Global opening query help please

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
spiderrog46

Global opening query help please

Post by spiderrog46 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:04 am

ASK A SILLY QUESTION TIME perhaps but I am stumped.

I have an MY19 model F Pace petrol 2 litre and thoroughly enjoying it. I always leave my Jaguar by pressing the sensor on the door handle which locks the vehicle and on returning to the car provided the key is in my pocket I just open the drivers door, all OK. My problem is this only unlocks the drivers door and on occasions when she is with me I have to leave the missus standing out in the rain whilst I get in sort myself out and press the lock/unlock button on the interior door panel.

I am sure there must be a simple solution to this. The vehicle settings allow me to switch on or off the global window opening and the book is not much help either.

Perhaps this is "ask a silly question" time but I am blowed if I can see any obvious way of changing the setting.

Meanwhile she is still standing in the rain and getting quite wet now...!!
Roger

jeffreywoodham

Re: Global opening query help please

Post by jeffreywoodham » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:10 pm

There should be a section called “single-point entry“ in the handbook.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:12 pm

To unlock the vehicle and disarm the alarm system, press the smart key's unlock button. The vehicle unlocks in one of two ways:

Single-point entry: Unlocks the driver's door only. A second press is required to unlock the remaining doors and the tailgate.
Multi-point entry: Unlocks all of the doors and the tailgate on the first press.
To change from single- to multi-point entry, or vice versa, press the smart key's lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The hazard warning lights flash twice to confirm the change.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

spiderrog46

Post by spiderrog46 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Eureka got it sorted thanks...
Thank you for the prompt help. I knew it was simply answered and as it proved. Who would have thought to look under "single & multi-point entry" in the handbook, but yes as you point out it is there just not that obvious to us customers who don't always have the time to inwardly digest a 400 page manual. Oh and the missus is very grateful bye the way

Cheers guys - Roger

Craigann B

Post by Craigann B » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Simple remedy is to give your wife the second key fob to have in her handbag.
It will let her open the passengers door if you have set up single entry.
MY17. F-Pace 3.0d S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

DPE

Post by DPE » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:21 pm

It is all in the menu. Just sit in the car and keep warm. Then scroll through the menu and options,
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:40 am

I had 4 months waiting for delivery which gave me plenty of time to read my online handbook - surrogate car!

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/documen ... c/G1803698
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”