Options FAQ

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
lozpace

Re: Options FAQ

Post by lozpace » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Felixstowe wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:12 pm
just a quick (probably daft question), i cant see the digital dashboard in the configurator. Can anyone tell me how you add it or does it come automatically with ITCP.
Thanks
It does come automatically with ICTP.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks for that
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm

This is a brilliant post. Looking to order an F pace and this has given me food for thought

bensales

Post by bensales » Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 pm

lozpace wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 pm
Felixstowe wrote:
just a quick (probably daft question), i cant see the digital dashboard in the configurator. Can anyone tell me how you add it or does it come automatically with ITCP.
Thanks
Be careful, this is no longer true as of model year '19. The 10in 'Pro' screen is standard across all, but the digital dash and 'Pro' audio/nav and CD are all options depending on the model.
2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

June16

Post by June16 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:49 pm

bensales wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 pm
lozpace wrote:
Felixstowe wrote:
Thanks
Be careful, this is no longer true as of model year '19. The 10in 'Pro' screen is standard across all, but the digital dash and 'Pro' audio/nav and CD are all options depending on the model.
Yes Ben I noticed too it was a bigger screen , but required options.
What surprised me was the basic ICTP seems to come with an 80W 6 speaker system , is this a misprint for 180W?

No wattages are listed for the meridian and surround system , have they also changed?

The old standard system in the DS was 10 speaker 180 W , seems a bit low spec if 80W is the new standard spec in the FPace even with the bigger screen.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Tue May 15, 2018 2:04 pm

bensales wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 pm
lozpace wrote:
Felixstowe wrote:
Thanks
That is correct and may catch out a few people, new buyers beware.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

bensales

Post by bensales » Tue May 15, 2018 2:17 pm

June16 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:49 pm

What surprised me was the basic ICTP seems to come with an 80W 6 speaker system , is this a misprint for 180W?
I suspect it's not a mis-print. You really are only getting the larger screen as standard. It's far from the previous 'Pro' system. I see on the configurator there are a couple of extra 'Pro' options under 'Optional Features that give better audio, CD player, and the digital dash. I guess they're the true replacement for the old ICTP option.
2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

jmb

Post by jmb » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:49 am

After 500 miles and a week of ownership , I thought that I would offer some comments on my purchase and some of the options I chose

First the options

1. Sliding pano roof - expensive but definitely worth it for me as it gives the car a light and airy feel - nice option for summer driving

2. AdSR - have not used it yet so can’t really judge its utility although I am unlikely to do much off roading with what is essentially a sports car .

3. Meridian Surround - hesitated about this but can’t really complain - the sound is enveloping and quite rich - I particularly like the fact that with a quiet V6 engine you can hear every note of my favourite piano pieces whilst driving at 70mph on the highway .

4. Touch Pro - I like the IPad functionality and the digital cluster display which includes a map in front of the driver so I don’t have to look sideways for directions. This obviates the need for The HUD option in my view , which at any rate I found quite distracting.

The system is simple and intuitive and rapid - much better than the standard in control touch offering - still the media library capacity is quite low and there is no voice control for the sat nav and there is no Apple car play . Overall though it is a very good system .

5. Ambient lights - bit of a gimmick but the kids like it- at least it keeps them entertained.

6. Electric back seats - ditto here although the buttons are difficult to access .

7. Back seat remote release button - good option but JLR should really do an electric option which folds down the seats and back up without any manual intervention.

8. Adaptive LED lights - very very useful - possibly the best value and most underrated option of the lot - you will really appreciate the auto high beam assist at night time

9. Lumbar support - not sure about whether I really needed this one but my wife gets a bad back from time to time so she likes this one. Personally I could do withouu it.

10. 22 inch double helix black wheels - I am torn on this expensive option choice - on the one hand , I find the ride somewhat harsh over my local pot holed roads , on the other they look really stunning aesthetically as well as the fact that they give a fantastic feeling of roadholding and cornering stability like you get in the F type . Still I would not recommend 22 inch wheels without the Adaptive dynamics suspension system - I tried that in a test model and the ride was way too jittery for my liking.

In terms of the model I purchased ( V6 S) , the engine is smooth and elastic and I find no need to use the paddle shifts as the automatic transmission is very really caught out - it is so good that it almost anticipates your driving style and requirements.

But it is rather thirsty although I am able to average 30 mpg in eco mode ( ie sensible driving)

Can’t see the sense in JLR canning the V6. And replacing it with a V8 SVR for lots of reasons but that is another debate.

Driving in an F Pace is quite a similar sensation I suspect to being a model on the catwalk - there is a lot of head turning in my high street !!

I think that the best compliment to the F Pace comes from a neighbour who has recently purchased a new SQ5 which is an excellent car in its own right -after mutual inspection of our respective new cars , the owner turned round and told me that he wished he could change his mind - e was happy with his car but felt that the F Pace really stood out for its styling and elegant proportions .

James

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:06 pm

I'd be interested to get feedback on how people find the Head Up display and the 360 deg camera.

The HUD is a fun thing for me as well as helping keep my eyes on the road - but it's not cheap. The 360 deg camera may be a bit superfluous if the parking sensors and rear camera are already included. Also the 360 camera seems very dear compared to the equivalent option on a Merc GLC - £335 - and Merc are not exactly known for underpricing!
No F-Pace yet. Looking...

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:43 pm

I didn't specify either as I thought them a bit superfluous but there are those on here who will swear by both. It's all personal preference.

I have parking sensors front and back, wide angle rear view camera and mirrors. I think I have plenty of ways of seeing around the car. You quickly get used to reversing into spaces and entrances.

Not sure what the HUD adds when you can just glance down at the display through the steering wheel.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”