Remote start - again slight twist

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Smitten

Re: Remote start - again slight twist

Post by Smitten » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:23 pm

And just realised I don't have the winter wiper park mode option listed where it should be so I will mention at the 1st service
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

RoyF

Post by RoyF » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Mine was built same time as yours 'Smitten' and I don't have winter wiper park mode either. Think it was already deleted for some reason by then, but would like to get it added. Let us know if you have any luck......As for remote start, which this thread was really about, I wouldn't want to be without it now.... 10/10 for that one JLR !!
R-Sport 240 AWD - Yulong White, Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, Heated Wheel, Advanced Parking with Surround Camera, Adaptive Cruise, Heated Screen, Power Mirrors, Electric Tow Bar, Space Saver, Configurable Ambient Lighting, Homelink Opener.

Jim

Post by Jim » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:11 pm

If I recall there is a post somewhere on the forum where someone has posted the dealer configurable options, one of which was turning on the wiper park position option. May be worth a search and taking the screen shots along to your dealers, assuming it can be added to early cars.
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:16 pm

I believe it may be dealer configurable as well but will check when mine goes in for update. Not sure how much use it will be with heated screen
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Jim wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:11 pm
If I recall there is a post somewhere on the forum where someone has posted the dealer configurable options, one of which was turning on the wiper park position option. May be worth a search and taking the screen shots along to your dealers, assuming it can be added to early cars.
Winter Wiper Mode is a dealer configurable option and my MY18 (built Nov 2017) came without it configured but dealer was able to enable it at my request.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:24 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 pm
Jim wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:11 pm
Winter Wiper Mode is a dealer configurable option and my MY18 (built Nov 2017) came without it configured but dealer was able to enable it at my request.
Result. That's what I thought. Is it worth the fuss?

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:51 am

In the USA where I rented several cars that had remote start if the car was unlocked it wouldn't start as the Jag does however if the car was unlocked during the remote start run the engine stopped, I assume that if the car was broken into and a door opened the engine would stop. That would then get round the problem of someone trying to break in as they will have achieved no more than breaking in to any other car.
It is a nice feature I used it when in the states on cold frosty mornings, I haven't had much opportunity to use it on my F-Pace yet but I can see it being useful in the summer just to cool the car off enough to open the doors if we have another heatwave.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”