Product enhancement !!

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Jags cat

Product enhancement !!

Post by Jags cat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi all, so my car went into get the various checks done , track rod ends, coolant tank, etc. However they have now found some more issues on mine that are not supposed to be relevant to my VIN chassis build Codes, but have been on other forum members cars,this includes the USB lead and or module replacement, and I apparently have very slight squeaking rear bushes problem. They have advised Jaguar technical support, and are waiting a response as to why my car was not identified in the original notifications programme for these issues.

Have been asked to return car in the next few weeks, to have the work carried out, and for further investigation into the start button not functioning correctly intermittently, which has only happened in past week or so. So it would appear that my fault free car,........was not fault free after all.

Appreciate that given some of the nightmare issues still ongoing for some owners, and the current debarcale holding up deliveries of new vehicles due out in March and April, these problems are very minor, what it does reinforce is the need to have a dealer who gives a good level of customer service.

Regards,
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

catwoman

Re: Product enhancement !!

Post by catwoman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Not sure what to think about this news. It does sound a bit like the left hand doesn't really know what the right is doing! It seems that communication between JLR HQ and the Dealer's service departments, via the TOPIX route, is a bit inconsistent. How can they be looking at issues that aren't relevant to your VIN? :?

Can I ask you to check something for me Mr Jags cat . . have they updated, or offered to update, your car's software so that the "Winter Wiper Park" feature is enabled under "Wiper Settings", which is in the "Convenience Features" section of the "Vehicle Settings" menu, all accessed from the steering wheel menu button? I have been told there is no software update available to enable this, but it's a feature that is definitely now available on all cars with ICT (..not on mine!) There has to be a software update for ICT since we collected our cars last year. Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to provide on this.

winter wiper park.jpg

"Winter Wiper Park" is an option available on current vehicles with ICT
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 pm

This is not on the update I got :o

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 pm

Just checked mine and no winter park on mine either.

How can something so basic be missing from one system to another.

Oh i know Jaguar. :evil:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

DPE

Post by DPE » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm

I had an F Pace 2.0d Portfolio bought 6 months ago in October. This did not have it. I have sold it and got a 3.0dS a week agp. This does have the same as in the picture. It must be an update.
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi CW, I agree with that,..... given what's going on in JLR right now, I don't think the right hand even knows there is a left hand :shock: :shock: :? !!

To be fair to my dealer, at least they have been checking the other things as a matter of due diligence and as a result found issues I was unaware of!! So credit where it is due ;) TAUNTON JAGUAR :P :P :P

Other service depts might have just checked only what was asked for. I will ask them about any software updates as the letter said there are a number of features included for 2017 update. At least they gave it a clean and a vac before they returned it. I know some members think it's not a good idea to let the garage do this at the risk of damaging the paint etc, but it looks like they have taken care and must have cleaned the inside of the wheels while they were removed to check the brakes, as they are spotless and like new!

However,...... :roll: ...just had a quick check on my menus and winter wipe option is listed in grey, but not accessible to activate still. I will ask when it goes back in, in a week or so, as am going for a mini break to Wales to enjoy the rain that's coming :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

The Gman

Post by The Gman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Original didn't have it even with ITCP v2.5 upgrade, v2 did, maybe on the later build cars there is a hardware change that allows the software to exploit it?
7k miles in an SC rejected, replaced with 3D S on 3rd March, currently same issues on new as old :cry: also now rejected at 1100 miles, deposit on an iPace :o :shock: :roll:

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:15 pm

DPE wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm
I had an F Pace 2.0d Portfolio bought 6 months ago in October. This did not have it. I have sold it and got a 3.0dS a week agp. This does have the same as in the picture. It must be an update.
Do you have ITCP?
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:17 pm

The Gman wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:46 pm
Original didn't have it even with ITCP v2.5 upgrade, v2 did, maybe on the later build cars there is a hardware change that allows the software to exploit it?
Must be recent as only had it upgraded a few weeks ago and i have not got this option.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 pm

My Aug 16 build didn't have it. My Jan 17 build does.
Two rejected FP 3.0 V6 Diesel S. Still a massive JLR fan but driving an Audi until Jaguar gets its act together.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”