Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Spotify and other apps

11K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  lnorange 
#1 ·
I thought I'd seen somewhere that you can connect Spotify to pivi pro, but can't work it out on my 21 F-Pace.
Dealer said you can't without using airplay, but you can sign into the app within Incontrol, so I'm confused.
Anyone worked it out?

#5 ·
You can just use it through Apple car play if the apps on your phone then it will show on the system in the car . Or is there a way of using Spotify without using Apple car play ?

#6 ·
Yes with online data pack you can use Spotify without your phone. Ive connected the accounts but now the car wont sign into the incontrol account.. stating I need to add the car to it.. but it is added.. and working.. grrr

#7 ·
I believe the theory here is that you sign in to your incontrol account online and that is where you can add connected apps (Spotify, Deezer & Ringo). Then you log in to incontrol in the car through your profile and it should appear.

I say theory because I can't log in through the car but have managed to add them through the website

#11 ·
Zaccy said:
Yes with online data pack you can use Spotify without your phone. Ive connected the accounts but now the car wont sign into the incontrol account.. stating I need to add the car to it.. but it is added.. and working.. grrr
How do you do this?
I've paid for the inbuilt WiFi connection so assume this means I should be able to do it, but how?
How do you sign into the InControl app on pivi pro?

#12 ·
When you create a profile in pivipro it asks you for the incontrol account. If it didnt, click the profile icon in the top right and it will say sign in. Hopefully it works for you as this is where a few us hit an error.

#15 ·
There are various threads across the F-Pace, Evoque and Velar forums concerning the InControl Account sign in issue on 2021MY vehicles. One Velar member has had a fix applied by a dealer that appears to resolve the issue, but it has not been packaged into a SOTA update yet and thus can only be done by a dealer. As far as I have been able to ascertain the latest SOTA update was 01/03 with the undernoted App versions and I assume it is the Connected Account version that needs an update.

APP Update 13/02/2021:
Connected Account V1.1.22
Software Updates V1.9.7
Park and Pay V7.8.5
Weather V2.5.0

On the subject of Spotify it would appear from other threads on the forums that JLR have dropped Spotify from their supported Apps and thus it can only be used via Android Auto or Carplay but if you have signed into your Incontrol account on the Web and Spotify has been added to your account , once you can link Pivi Pro to your InControl Account it is worth checking Connected Apps to see if it is available.

#17 ·
Do we know if this software update is available now for the fpace ok? Mine won't want to login either and am disappointed that I only collected the car yesterday and it didn't have the full set of updates done before collection by the dealer

#18 ·
I think its a relatively new issue effecting MY21. Ive seen 1 report of a dealer fix via software. It will take time for them to package this into a SOTA update... if that even is the problem. Out of interest.. does your online data pack subscription show an expiry date on your incontrol account? My other subs have one and I think this did but now its gone.

#21 ·
I'm configuring the new F-Pace and I have a question...

Is a practical Wi-Fi connection?
What can I use it for? Only for Spotify and Wifi in the car or can I stop and watch a movie or surf the internet on the main display?
Is this feature needed for the Jaguar Remote App?

#22 ·
I know from a problem I had with ICTP on my 2018 3.0d S that the service guys don't have admin access to the ICTP system, but the Sales guys do.
I had an issue with logging in and the salesperson solved most of it by deleting my account and then recreated a new one.
Maybe the same applies to PiviPro?
Suggest you contact your salesperson to see if they can help....
HTH, Tim

#23 ·
Just got the car back from the dealer after 2 days. All sorted! Effectively a software rebuild and update, there was also a service job done which was raised 2 days ago by Jag, again software related.

First thing I did was boot up the cars spotify app and it runs off the car data.. perfect.

#24 ·
Baker said:
I'm configuring the new F-Pace and I have a question...

Is a practical Wi-Fi connection?
What can I use it for? Only for Spotify and Wifi in the car or can I stop and watch a movie or surf the internet on the main display?
Is this feature needed for the Jaguar Remote App?
On most, if not all, models with Pivi Pro you get a 1 year subscription to the Online Pack with Data Plan, which is an embedded O2 Sim card that facilitates Map & Software updates, live traffic and connected Live Apps ie Deezer, Spotify (?), Tunein, Ringo

The optional extra is Wi-Fi enabled with Data plan that provides a Hotspot

"Wi-Fi Hotspot delivers a powerful 4G Wi-Fi hotspot in your Jaguar, enabling your passengers to connect up to 8 devices to the internet.

The reliability of the internet connection is increased by connecting to the local 4G network through the vehicle's powerful external antenna, in comparison to connecting via a smartphone."

#25 ·
I have had my new 2021 F-Pace for 4 weeks now and can't sign into incontrol on Pivi Pro. I can sign in on the app and on my Pc. Emailed the garage a week ago but no reply, also emailed customer services a week ago and no reply. Also when I picked up my new car the mats where missing and it took over 3 weeks to have them delivered. Last week went to put fuel in and the fuel cover slid off in my hand! Also just to add to the above list after a week of picking the car up the back passanger light was hanging down by the wire, I had to click it back in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.