Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Subwoofer location

40K views 97 replies 16 participants last post by  Jagfpacejk 
#1 ·
Got the meridian 825 watt system with 17 speakers but I can not find where the subwoofer is located on the car, anyone know it's exact location as I don't think my new first edition subwoofer is working?

#3 ·
I have seen this image before and when I looked and there is a small vent so it would be behind the boot side trim panel if it's where the images claim.

Can anyone confirm this?

#4 ·
Been to the location where the vent hole is and nothing is coming out, can anyone who has the 825 watt system please put down the rear seats behind the passenger seat, your see a vent, please see if you have any sound coming out.

Thank you.

#7 ·
Shaunyt said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Got the meridian 825 watt system with 17 speakers but I can not find where the subwoofer is located on the car, anyone know it's exact location as I don't think my new first edition subwoofer is working?
The Sub is in the boot just to the front left under the false floor not quite as per the diagram in the merridian article in the link below

https://www.meridian-audio.com/automotive/jaguar/f-pace/
Have not got any sub under the false floor so are you sure it's there as all I have is the spare wheel.?

#8 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Shaunyt said:
Jagfpacejk said:
The Sub is in the boot just to the front left under the false floor not quite as per the diagram in the merridian article in the link below

https://www.meridian-audio.com/automotive/jaguar/f-pace/
Have not got any sub under the false floor so are you sure it's there as all I have is the spare wheel.?
Yes it is mine is under the floor, if i could load pics on here i would post a picture, anyone else who has the 825w system can they lift the flase floor up and take a pic and post it please

#12 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Would love to see this as I have just checked and even taken out the spare wheel and all I have is a battery?
You definitely have the 825W surround package right?!

You have the option for Meridian Trifield Surround?
Yes as said before I have the extra speakers, I have the extra words and it's a first edition which came with the 825 system as standard.

#13 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Would love to see this as I have just checked and even taken out the spare wheel and all I have is a battery?
You definitely have the 825W surround package right?!

You have the option for Meridian Trifield Surround?
In settings I have stereo, meridian, Dolby and DTS

#16 ·
Yes it is mine is under the floor, if i could load pics on here i would post a picture, anyone else who has the 825w system can they lift the flase floor up and take a pic and post it please[/quote]

Can someone get a picture of this (assuming they have it) as I have just taken a look under my floor and cannot see anything either!

#17 ·
AndyS said:
Yes it is mine is under the floor, if i could load pics on here i would post a picture, anyone else who has the 825w system can they lift the flase floor up and take a pic and post it please
Can someone get a picture of this (assuming they have it) as I have just taken a look under my floor and cannot see anything either![/quote]

You won't find it as it was not there, it's in the passenger side panel of the boot, there is a small vent hole, if you fold down the rear seats behind the front passenger your see a small black vent grill on the side panel, the subwoofer is behind this panel, no idea how you get to it mind.

#21 ·
Shaunyt said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Shaunyt said:
Why can't you load pics?
Its a works lap top and very glitchy think its same technology as the ICTP
Phone?

#22 ·
Not wanting to sound cynical here but why would Jaguar offer two different positions for the subwoofer in the F-Pace?

#24 ·
they will likely be different units for the 380w and the 825w which has all the extra gubbins with it. mine is a 380w and I have the grill behind the near side rear seat. I cannot get to 'under the boot floor' at the base of the rear seats as there is a foam insert that holds the jack and stuff.

#25 ·
Pos.k said:
they will likely be different units for the 380w and the 825w which has all the extra gubbins with it. mine is a 380w and I have the grill behind the near side rear seat. I cannot get to 'under the boot floor' at the base of the rear seats as there is a foam insert that holds the jack and stuff.
I don't buy that at all, Jaguar commissioned Meridian to design their premier audio systems and as you can see in the diagrams below which is from the Meridian website the subwoofer is in one place and one place only for both systems, not under the boot floor and there is also no mention of a different location for the First Edition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.