Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Arianne

Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

Post by Arianne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:27 am

Hi folks,

Can anyone take a quick photo of the point where the rear seats and parcel shelf meet and upload it onto this thread?

I read from the LED/Xenon headlamp thread that some of you wish you had opted for the reclining rear seats because you believe this would negate a gap that otherwise exists. Didn't want to hijack that thread so if anyone can help here that would e fab!

Thanks

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Beninspain

Re: Gap between rear seats & parcel shelf

Post by Beninspain » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:01 am

Yup, the gap is certainly for that. Would have picked it if it wasn't for the 1998 ford buttons out of the parts bin.
TDV6 R-sport ammonite. Jet/Light Oyster. Satin Grey Figured Ebony 20" blade black. Privacy glass. Panoramic slide roof. Black pack. ICTP 380w. Memory heated seats. Keyless. Config dynamics. ICS. Full size spare. Rear camera. Premium Mats. Cup cover

jonnyvtec

Post by jonnyvtec » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:21 am

The gap might well exist with reclining seats anyway, if you have them upright for max boot space.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:40 am

To jonny's point above I found the reclined position for the rear seats to feel unnatural so decided against them. In any case the gap really isn't noticeable unless you go looking for it.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:44 am

Just looked at mine that has the recline seats fitted, when the seats are fully upright there is a reasonable size gap but when the seats are relined the gap is next to nothing.

That said my two older teenage sons say they do not like the reclined position as it makes them feel car sick so its never reclined, I guess everyone will be different I guess.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:37 pm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is the only angle you can see it from if you have privacy glass. Doesn't bother me at all.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

J48

Post by J48 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi I have raised this issue with my dealer as a security problem, because people can see what you have in your boot, unless the seats are in recline which is not an option with child seats. My dealer has raised this with jag and agrees with me that there should be a parcel shelf extension.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:37 pm

J48 wrote:Hi I have raised this issue with my dealer as a security problem, because people can see what you have in your boot, unless the seats are in recline which is not an option with child seats. My dealer has raised this with jag and agrees with me that there should be a parcel shelf extension.
It would have to be some sort of flap that folds up and down as you recline the seats.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:06 pm

JLR5, thank you again!

Okay, the gap won't be noticeable because of my privacy glass. But I had hoped that noise from stuff in the boot might have been reduced because of a good seal between the parcel shelf and the rear seats. Doesn't look like it.

The feedback on the reclining seats is informative too. Thank you people. The dealer had one with reclining seats and I thought that the amount of adjustment felt too small to make it worth taking the option. The buttons are from a Ford Mondeo too! 1990 model! But I never thought to check for gaps between the seats and parcel shelf as I believed that cars without this option would simply have a flush, close fitting. Clearly not from JKRs photos.

I think I will keep the specification unchanged. You have helped me today folks.

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

G T

Post by G T » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Arianne wrote:Hi folks,

Can anyone take a quick photo of the point where the rear seats and parcel shelf meet and upload it onto this thread?

I read from the LED/Xenon headlamp thread that some of you wish you had opted for the reclining rear seats because you believe this would negate a gap that otherwise exists. Didn't want to hijack that thread so if anyone can help here that would e fab!

Thanks

Arianne
Personally I'm glad I asked the question on the other thread now. Because I hadn't seen the reclining seats in any demo I was unsure how it all fell into place so to speak. I assumed the parcel shelf would be slightly different to normal to accomodate if the seats were in recline or not. Never would have guessed there would be a gap. For £155 I'm going to add it to my order I think & leave the rear seats in permanent recline when car not in use just to hide the gap. Rear seat passengers can then put them back to normal position as & when. Does seem a crap design. Explains why it's just £155 Not much thought gone into it!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”