Re: Service algorithm

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Smitten

Re: Re: Service algorithm

Post by Smitten » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:13 am

Makes sense although I have noticed stop start has stopped working on both of our cars which would suggest batteries aren't fully charged. Trying to use them alternately to keep things operational.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue May 12, 2020 2:18 pm

A quick update. My local dealer has partially re opened. Service is booked for later this week. I had to confirm no passengers with Covid19 had been in the car (not sure I can guarantee that with no testing available mind). Car will be santised before and after the service. Welcome to the new normal. I was impressed they managed to fit me in so quickly to be honest and just pleased to get it done.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Smitten wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:18 pm
Car will be santised before and after the service.

Good to hear you're getting your car serviced, but makes me wonder, what exactly does the phrase "sanitised" actually mean in practice . . :?
. . visions of the interior sprayed with Milton fluid, or will it be the steering wheel just given a quick wipe over with a damp cloth? . . . :shock:
. . since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite Grey w Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed May 13, 2020 6:31 pm

I found myself wondering what was actually involved and if there would actually be any paint left on the outside afterwards! Visions of steam and dipping in bleach came to mind! We shall see. The process for handing over the car is also different but sensible. There will be a table outside, unmanned. There will be a form to complete with details and envelope for the keys. I then retreat. They will then open doors and retrieve. For collection the process is reversed and both drop off and collection are strictly by appointment only. Quite a lot of businesses I have been working with since March have similar processes to protect staff and customers but let's hope its soap and water rather than bleach for sanitising!