September at least.

Also I want to see some motoring press reviews and comparisons with the likes of the GLC 63, Macan and Stelvio just to be sure before I commit money. Luckily I am in no big hurry to buy as we have two perfectly functional cars in the family 'fleet'. One of them will have to go eventually as it effectively won't be able to go inside the North or South circular roads once Mr.Khan's expanded low emission zone kick in - although that is not until October 2021.

But now that Carwow are on the case there will likely be more leverage on price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.