Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

No internet, no warning for traffic jam?

8K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  chastt 
#1 ·
Question: I am told that sins I don't have the option with internet, my pro navigation system doesn't warn about traffic jam. This means that it doesn't show any alternative route.

Is this really correct? In my other cars I didn't have internet, but it still showed alternativ routes and warned me about accidents and traffic jams.

#2 ·
Hi, what country are you in? As there are variants that do not have mobile data. How they can justifiably produce such a variant when mobile data is the whole crux of things in this day and age is beyond me.
The real time traffic is obtained from a web service, I think it's called 'here' or something like that, but you need mobile data so if you have SIM card slot get one! If you don't then complain to your dealer that the nav is not fit for purpose.

#3 ·
I am in Belgium and I always owned German car brands and on them I don't need internet.

The logic of Jaguar is strange, when making "my homepage" , I can move apps of navi, climate and media, I can't move the PDC that I use allot if it works.

SInce we are sitting on the left side the small pdc button is far away.

#4 ·
So I am no expert having not taken delivery of my car yet. But I have asked the dealer about this and I have read stuff on this forum on a similar theme.

I think(?) that traffic information can come to you in two different ways. The first is via the Internet and that's the fastest, most accurate method. The second is via the radio signal. It's slower and there are more alerts which have already cleared in reality. I would have thought you would definitely have the radio version even if you haven't got the Internet version?

And then I would expect the SatNav to reroute you, on either radio or Internet alert?

Others are better placed to advise you. I am sure they will as soon as they read this thread. Do you have ICT or ICTP?

Arianne

#6 ·
You should still get the TMC traffic notices - not as real time as the network delivered information but sent over the radio frequencies, maybe there is a setting to adjust somewhere?

#7 ·
This is something I've not had a chance to look at properly yet. I've got Data sim active but never received one notification of traffic or a reroute yet.
It's just not working at all. I saw a bit in manual about live traffic for your fav journeys as it builds up info.

Let me go check manual

#9 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Same as you Badger. Not a single traffic update either via TMC or 3G. No idea why I can't get it to work. Given up and added it to the list for the dealer to sort!

All other stuff via 3G working (weather news streetview etc)
Yes just checked manual. Real time traffic flow - (page 218)
Much more accurate than traditional broadcast based and shows green, red and amber traffic flows.

Needs internet connection,

I'll be testing my internet tomorrow as a hot spot then check the map. Says map will show you colour road even if route not selected so a bit like apple or google maps I'm thinking,

#10 ·
Once you have turned the traffic on you also need to pick the map option with the traffic as the view - it's the one that has the little box with lines in it (from memory). Then you get lovely coloured lines everywhere and a list of traffic events at the side to highlight and check on.

#11 ·
jonty1625 said:
Once you have turned the traffic on you also need to pick the map option with the traffic as the view - it's the one that has the little box with lines in it (from memory). Then you get lovely coloured lines everywhere and a list of traffic events at the side to highlight and check on.
Ah! Ok thanks will take a look ...

#12 ·
Think that is so you don't burn through data on your day to day commute kind of thing. Just pick the map with or without live traffic. Hope that fixes it!

#13 ·
jonty1625 said:
OH FFS - failed at the final logical step. I turned live traffic on but have seen the other map views !!
That will be why then

What about rerouting etc as not seen that either, I'd expect it just to pop up like previous navs (jag and non jag)

#14 ·
It does - you get a "there has been an incident" message unless you put on auto reroute in which case it seems to just assume you trust it

#15 ·
Hi,
Ive just had my F-Pace & I'm pretty impressed with it, apart from the blasted Sat Nav! I do a lot of miles around the West Midlands Motorway network so having real-time traffic info is important.
SO, I've created a profile, registered on Here.com, put my SIM in (Jag-supplied Ubigi), select "traffic" on the Nav screen, but all i get is a whirling circle and then "Traffic info not available here"!
Any ideas what else i should be doing?!

#16 ·
I would imagine that you haven't got any internet Gilesbee1, my car keeps changing the roaming data settings, for no apparent reason, and with no notification, and I have to search in the settings for which particular box it has decided to unilaterally un-tick this time round.
First thing to check would be to see if you can get anything up on the web browser, if you can't get bbc or google then you can be sure it's an internet connection problem.
Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.