Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Smitten

Re: Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

Post by Smitten » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Choirman wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:52 pm
sorry for delay in responding but couldn't access my account for some reason.

No, I don't have privacy glass installed and Yes, it was in the dark -- but streetlights around. Not sure why noone else has this issue as the gap I have is c 4 inches between back of rear seat and start of rear shelf. My rear seats do not recline.

Any other suggestions from anyone?
Well nothing is perfect and if you let it, it is going to drive you crazy...

The gap is for the rear seats to recline into and you can't really notice it from outside with privacy glass. Appreciate it can be seen without privacy glass and you don't have the recline option. Don't know how popular rear seat recline is as an option but clearly every F Pace is designed to accommodate this rather than there being two versions of the parcel shelf fixed in different locations. This is certainly a manufacturing cost issue and perhaps there should have been two parcel shelf options in a perfect world.

Of course, having the rear seat recline is a double edged sword as well. It then poses another problem - is the gap the same size on each side or has one passenger reclined their seat more than another? The seat also reclines two thirds/one third as that is how the seat is split. This can also irritate if you let it. I must admit I have adjusted the seats to the same level of recline on more than one occasion :lol:

I used to use a piece of black pond liner to cover expensive items on view in my previous Audi though a small gap at the back of the parcel shelf, maybe that would work?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Re: Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

Post by June16 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:10 pm

£750 for the FPace .all windows.

Pentagon Supaglass.

https://www.tintyourglass.co.uk/supaglass.html

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”