New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Post Reply
Neilo
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:50 pm

New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by Neilo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Hello all
I ordered an Fpace HSE D200 mid May for delivery September 1st. Just been told the delivery date has been put back 6 weeks, meanwhile my 2017 (67) FPace 2.0 d portfolio has appreciated in value!
Do I re-negotiate trade in price or take it on the chin?
Neil

chris
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by chris » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 pm

Who told you price has gone up, We Buy any Car tell me mine has gone up at least once a fortnight? The Dealers however just want to give rock bottom price and try and convince you they are giving you a great deal.
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

Neilo
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:50 pm

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by Neilo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:41 pm

We buy any car have valued it at £2k higher than in May, the dealer even acknowledged that the used car market had moved up. I don’t want to delay delivery any further! Big investment, massive excitement 😄

zarakoff
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:16 am

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by zarakoff » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:51 pm

There be no need to cancel order and start again sell it to WBAC if they give you more
Try Motorway or evanshallshaw
The later offered me more on my m4 by £2000 over WBAC but if it’s not as described they will knock the price down . What I’ve done before is advertise my car if it sells it sells if not you have the dealer there with there offer .
November 2020 wbac offered me £38000 for my 2018 m4 convertible
July 2021 they offer £40300 Evans hallshaw £42000
It would sell on the forecourt for £50000 only a few £1000 less than I paid 3 years ago
Prices have gone mad but if your buying second hand so as what your buying
F pace SVR blue gone
Incoming lister stealth in sorrendo yellow

PMP
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:42 pm

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by PMP » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Zarakoff how have you found the move from M4 to SVR? I’ve just put my M4 comp up for sale and very close to ordering an SVR - would be good to hear from someone that’s made the move already 👍🏻

Deltasierra
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Warwick UK

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by Deltasierra » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:27 am

You probably still have the option of selling your MY17 car elsewhere if you think you can get more, that’s the risk you take. Most cars dealers take a P/X go to auction as do cars that WBAC take, only a few selected cars are retailed by the dealer. When WBAC inspect a car they make a lot of deductions for faults, despite that I’ve let them have 2 and it has been fair.

All new cars are delayed because of electronic component shortages, so good S/H cars are in more demand.
IPace SVR performance without the noise
Gone FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter
XKR Convertible
E type 4.2 restored it from a wreck, noisy, smelly, uncomfortable —- and wonderful, reliable too!.

zarakoff
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:16 am

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by zarakoff » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:52 am

PMP wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:07 pm
Zarakoff how have you found the move from M4 to SVR? I’ve just put my M4 comp up for sale and very close to ordering an SVR - would be good to hear from someone that’s made the move already 👍🏻
I suppose I’m lucky to have both . I had the blue svr with the yellow m4
The m4 really is for summer and nice days as it’s a convertible the svr for towing and family run outs etc I loved them both .
The m4 gets lots of attention the blue svr got hardly any (I think that will change when my new one arrives )
The svr is in a different league tho off the line the engine sound is much better I was going swap the m4 for a McLaren and keep the old svr that never panned out so I’m keeping the m4 and I ordered the lister stealth instead (in yellow ) that should be here soon .
If I had a choice of one tho then the svr it would be . Especially the new 21 model
F pace SVR blue gone
Incoming lister stealth in sorrendo yellow

Mpac1
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:17 am

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by Mpac1 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:24 am

I work for a large Ford dealership as the Sales Manager and we value cars using CAP live (current auction prices), the value of cars has rocketed over the last few months due to stock shortages because of the global semi conductor issue. I have an F-Pace on order and let my current car go in June as the value has risen by £5,000 since March.

There are signs that the bubble will burst in October/November and values will plateau before dropping sharply (although no one really knows!).

You should absolutely renegotiate your agreed part exchange price and if the vehicle is retail worthy, consider handing it in early to maximise the value, depending on when the new vehicle will be ready.

Hope that helps!

PMP
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:42 pm

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by PMP » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:26 pm

zarakoff wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:52 am
The svr is in a different league tho off the line the engine sound is much better I was going swap the m4 for a McLaren and keep the old svr that never panned out so I’m keeping the m4 and I ordered the lister stealth instead (in yellow ) that should be here soon .
If I had a choice of one tho then the svr it would be . Especially the new 21 model
Awesome, great to hear! You clearly like loud colours as well as loud cars!

Look forward to seeing some pictures once lister have worked their magic.

Enjoy!

jagman2017
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Re: New build delay. Re-negotiate or not?

Post by jagman2017 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:42 pm

Just bought a new car and I got a 3k price increase on original trade in price
Tell your dealership you have been offerd more and do check we buy any car price as they have been goon lately
Gone 2.0 R Sport
Replacement 2021 ultra blue SVR opening sun roof
22s ivory and white sport seats tracker and loads of other toys.

Post Reply