Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Arianne

Re: Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

Post by Arianne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:06 pm

^ I know and I really swithered with this choice. I would like to know what others think as £155 isn't much if folk think it's worth it. And if they do, why?

Sorry to push it people, but if you're up for a second round of comments and posts then that would be great.

Thank you.

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

David

Post by David » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Another problem with the gap is if you put anything on the parcel shelf it tends to end up in the boot ie jacket etc :x :x
Rejected F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, Italian Racing Red. Replaced with Caesium Blue, privacy glass, winter pack, memory pack and other bits and pieces.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:17 pm

If I had noticed this pathetic design cop-out on the demonstrators I would've gone for it just to leave the seats reclined to remove the sodin gap. :twisted:

Even a different shaped parcel shelf won't solve the problem as the gap extends wider...

As mine is being built this week, too late for me, but I would change if I could....

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:37 am

Arianne wrote:^ I know and I really swithered with this choice. I would like to know what others think as £155 isn't much if folk think it's worth it. And if they do, why?

Sorry to push it people, but if you're up for a second round of comments and posts then that would be great.

Thank you.

Arianne
I would say it really depends on your usage, if you a person who leave valuable items in there boot on a regular occasion then the answer would be yes get the reclining seats, as images show you can see into the back of the boot.

If you do not keep anything valuable in the boot then is it a problem, this is only something you could decide.

As for the recline seats, we only ever put them in this position if we leave something in the boot otherwise my too older teenage lads feel car sick laying back while driving along so its normally upright.

Came with the 1st Edition as a standard option but I think for 155 pounds it not only makes the rear look better but acts as a option to leave things in the boot.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:23 am

Seems like a sure-fire way of getting targeted by the cleverer car thieves out there . . "look, here's one with the seats reclined, must be something worth nicking in this one!" :?
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:27 am

So I just put a few things in the boot (bright colours) and tried to see them with the seats in upright position (my only option as mine don't recline). Completely impossible. There isn't an angle that allows you to see into the boot. I do have the privacy glass so perhaps those who have security issues don't have this but I even tried lifting the rear tailgate and it's still impossible to see anything. In fact even if you climb into the rear seat you have to be a contortionist to see anything.

So my honest opinion is you are all talking rubbish! ;-)
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:36 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:So I just put a few things in the boot (bright colours) and tried to see them with the seats in upright position (my only option as mine don't recline). Completely impossible. There isn't an angle that allows you to see into the boot. I do have the privacy glass so perhaps those who have security issues don't have this but I even tried lifting the rear tailgate and it's still impossible to see anything. In fact even if you climb into the rear seat you have to be a contortionist to see anything.

So my honest opinion is you are all talking rubbish! ;-)
Try looking in with your window down, this would be the same in some way that people without tinted windows would have.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:08 pm

So like young people, Jaguar seem to be getting quite a lot of bad press these days :) Well, they actually are getting fab reviews from the media generally but not on here. So let's redress the balance a bit...

Went out this morning to my Volvo XC60 and noticed that, despite there being absolutely no reclining rear seat option on any model in the range anywhere in the world (believe me, if there was, I would know about it from the crazy gang on the Volvo Owners Forum), there is a gap between the rear of the seats and the tonneau cover holder.

There you go, never noticed that before!

As for reclining rear seats in my upcoming Jaguar F-Pace, this man is certainly one for U-turns. £155! Would spend that across a weekend and not even think about it. First class ticket on East Coast to KingsX will set you back that amount. So I will actually specify it, if only because it's a cheap option and I collect them - it's my religion! Whereas Carl is more devout than me - he collects all options, even the most expensive ones!

Security risk? You must be joking. Comfort? Doubt it. Talking point? Yep. "What does this button do down here that looks like it was salvaged from my 1996 Ford Mondeo?" That's worth £155 as is the kudos come resale time.

Have a nice Sunday folks. Just off to switch out the new for old tumble dryer in the garage which will instantly renew my hero status with Mrs A.

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

DIW

Post by DIW » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Let's hope it doesn't fry your first load of smalls.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:53 pm

This is getting surreal :ugeek:
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”