All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Bluefire65

Re: Options FAQ

Post by Bluefire65 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Ironman wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:04 am
Hi all

Is driver assist/park parK a must?
I can only say that I had Park Assist it in my XE and after trying it unsuccessfully 3 or 4 times I never used it. That may say more about me than the system but personally I find the 360 cameras much more useful for parking: Can't speak for the Adaptive cruise control or high speed braking; however Blind Spot assist is also a must for me, which would give me a bit of a dilemma now that it can't be selected individually, in terms of paying out for features that I will probably not use.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

Postl

Post by Postl » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Bluefire65 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:06 pm
Ironman wrote:
Hi all

I can only say that I had Park Assist it in my XE and after trying it unsuccessfully 3 or 4 times I never used it. That may say more about me than the system but personally I find the 360 cameras much more useful for parking: Can't speak for the Adaptive cruise control or high speed braking; however Blind Spot assist is also a must for me, which would give me a bit of a dilemma now that it can't be selected individually, in terms of paying out for features that I will probably not use.
Ive got the Park Assist package and the only time ive used it was when the dealer was demonstrating it nearly 12 months ago, It was my wife that wanted it as she was worrying about parking such a big, high car coming from an MX, but it has been a total waste of money in our opinion. However, the reversing camera is very useful and my wife and i do you it, but i can't remember if the camera comes as standard or as part of the park assist package.

Paul
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Steve C wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 pm
One other silly question - can you turn the HUD off?

I assume so but just want to be sure.
Anyone with HUD able to help here?
SVR took too long so it's a C63s AMG Estate for me. F-Pace next time...?

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Steve C wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:17 pm
Steve C wrote:

In one of the menus on the info panel on the dash there is an option about what info to include. The option to switch off may be in there or perhaps you can switch off all the data options and it won't show.

Hope that helps

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 am

JAGFlubster wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:38 pm
Steve C wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:17 pm
Steve C wrote:

In one of the menus on the info panel on the dash there is an option about what info to include. The option to switch off may be in there or perhaps you can switch off all the data options and it won't show.

Hope that helps

Flub!
Thanks Flubster - unfortunately as I don't own one yet I have no way of actually checking this. It's quite a niche request so I can always ask/check with the dealer when I go for a test drive.

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:21 am

Hi Steve C
You need to press the menu button on the steering which brings up a display on the speedo area then scroll down using the up down arrows on the wheel to the bottom option which will bring up the HUD option one of which is to turn it off. Regards Mark.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:44 pm

Markotley wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:21 am
Hi Steve C
You need to press the menu button on the steering which brings up a display on the speedo area then scroll down using the up down arrows on the wheel to the bottom option which will bring up the HUD option one of which is to turn it off. Regards Mark.
Thanks Mark - good to know it can be turned off !

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 am

Bluefire65 wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Hi all

Yeah the Blind Spot assist sounds good. It's really annoying that it is part of that rip off pack.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:51 am

Postl wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 pm
Bluefire65 wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Hi all

Ive got the Park Assist package and the only time ive used it was when the dealer was demonstrating it nearly 12 months ago, It was my wife that wanted it as she was worrying about parking such a big, high car coming from an MX, but it has been a total waste of money in our opinion. However, the reversing camera is very useful and my wife and i do you it, but i can't remember if the camera comes as standard or as part of the park assist package.

Paul
That is really interesting. The sales guy I had my test drive with say the same thing that I wouldn't use it

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Ironman wrote:
Hi all

Coming from the point of view of someone who currently has a car with beepers, I would say no unless you're a nervous parker! Agree with others that the cameras (reverising and/or 360) will probably be useful.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”