Options FAQ

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
jmb

Re: Options FAQ

Post by jmb » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:20 am

I agree with Smitten.

I actually found The HUD distracting as it was just off my Eye line but maybe that is because I am not used to it - it is not cluttered though with the info limited to current speed and limit / gear/ nav arrow and cruise control info. I just did not see the point with all info in the digital display on the steering wheel

Re 360 degree camera , it seemed a rather expensive add on in view of the fact that the S model already has parking sensors and a good rear view camera. Still if you want the self park option then you need to get the 360 camera - I have always been used to parking myself and am not fire how useful this option really is and whether people consider it good value for money ?

James

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 am

jmb wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:20 am
I agree with Smitten.

I actually found The HUD distracting as it was just off my Eye line but maybe that is because I am not used to it - it is not cluttered though with the info limited to current speed and limit / gear/ nav arrow and cruise control info. I just did not see the point with all info in the digital display on the steering wheel

Re 360 degree camera , it seemed a rather expensive add on in view of the fact that the S model already has parking sensors and a good rear view camera. Still if you want the self park option then you need to get the 360 camera - I have always been used to parking myself and am not fire how useful this option really is and whether people consider it good value for money ?

James
Likewise on parking James. I like to know I can do it myself without relying on too much tech. All I have heard about the self park option (on here actually) is that it is a good way of kerbing your alloy wheels :o

Personally prefer to dip the mirror so I can see the kerb and not get too close! Be interesting to hear if anyone actually uses self park regularly or if its just a gimmick? FYI with memory drivers seat the passenger mirror auto dips when reverse is selected but it isn't to the correct angle for all.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:42 am

I like the 360 camera and trust that more than just relying on beepers .

It’s really useful in reverse to get both the reversing view rear camera coupled with the Birdseye view on the screen at the same time.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone, food for thought although have to admit I'm still not sure about the 360 camera. I'm pretty sure I could make do with beepers, reversing camera and mirrors. Unfortunately our current car still has some battle scars from my OH's parking and maneuvering exploits which I'm not keen to repeat ! So every little helps.

@jmb - silly question, but presumably you can turn the HUD off?
No F-Pace yet. Looking...

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Steve C wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 pm
Thanks for the replies everyone, food for thought although have to admit I'm still not sure about the 360 camera. I'm pretty sure I could make do with beepers, reversing camera and mirrors. Unfortunately our current car still has some battle scars from my OH's parking and maneuvering exploits which I'm not keen to repeat ! So every little helps.

You didn't mention the OH and battle scars :lol:

Get everything including a pole with flag attached to the nearside front wheel arch :D

My partner and daughter will both try very hard to park badly forwards into a space rather than reverse in to start with. Can't understand the logic but trying to parallel park by driving forward into a space is how they have kerbed the Mini's wheels and scraped the nearest front bumper against a wall. Do I want either to drive the F Pace? :roll:

Not being sexist but it is something I have noticed a lot of females doing although I am sure there are plenty of men who park badly too!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Speaking for myself, it is over fifteen years since I caught a kerb. Smitten, you may think you are not being sexist, but you are sailing very close to it . . saved only marginally by the end of your last sentence. All you need to know, there will be just as many men with kerbed rims as there are women. Anymore generalised gender slurs and I'll start taking names. Let's keep it nice and nobody gets hurt. ;)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Smitten wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:59 pm
Steve C wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 pm

You didn't mention the OH and battle scars :lol:

Get everything including a pole with flag attached to the nearside front wheel arch :D

My partner and daughter will both try very hard to park badly forwards into a space rather than reverse in to start with. Can't understand the logic but trying to parallel park by driving forward into a space is how they have kerbed the Mini's wheels and scraped the nearest front bumper against a wall. Do I want either to drive the F Pace? :roll:

Not being sexist but it is something I have noticed a lot of females doing although I am sure there are plenty of men who park badly too!
Call me cautious, but I used the word scars in the plural deliberately :) The biggest scar wasn't even parking, it was failing to avoid the corner of a wall while taking a sharp turn coming out of our local multi storey...

I suppose I'll go for the 360 camera and see if there any aftermarket bubblewrapping services available for cars :lol:

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 pm

One other silly question - can you turn the HUD off?

I assume so but just want to be sure.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:04 am

Hi all

Is driver assist/park parK a must?

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:13 am

Hi Smitten
There are companies who will completely wrap the car in plastic sheeting which will protect it from stones and branches etc. but the cost when I looked at it 18 months ago when I bought was around £4000 so an expensive option.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”