Options FAQ

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Ironman

Re: Options FAQ

Post by Ironman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:21 am

What about the interactive driver display? It looks good but is it really worth the upgrade especially now all the F paces seem to have ICTP as standard.

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:39 pm

Is it only the ‘full size spare’ that comes with the hump in the boot?

I was speccing up a car last week, and chose the ‘svr reduced section alloy spare wheel’ as it seemed a good option for £160.
At the final screen under dimensions it states
“Boot volume (litres) when fitted with tyre repair system: 650” and then “Boot volume (litres) when fitted with the space saver spare wheel: 508”.

As much as I’d like a spare wheel, I don’t think I can justify giving away over 1/5th of the boot space for something I may never use!

I thought the reduced selection spare was intended to fit under the boot floor. I asked the dealer, but they were none the wiser!
Can anyone answer this?
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:30 pm

p3eps wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:39 pm

I was speccing up a car last week, and chose the ‘svr reduced section alloy spare wheel’ as it seemed a good option for £160.
“Boot volume (litres) when fitted with tyre repair system: 650” and then “Boot volume (litres) when fitted with the space saver spare wheel: 508”.

As much as I’d like a spare wheel, I don’t think I can justify giving away over 1/5th of the boot space for something I may never use!

I thought the reduced selection spare was intended to fit under the boot floor. I asked the dealer, but they were none the wiser!
Can anyone answer this?
Skinny spare and tool kit fits under the boot floor on top of battery and it means you can't use any of that area for additional storage but you get a flat boot. Full sized wheel gives you a hump. Reduced section spare is a good idea. I used mine today. Ten minutes to change a wheel vs goodness knows how long to wait for tyre man/recovery on a bank holiday? I asked a recovery guy last year about the inflation kits and he said 75% of the time they don't work plus the stuff injected means its a new tyre needed most times...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Smitten wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:30 pm
p3eps wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:39 pm

Can anyone answer this?
Skinny spare and tool kit fits under the boot floor on top of battery and it means you can't use any of that area for additional storage but you get a flat boot. Full sized wheel gives you a hump. Reduced section spare is a good idea. I used mine today. Ten minutes to change a wheel vs goodness knows how long to wait for tyre man/recovery on a bank holiday? I asked a recovery guy last year about the inflation kits and he said 75% of the time they don't work plus the stuff injected means its a new tyre needed most times...
Just seen this was SVR wheel and I don't know what the dimensions are of the skinny spare or the full sized wheels.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:34 pm

The well under the boot floor looked pretty big to me, and I can’t see how an SVR space saver wheel would be any ‘fatter’ than any other space saver? Unless it has to be fatter to cover bigger brakes? Although my order has been placed, it’ll probably be months until it’s allocated a build slot - so hopefully there is an answer to this before I can’t make any changes!

I assume the 650L of boot space doesn’t even count the part underneath the floor? I have a ‘collapsible spare’ in my SQ5 which the tyre blows up like an accordion if required. I’ve never used it, but like it there as a precaution.
There’s still spare round about it to store some little bits and bobs, like an old waterproof jacket and some “bags for life” incase of an impromptu trip to the shops!
F-Pace SVR - Collected 15/3/19

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:54 am

p3eps wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:34 pm
The well under the boot floor looked pretty big to me, and I can’t see how an SVR space saver wheel would be any ‘fatter’ than any other space saver? Unless it has to be fatter to cover bigger brakes? Although my order has been placed, it’ll probably be months until it’s allocated a build slot - so hopefully there is an answer to this before I can’t make any changes!

I assume the 650L of boot space doesn’t even count the part underneath the floor? I have a ‘collapsible spare’ in my SQ5 which the tyre blows up like an accordion if required. I’ve never used it, but like it there as a precaution.
There’s still spare round about it to store some little bits and bobs, like an old waterproof jacket and some “bags for life” incase of an impromptu trip to the shops!
You need confirmation of the width of the reduced section alloy spare wheel at some point. I see the rear wheels are wider than the front on an SVR at 295mm for rear tyres which is wider than the 265mm on my wheels so, conceivably the reduced section alloy spare may be wider than standard as well? Mine has a reduced section steel spare and jack so can't compare.

CATCHAT

Post by CATCHAT » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:52 pm

How valuable is the Adaptive LED headlight as an option compared to Xenons with LED running lights?
3.0 S Supercharged Carpathian Grey on 22 inch black wheels, black pack

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:25 pm

CATCHAT wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:52 pm
How valuable is the Adaptive LED headlight as an option compared to Xenons with LED running lights?
Did you read the start of this thread before you asked the question? . . you'll find various opinions already expressed . . some love 'em, others are less bothered . . if you like being flashed at by oncoming drivers 'cos you're dazzling them, then you'll love 'em! Whether they're worth the extra cost is debatable; you might feel they're worth it, to you, but your car won't likely be worth more at resale because of having them.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:28 pm

catwoman wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:25 pm
CATCHAT wrote:
..but your car won't likely be worth more at resale because of having them.
I would respectfully disagree with this. :?
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:47 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:28 pm
catwoman wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:25 pm
CATCHAT wrote:
..but your car won't likely be worth more at resale because of having them.
I would respectfully disagree with this. :?
Wishful thinking! . . are you suggesting you'll get the money you spent on them back?
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”