All Season Tyres

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
NooNoo

All Season Tyres

Post by NooNoo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:37 pm

Guys & Girls, I will soon need a couple of new tyres for the front of my 30.d s and currently have the pirelli p zero summers all round which came on the 22" wheels, I want to change to the scorpian verde all season, but the rears still have a good 6mm left but the fronts are down to around 3mm or less especially on the out side edge so want to get ready for the rainy winter months , the car is AWD but think I am right in saying it is rear wheel biased, so my question is will it be a good move to change the current rears to the front and fit the new verde all season to the rear, will this give me the best result in the winter months? I only plan to keep the car until June next year which is when the warrenty runs out so don't want to spend on 4 new tyres if two currently have a good few miles left in them, any advice appreciated
Thanks

chris

Re: All Season Tyres

Post by chris » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:25 pm

That is what I would do. It is not like you are swopping summers for winters, just an intermediate swop.
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

bullidium

Post by bullidium » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:27 pm

I'm by no means an expert or have mechanical expertise, but my gut feel would be that having your steering shoes (which can have up to 50% of the drive in bad traction scenarios) as the all seasons would be better. My base for this is that not only do you want grip at the front when going around corners and for assisting the rears if they lose traction, but also when braking which is typically front biased.

Again this is just a gut feel, but I'm sure the far more experienced folks on this forum will be able to reveal light on either way.
F Pace 300 Sport 3.0l Diesel Yulong White MY2020
Options: Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, Heated and Cooled front seats, Rear seat remote release levers, Electrically reclining rear seats

NooNoo

Post by NooNoo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 am

Thanks for all your advice, maybe stick the all seasons on the front then, good point re steering

chris

Post by chris » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:57 pm

I was always led to believe the good tyres should go on the rear. Just googled it and seems to confirms what I thought.
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

bullidium

Post by bullidium » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Yes after reading up some more about it last night from curiosity I'd agree with you Chris. (As I caveated before putting them on the front was a gut feel of the vehicle characteristics) An interesting article that I read about it: https://kumhotyre.co.uk/kumho-news/shou ... t-or-rear/.
F Pace 300 Sport 3.0l Diesel Yulong White MY2020
Options: Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, Heated and Cooled front seats, Rear seat remote release levers, Electrically reclining rear seats

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:42 pm

bullidium wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:27 pm
I'm by no means an expert or have mechanical expertise, but my gut feel would be that having your steering shoes (which can have up to 50% of the drive in bad traction scenarios) as the all seasons would be better. My base for this is that not only do you want grip at the front when going around corners and for assisting the rears if they lose traction, but also when braking which is typically front biased.

Again this is just a gut feel, but I'm sure the far more experienced folks on this forum will be able to reveal light on either way.
My preference also would Be to fit the all seasons to the front, as for me, I feel it’s more important in every day driving To have better stopping capability in those situations where braking performance relies on maximum contact ie; removal of the most water etc, if your driving fast enough to loose grip to the rear then your not driving to the conditions in my opinion.
2020 Eiger gray SVR, with a few options, oh and yeah, an awesome soundtrack :D

DAL

Post by DAL » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:09 am

I’ve just had 4 new SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON 265/40R22 106Y put on as will now be towing a caravan. Only done a few hundred miles and no heavy wet weather yet but they seem very sticky so far :D with the 22’s I can’t say I notice much more road noise to be honest.
Born 29th Apr 2016: FPACE S 3L Super Charged, Glacier White, Black Pack, 22" wheels, ASR, Pan roof, Priv Glass, LED's, Prac pack, InTouch C-Pro, Mood Lights, 14 Way sports seats + mem pack, red/black leather, Heated S Steering wheel, HUD