Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Mbadger77

Re: Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:46 pm

Gap on mine doesn't bother me at all really no would be happy to put stuff in boot.
There is privacy glass as well so it's not easy to see and what can you see in the gap? - the IPad Pro Boxes and diamond encrusted bands :)
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Arianne wrote:As for reclining rear seats in my upcoming Jaguar F-Pace, this man is certainly one for U-turns. £155! Would spend that across a weekend and not even think about it. First class ticket on East Coast to KingsX will set you back that amount. So I will actually specify it, if only because it's a cheap option and I collect them.

Security risk? You must be joking. Comfort? Doubt it. Talking point? Yep. "What does this button do down here that looks like it was salvaged from my 1996 Ford Mondeo?" That's worth £155 as is the kudos come resale time.
Now let me see if I just look back a few topics ago ...

"Okay, that's another option ticked on the configurator! 14 way memory pack sports seats to be absolutely sure that we are getting the best seat comfort available. I am now at a fraction over £57k and that really must be that! JLR5, it better be worth the extra cash otherwise I will track you down and find you. Regards. Arianne."

... and I bet he ain't done yet :-)
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:29 pm

:idea: :roll:

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

garyxf

Post by garyxf » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:16 am

Its a great space for battery charger cables should you wish to see the charger on the parcel shelf and keep the rear door closed.

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:17 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:So I just put a few things in the boot (bright colours) and tried to see them with the seats in upright position (my only option as mine don't recline). Completely impossible. There isn't an angle that allows you to see into the boot. I do have the privacy glass so perhaps those who have security issues don't have this but I even tried lifting the rear tailgate and it's still impossible to see anything. In fact even if you climb into the rear seat you have to be a contortionist to see anything.

So my honest opinion is you are all talking rubbish! ;-)
Hear hear! I've never read such rubbish about something so unimportant. The reclining rear seats is just a gimmick which might, if you're that way inclined, impress friends - otherwise a complete waste of money. Spend this option on a really decent meal out.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:09 pm

I must admit, I'd rather have had a parcel shelf that fit the space, the gap is annoying, umbrellas seem to find it to easily!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

DPE

Post by DPE » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:09 pm

You would think that the design would have a 'short gap filler' section that slides under the main shelf if reclined or left extended if not used ?
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Ruski

Post by Ruski » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:41 pm

Never mind the gap between the rear seats and the parcel shelf, has anyone noticed the nearly 4" gap between the parcel shelf and the boot door? Regardless of tinted windows, shine a torch at night and anything at the rear of the boot is visible.

I think the issue is more about the quality of the parcel shelf, haven't had anything like that since I bought my wife a Corsa 10 years ago when she passed her test. I know everyone has complained about the quality of the lower door pockets but they don't bother me, the one thing I picked up on when I first viewed the car was the quality of the dreadful parcel shelf......but not enough to put me off this beauty!
Driving:- 3.0S Supercharged, Ebony Black, 22" Black Double Helix, Opening Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, LED,s, Incontrol Pro 380w, Jet Jet, Conf Mood Lighting, AdSR, Practicality Pack, 5 Year Plan, Side Net

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:44 pm

Let's be honest, Jag do nice finishes on interior but truly practical is usually won by the French.... Hate saying this but Renault and Citroen do put some thought into their interiors.

Jaguar should buy a couple, see the clever ideas and then make them with leather finish....

I'm going to get flak for this post...
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Ruski

Post by Ruski » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:49 pm

RaVolVoR wrote:Let's be honest, Jag do nice finishes on interior but truly practical is usually won by the French.... Hate saying this but Renault and Citroen do put some thought into their interiors.

Jaguar should buy a couple, see the clever ideas and then make them with leather finish....

I'm going to get flak for this post...
No flak from me but I would personally give that compliment to the Japs, the rear seat quick release levers were originally by Mazda, I think they even gave it a special name at the time.
Driving:- 3.0S Supercharged, Ebony Black, 22" Black Double Helix, Opening Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, LED,s, Incontrol Pro 380w, Jet Jet, Conf Mood Lighting, AdSR, Practicality Pack, 5 Year Plan, Side Net

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”