Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Options FAQ

139K views 143 replies 53 participants last post by  SuperXstyle 
#1 ·
If you've been looking into buying an F-Pace and like me, find the list of all the options or packs to be highly confusing and conflicting to work out what you're getting or not getting. Often it is hard to work, which are actually worthwhile and which are gimmicks / luxuries / embellishments, until you've lived with them for a while.

We've compiled this from owners to give their opinions on the options and condensed all answers to help you make up your mind:

1. Sliding Panoramic Roof - Mixed Reviews, one thing worth noting is with sliding panoramic roof you do get a bar in the window where the sliding pane of glass joins the fixed glass pane. Some love opening roofs (for fresh air) and some don't (opening roof will negate the A/C).
  2. LED Headlights - Some reports that you can't tell a difference in terms of brightness and light. however the adaptive settings etc come with LEDs and these are often standard features on modern cars. When you come to sell or trade in it's worth considering as by then far more basic cars will likely come with LED and adaptive headlights. It has been mentioned that the Bi-Xenon headlights as standard are not great too.
  3. In Control Touch Pro - There have been issues with ICTP, which are being ironed out but it's taking time. 380W sound wise is definitely enough power, however it is not just about power. if you are a real audiophile then 825W adds additional surround sound processor capability which adds to the experience, but it's an expensive option
  4. Head Up display - Some people with it have said they love it and wouldn't be without it. One thing to note is it does emit a high frequency humming sound, which is audibly noticeable unless music / radio is on.
  5. Blind Spot Monitor - Many owners with this will tell you this is a fantastic option. It can literally see round corners for you and alert you to oncoming vehicles, it's brilliant in car parks or when your vision is blocked by badly parked cars. If the 360 Cameras are specced then it'll bring them up and even show you the vehicle on the media screen.
  6. Smokers Pack - adds a 12V lighter socket and ashtray / storage in center console. My view is it adds an extra 2 USB sockets (with griffin adapter in the front) and another storage cubby hole. Others think there's plenty of USB sockets already.
  7. Cold Climate pack Vs. Climate control front and heated rear seats - These options are confusing. Advice is ensure you add 14 way seats first before selecting heated seats etc. and many suggest the heated steering wheel for cold days.
  8. Cup Holders with covers - You get the cup holders regardless, the £55 is for the sliding cover. It's expensive but almost all say a necessity as it looks untidy without and many that didn't get that option regret it or have bought individual holder covers on a well known auction site.
  9. Keyless entry - Is great,
  10. Full size spare - Avoid like the plague, the reversible load space floor panel with carpet needs to be replaced with one that is NOT flat as the alloy is too wide for the space below the floor. This means the floor panel is a hump in your boot, which ruins the load space
  11. Remote back seat leavers - Hit and Miss. Some say you need to access via the rear doors to lower headrests and therefore may as well just use the manual release levers. Others say very useful and a good buy for the price
  12. 360⁰ parking aid - Used all the time and gives a very good indication of how close obstacles are to the front and sides when manoeuvring.
  13. 360⁰ Camera - Some mention having seen some negative comments about them and recommendations to just get the 360⁰ sensors.
  14. Reverse Parking Camera - Can be used all the time and can help you park very neatly between the lines, which could lead to less damage or scratches from other cars. i felt that it was a must for a vehicle this size and did not like parking one without (not my car so extra cautious and worried about dinging it). But anyone without would soon get used to the size of the car and not having it I'm sure.
  15. Wheels - 19" Vs. 20" Vs. 22", A lot about Aesthetics here, people say larger wheels fill the arches better and look nicer. But with larger wheels in general comes a bumpier ride as the height of rubber in increased for 20" and increased further for 19" to compensate and fill the arches better. Also, when it comes to replacing those wheels or tyres, you're really going to feel it in your bank balance.
  16. Black Pack - removes the standard silver parts and adds gloss black front grille, side vents, and door cladding strip (at the bottom). Aesthetics here, but can make a big difference depending on your chosen paintwork colour.
  17. Activity key - One to watch out for, could be very useful if like me you go running or do outdoor activities, but at present there is some debate as it seems leaving the keys in the car (although deactivated) might invalidate insurance.
  18. Cabin pre-heat via remote - remote start and cabin pre-heat comes as standard via android/iPhone app, so it's a lot of money to just have it on the remote.
  19. Remote Release Levers - These are maybe more of a nice to have, it depends on who you speak to and what they use the F-Pace for. It literally adds a lever in the boot that when pulled, make the seats fold down flat (front seat positions permitting) this saves you needing to open the rear doors and push the buttons on top of the seats.

Ask a Question
or Add a response

Note:
Responses will be people's opinions and they are entitled to their own opinions, do not turn this thread into a pissing contest / argument but feel free to post your own opinion and we can distill into a non-biased view-point (giving positives and negatives and even state conflicting views)

Please feel free to add your own questions and perhaps we could turn it into an FAQ / Advice guide.
I've reserved 5 posts under-neath for in case it is turned into a sticky / FAQ and extra space is needed for all the info.

See less See more
#2 ·
* LEDs i find great, do an amazing job and the high beam assist works a treat for me.
* ICTP 380 is more than adequate for me. there was a bit on noise on this forum re. the 825W not being as 'good' as the a similar set up on the evoque.
* cupgate - its £50 for a sliding cover for your cup holders... just looks odd without

cannot comment on the others

#3 ·
Usually hate sun roofs. But portfolio came with pano roof as standard. Demo car had pano roof and I realised that for£150 extra having the option to open it was cheap. It's one option I would reselect if replacing my car.

I would have liked to seen the led lights in action, I'm not impressed with xenon but some of that is from sitting above the light pool rather than in it as in previous XF. So they are good but give a not so good feeling. Led lights have to be experienced to decide I didn't have that option.

Rear seat release levers are very good, rest of practicality pack is gimmicky and valueless.

#4 ·
From 5 months of driving my F Pace my thoughts are. Sliding version of the panoramic roof is a total waste of time with air con so I have deleted it on my replacement for my rejected vehicle and you don't then get the horrible space bar across the glass roof.Sliding cover for cupholders is a good idea and I have now included this as otherwise the holes look untidy. Jaguar are pathetic skinflints to charge £55 for this feature which should be standard.Rear seat release is a waste of time as you have to open the back door to lower the headrest so you might as well release the seat at the same time! In control touch pro I fortunately have no experience of but reading the problems members of this forum have and the cars rejected because of it it should be renamed " Out Of Control Touch Pro" as it seems a solution is a long way off If at all!!

#5 ·
Apollya said:
Hi All,

I've been looking into buying an F-Pace for a while now and have used the online specification tool god knows how many times. I find the list of all the options or packs to be highly confusing and conflicting to work out what you're getting or not getting. Also hard to work out until you've lived with them which are actually worthwhile and which are gimmicks / luxuries / embellishments (well for the most part)

If anyone could offer me some advice or personal experience on options that'd be great:
  1. Sliding Panoramic Roof - love it use it everyday it is not raining
  2. LED Headlights Vs. Xenon (do they really illuminate the road much more?) IMHO No, but others think yes. I have had them in the demo for nearly three weeks and literally cannot tell the difference.
  3. In Control Touch Pro (380W seems plenty and 825W Excessive?) Absolutely essential, makes the car, and 380w is sufficient
  4. Head Up display - Is it clear, cause issues / glare with night driving? cannot comment
  5. Smokers Pack (I gave up but if it adds an extra lighter socket i can turn into USB charger and storage space all the better) not sure
  6. Cold Climate pack Vs. Climate control front and heated rear seats. (Seems I can have one or the other... but not climate controlled seats with heated S steering wheel?) - I have heated seats and wished I had added heated steering wheel as the heating is not brilliant when cold.
  7. Cup Holders with covers (Is this literally just a sliding cover for cup holders or is the other option no cup holders at all?)
It is just the cover, and worth it, even if you do not use it often.

Well that's a start, I might add more later if I think of more.

Note:
Responses will be people's opinions and they are entitled to their own opinions, do not turn this thread into a pissing contest / argument but feel free to post your own opinion and we can distill into a non-biased view-point (giving positives and negatives and even state conflicting views)

Please feel free to add your own questions and perhaps we could turn it into an FAQ / Advice guide.
I've reserved 5 posts under-neath for in case it is turned into a sticky / FAQ and extra space is needed for all the info.
I have answered above, hope it is useful for you

#6 ·
Apollya said:
Hi All,

I've been looking into buying an F-Pace for a while now and have used the online specification tool god knows how many times. I find the list of all the options or packs to be highly confusing and conflicting to work out what you're getting or not getting. Also hard to work out until you've lived with them which are actually worthwhile and which are gimmicks / luxuries / embellishments (well for the most part)

If anyone could offer me some advice or personal experience on options that'd be great:
  1. Sliding Panoramic Roof. I had the fixed one, didn't want the bar.
  2. LED Headlights Vs. Xenon (do they really illuminate the road much more?) xenon are fine.
  3. In Control Touch Pro (380W seems plenty and 825W Excessive?) I had 825 in my Evoque. Would be disappointed with 380.
  4. Head Up display - Is it clear, cause issues / glare with night driving? Don't know.
  5. Smokers Pack (I gave up but if it adds an extra lighter socket i can turn into USB charger and storage space all the better) Don't know.
  6. Cold Climate pack Vs. Climate control front and heated rear seats. (Seems I can have one or the other... but not climate controlled seats with heated S steering wheel?) Don't know.
  7. Cup Holders with covers (Is this literally just a sliding cover for cup holders or is the other option no cup holders at all?)
. They are a must have.

Well that's a start, I might add more later if I think of more.

Note:

Answers above. IMHO.

#7 ·
Sliding Panoramic Roof. I had the non opening pano on my previous car and I think the opening one is good value at an extra £300. I prefer fresh air to air conditioning. Just a personal thing.

LED Headlights Vs Xenons. The xenons are fine rather than excellent. For me what is disappointing is they aren't adaptive and they don't have high beam assist. I think both are expected in a luxury car these days. I miss them. Add to that when you come to sell in 3 or 4 years many more lesser cars will have LED as standard. A bit like all cars now having running lights.

In Control Touch Pro (380W seems plenty and 825W Excessive?). Don't make the mistake of thinking more watts only means more volume. The main difference between the two is the 825W unit has a surround processor. For me this is crucial. It makes a massive difference. Particularly in a car and even more so if you often travel two up (or more) as it allows everyone to enjoy proper stereo imaging. It's very effective. Try it for yourself. For me it's a must.

Head Up display. For me it was too basic to warrant the cost but I know some people who swear by them.

Smokers Pack. No need there's plenty of power and USB sockets as standard.

Cold Climate pack Vs. Climate control front and heated rear seats. Neither. Go for 14 way seats before you select these options. They are awesome.

Cup Holders with covers. Yes you are paying for a sliding cover. You shouldn't have to but it's £55 so do it!

#8 ·
I second JLR5, you NEED 14 way seats, and configurable mood lighting sounds like a gimmick, but for £200 it gives more than just multi colours, it light the gear knob surround, and all the pockets, well worth the money

#9 ·
Thanks for the replies all, I'll take some time later to update and re-format main post into a Pro /Con on each option.

Keep them coming in.

#10 ·
Also seems my reserved posts have disappeared, i put these is as my experience as moderator / contributor on many forums taught me that posts in general have a word count limit and you soon run out.

Can a moderator look at this please

G
#11 ·
Apollya said:
Also seems my reserved posts have disappeared, i put these is as my experience as moderator / contributor on many forums taught me that posts in general have a word count limit and you soon run out.

Hello, I can't see any other posts from you. I guess by reserved you mean draft posts?

#12 ·
rsport_paul said:
Apollya said:

Hello, I can't see any other posts from you. I guess by reserved you mean draft posts?
When i first made the post i replied to it 5 times before any other replies with the words reserved to keep the top 5 posts to use later, they were showing for me originally and i had waited the required time between each post. no biggie though

#13 ·
Updated Initial post.

Need more questions and answers :)

#14 ·
Apollya said:
rsport_paul said:
Apollya said:

When i first made the post i replied to it 5 times before any other replies with the words reserved to keep the top 5 posts to use later, they were showing for me originally and i had waited the required time between each post. no biggie though
If you repeated the word reserved and that's all it may have been deleted thinking it's spam as never seen anyone post reserved to save the posts under a person's last post.

#16 ·
My take.

We've compiled this from owners to give their opinions on the options and condensed all answers to help you make up your mind:

1. Sliding Panoramic Roof - Didn't see the point, never used on the last car I had with climate control and an opening roof. Love the panoramic view that came as standard on the Portfolio.
  2. LED Headlights - Love them.
  3. In Control Touch Pro - As a deaf old bloater the 380W system is fine, though many others prefer the 825W with its surround sound.
  4. Head Up display - I like the ability with ICTP to put the map directly in front of me on the main instrument panel and therefore didn't see the need for the HuD, my wife hates the map on the main instrument panel!
  5. Smokers Pack - I don't have it but in hind sight can see the attraction of another 12V socket.
  6. Cold Climate pack Vs. Climate control front and heated rear seats - Don't have the cold climate pack, but love the 14 way seats.
  7. Cup Holders with covers - Didn't get the Jaguar sliding cover but I had spotted the covers available in the For Sale/ Wanted section of this forum which I think look much nicer and cost less.
  8. Remote back seat leavers - Very useful and for the price I think a good buy.
  9. 360⁰ parking aid - I use it all the time as it gives a very good indication of how close obstacles are to the front and sides when manoeuvring, I didn't get the 360⁰ cameras as I had seen some negative comments about them and recommendations to just get the 360⁰ sensors.

#17 ·
Keyless entry is great, as are the remote rear seat levers in the boot. With my driving position I DON'T have to drop the headrests on the back seats before folding them down and so the remote levers work well.
Full size spare -avoid like the plague as it means you loose the flat floor and reversible carpet mat in the boot, they are both replaced by a hideous bulbous floor the IMHO wrecks the load space.

#133 ·
Full size spare -avoid like the plague as it means you loose the flat floor and reversible carpet mat in the boot, they are both replaced by a hideous bulbous floor the IMHO wrecks the load space.
How easy is this to replace if a used car already has it? Will anyone want to buy it!?
I've seen a car for sale with it, and we certainly want the extra flat boot space instead.

#18 ·
Thanks guys,

2 new questions and several more opinions to add

keep em coming

#19 ·
A couple from my experience so far.

Deployable side steps -completely useless unless you want to clean the roof or add a top box/carrier/bike

Remote start - Fantastic to take the chill off the car and defrost front and rear screens

#20 ·
Carbon fibre mirror covers and inserts - Look superb

Splash guards - Not sure they make much difference.

Rubber mats - Great, especially in this weather

#21 ·
Added a little more info and tidied up a bit.

can we sticky this at the top of the forum please? might get more input.

Also been thinking we should start a Delivery FAQ/Checklist Sticky of what to look out for.

#22 ·
My car is being built next week and I have asked my dealer to give me the opportunity to carry out an inspection prior to registration.

I am aware of the obvious panel alignments etc but a list of less obvious things to look for would be very helpful.

#23 ·
confused said:
My car is being built next week and I have asked my dealer to give me the opportunity to carry out an inspection prior to registration.

I am aware of the obvious panel alignments etc but a list of less obvious things to look for would be very helpful.
Confused, I'll throw a post up and ask for opinions, ideas etc.. My car will be built in March so sadly i can't help, but I'm after exactly the same you are to give me a checklist when it comes to my handover inspection.

#24 ·
According to my dealer the full size spare still allows for flat rear boot space if 18" or 19" wheels ordered, its only the 20" and 22" that cause the floor to be lifted.... and £360 is cheap for a spare wheel and tyre in case one gets mashed

#25 ·
tonythehoolet said:
According to my dealer the full size spare still allows for flat rear boot space if 18" or 19" wheels ordered, its only the 20" and 22" that cause the floor to be lifted.... and £360 is cheap for a spare wheel and tyre in case one gets mashed
Interesting point but I would double check and clarify. My dealer made a point it wasn't flat and we hadn't discussed wheel size then. And yes if it is flat I'd agree it is cheap for a spare, when you include price of the rim itself and decent tyres fitted.

#26 ·
tonythehoolet said:
Edit : This isn't true. Any full wheel takes up boot space, only the space saver gives you a flat boot floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.