Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Jack and Points

19K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  JAGFlubster 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has a picture of the standard jack that comes with car and the head of it.
Other day wanted to take wheel off and realised I didn't have a jack or even a wheel bar brace (went with no spare didn't I - thought I'd still have a jack stupidly)

Looked under car where the "triangle" is at back and didn't look a great point to lift the car - no plates or obvious section - just the base after the lip - that must be it but wondering what the jack was like (flat I'd think) to fit in there and not damage

Pictures be great if you have any. Guess I'll need to buy a set.

#3 ·
Does anyone have the official jack and brace and can you take pictures of it side on and from top so I can see the plate / jack point,

Thanks

#4 ·
Sure.y somebody can take some photos of the jack they received with the car ? Please

Also anyone know a link for a spare and jack set from jag or compatible? I looked and didn't see any in the official accessories.

#6 ·
catwoman said:
Mbadger77 said:
Sure.y somebody can take some photos of the jack they received with the car ? Please
'badger', if no one else steps up, I'll try getting a pic for you tomorrow, okay? . . it's too dark now! :(
Thanks cat :)

#8 ·
This great thanks DWD

I'm looking to get one now and probably a spare wheel as well.

#9 ·
Actually just found the line item.
£382 PLUS the tyre for a spare and I don't know if I get the jack with that

Should have specked it at time of ordering so a valuable lesson to others. Even if you don't want to you can remove it and is worth the money.

#12 ·
Thought I might fire this thread up again rather than start a new one. Having purchased some winter wheels, I thought why not go the whole hog, and buy a proper trolley jack and an impact wrench and do the job myself! However, having just felt around under the car where the manual says the jack points are, I'm finding it quite difficult to locate them. Anyone else had this problem, or successfully negotiated it?

#13 ·
On my car there are embedded arrows (difficult to spot) on the plastic that point towards yellow stickers reasonably close to the wheels. I used those to remove the plastic inserts from three wheels.

#14 ·
Thanks FB - Yes I looked for the arrows as my car has them as well according to my handbook, but couldn't see them, I guess if I actually lie on my back next to the wheel and look up, things might become more obvious!!

#15 ·
Isn't entirely obvious to be fair. Had to have a good look myself as was nervous of mashing the edges.

#16 ·
If u buy the Space saver. It also includes the small tool kit and jack, the Centre wheel screw and the foam insert to hold the tool kit.

#17 ·
So got the wheels today - hadn't really realized how heavy they are (about 30kg each). On balance (based on this and my nervousness about putting the jack in the right place, I'm thinking I'll probably just let the local tyre place change the wheels....... :( Anyone know what that might cost?

#18 ·
My local MOT guy: £15 per tyre, fitted and balanced . . and he's ultra careful with the rims . . it's a no brainer, for £60 why on earth would you put yourself through all the trouble? :?

That's good Yorkshire value for you; London prices will be a little higher though, I'm sure!

#19 ·
Cat - I don't need the tyre fitted or balanced - I've bought the rims with winter tyres fitted and all balanced. The cheapest I can get is £50 just to literally take 4 wheels off and put 4 wheels on - so £100 per annum!!
My 19 year old son (who needless to say still lives at home) has convinced me that together we can do it ourselves! I mean, what harm ever befell someone from listening to an inexperienced and over-exuberant marginally post pubescent boy?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

#20 ·
Ah, my bad . . it wasn't clear to me from your original post that you'd bought tyres on rims. That said, £50 still seems very reasonable to me, I wouldn't dream of doing all four myself, even with the help of an enthusiastic but clueless teenager! Last time I changed a wheel on my own drive, quite a few years ago now, it took me ages and nearly killed me!

Let the guys with the lift and the torque air tools do it . . even if it only takes them 15 minutes it's money very well spent, in my book ;)

#22 ·
Matteus F-Pace said:
Cat - I don't need the tyre fitted or balanced - I've bought the rims with winter tyres fitted and all balanced. The cheapest I can get is £50 just to literally take 4 wheels off and put 4 wheels on - so £100 per annum!!
My 19 year old son (who needless to say still lives at home) has convinced me that together we can do it ourselves! I mean, what harm ever befell someone from listening to an inexperienced and over-exuberant marginally post pubescent boy?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Not sure exactly where you're based, but local tyre company in Redhill charged me £20 to swap winter wheels on/off. They even put the ones removed back in the boot.....

#23 ·
Thanks Corrie - as it happens, I work in Reigate, so Redhill would work well. Is it Watlings by any chance?

#26 ·
corriescar66 said:
Matteus F-Pace said:
Thanks Corrie - as it happens, I work in Reigate, so Redhill would work well. Is it Watlings by any chance?
That's the one.... Haven't used them since March 2016, as haven't got set for F Pace, but worth giving them a call - 01737761750

Currently in Reigate drinking coffee!
Thanks mate - small world eh!! I am also in Reigate drinking coffee, but at my desk, and, unfortunately, working(ish).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.