Stop and start

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Jim

Re: Stop and start

Post by Jim » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 pm

I had what is probably the same or similar Stop/Start system on my XF which I owned for 5 years and over 100,000 miles and had (and still have) no issues with the system, no problems with the auxilliary battery (in the XF) or with the starter motor. I did learn to nudge the steering if I wanted the engine running so I could dart out into gaps in traffic on busy roads or make a swift start (and also selecting 1st).

Most of the time I simply didn't and still don't notice the Stop/Start as I'm not usually in a hurry and it picks up in time to not be noticable for most of the times I pull away from being stationary.

I have now done just over 15,000 miles in my F-Pace.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Coopsterdude

Post by Coopsterdude » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Gato Grande wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm
Cor, you are a brain storm Coops, the things you know, I’m impressed,
Actual I’m just a bit of a geek and tend to analyse things to the nth degree!!!!
2.0D AWD Prestige Auto. BRG, Oyster trim with Pistachio stitching, Privacy Glass, Activity Key and Towbar

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 7:44 pm
To be honest its only fitted so they can meet the new laws with cars and pollution.

I turn it off every time i drive the car as personally i find it a pain in the backside, just wish it would remember the fact i turned it off as every time you start the car you have to turn it off.
This.

I couldn't agree more.

That's a first :lol:
Polaris white 3.0D S, 22 Helix wheels, full pano roof, deplorable side-steps, privacy glass, carbon fibre bits, splash guards and a few other toys

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”