Dealer freebies

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
deeceebee

Dealer freebies

Post by deeceebee » Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Just curious.... it's impossible, so I believe, to get a discount on the list price of the F Pace but how many of you have been able to twist the dealers arm and get anything else thrown in as part of the package?
No matter how sought after a car, or how much it costs, it should always be possible to get a little extra. So, to get the ball rolling, I got a 5 year service plan, one of those auto shine protection things, space saver, a few small accessories and a full tank of petrol.
Whilst it's easy to get washed away into signing up, I haven't seen any mention on here about how hard the dealer was taken before the deal was done. For guys visiting this site before committing to a purchase, they might like to know what bargaining powers they could use, for those on here who've already committed, they might need to lick a wound or two. :D
I get my car in July, so I'm told by my dealer and so looking forward to it.
MY2018 25T F Sport, Carpathian Grey, navigation pro, privacy glass, ambient lighting, space saver, 5 year service plan and a few other goodies, courtesy of dealer.

JLRnumber5

Re: Dealer freebies

Post by JLRnumber5 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Definitely not impossible to get a discount on the car. Try CarWow .. I think their average discount is about £1900 at the moment.
Two rejected FP 3.0 V6 Diesel S. Still a massive JLR fan but driving an Audi until Jaguar gets its act together.

Coopsterdude

Post by Coopsterdude » Thu May 18, 2017 1:35 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm
Definitely not impossible to get a discount on the car. Try CarWow .. I think their average discount is about £1900 at the moment.
Agreed.................I bought mine from Rockar Jaguar at Westfield Shopping Centre in London and got a similar discount.
2.0D AWD Prestige Auto. BRG, Oyster trim with Pistachio stitching, Privacy Glass, Activity Key and Towbar

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm

I got a free car!

I gave a man some money and he gave me a Jaguar F-Pace :D
Polaris white 3.0D S, 22 Helix wheels, full pano roof, deplorable side-steps, privacy glass, carbon fibre bits, splash guards and a few other toys

deeceebee

Post by deeceebee » Thu May 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Aha, Orangewheels don't give a discount, other sites say they do but when the figures come out, there's no discount on the list. Just registered with CarWow to see if there's anything out there, out of curiosity. Maybe it'll be me licking my wounds about not getting the best deal but I estimate the value of dealer freebies I got (nothing off list) was about £1800.
MY2018 25T F Sport, Carpathian Grey, navigation pro, privacy glass, ambient lighting, space saver, 5 year service plan and a few other goodies, courtesy of dealer.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:52 pm

I was the same as you deeceebee (I'm guessing they're your initials .. hmmmm ... Derek Charles?? ... LOL) ... freebies (to a value of about £1500) but no discount.
Last edited by JLRnumber5 on Thu May 18, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two rejected FP 3.0 V6 Diesel S. Still a massive JLR fan but driving an Audi until Jaguar gets its act together.

deeceebee

Post by deeceebee » Thu May 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Tim W wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm
I got a free car!

I gave a man some money and he gave me a Jaguar F-Pace :D
Now then Tim W, you're obviously having a very good day but have you noticed that your Jag signature has 'deplorable side steps' instead of deployable site steps', or are they really that bad? :D :D :D

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Thu May 18, 2017 1:55 pm

deeceebee wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 1:53 pm
Now then Tim W, you're obviously having a very good day but have you noticed that your Jag signature has 'deplorable side steps' instead of deployable site steps', or are they really that bad? :D :D :D
They are that bad, it is on purpose and if you'd read previous posts you'd know. ;)

Now please don't bother me again :lol:
Polaris white 3.0D S, 22 Helix wheels, full pano roof, deplorable side-steps, privacy glass, carbon fibre bits, splash guards and a few other toys

deeceebee

Post by deeceebee » Thu May 18, 2017 2:07 pm

I don't get these 'side steps' (just so I don't incur Tim w's wrath) they get in the way and rub the back of my ankle and leg getting in and out of the car so for £2k, or whatever they cost, just seems pointless. Tried it, didn't like it.

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Thu May 18, 2017 2:19 pm

deeceebee wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 2:07 pm
I don't get these 'side steps' (just so I don't incur Tim w's wrath) they get in the way and rub the back of my ankle and leg getting in and out of the car so for £2k, or whatever they cost, just seems pointless. Tried it, didn't like it.
Couldn't agree more deeceebee.

Totally useless things IMHO, but other people might like them and find a use, so they will stay on for re-sale value.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”