Forged signature on sales order form

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
June16

Re: Forged signature on sales order form

Post by June16 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 am

jukesy01 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 am
I’ve had an ongoing issue since I first had the car in August with an open complaint since then, customer service has been shocking taking weeks or months to get any kind of reply from them.

I was provided with a pdf of what I what I thought I was buying (latest model) and I actually received the older model even though I provided evidence of what the sales rep had told me they weren’t willing to accept my rejection as I had signed the order form, so they sent a copy of that and it turns out I never signed it in the first place as it was forged by the dealership (looks nothing like my signature and the date it was signed I was working in another part of the country which my work will testify too)

If just astounded they would do such a thing, ceo’s Office say it’s a matter for the dealership as it’s the sales process but it can’t be good for JLR for people to carry out this practice.
Is this a case of where you thought you were getting an MY18 vehicle , but ended up with an in stock MY17 vehicle?

This is not the first time I've seen this with distance selling of "in stock vehicles"
A good result over here for the same thing if it was this.

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/view ... +stock+car
Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, bliss, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc
MY17 DS HSE 180 quarterly oil change :oops:
My16.5 DS b pillar tick - rejected :oops:
My16 DS Tracker Cut main loom = rejected :oops:

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:39 pm

This is a dealer issue, you thought you were getting a factory built MY 18 car and they (allegedly) supplied a MY 17 car from stock. I would be really pi$$ed if they did that to me, was the spec delivered different to that you thought you ordered, finding a stock car to any exact spec would be difficult.

First confirm exactly when the the car was built and if it was MY 17
This is on record if the dealer won't supply it Jaguar will have to, with a court order if needed.
Decide how much compensation you're due, tell the dealer you are taking him to court unless he pays up.
If not issue proceedings.

Faced with evidence of MY 17 and a false signature they won't bother to turn up, they pulled a fast one and judges will have no sympathy. If it turns out to be MY 18 the false signature won't be enough, write it down to experience

My 3.0D was a dealer stock car bought in August I am pretty sure it is MY 18 it was built mid June and the electrical system changed in May and no doubt there are other changes.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

jukesy01

Post by jukesy01 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:02 pm

June16 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 am
jukesy01 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 am
I’ve had an ongoing issue since I first had the car in August with an open complaint since then, customer service has been shocking taking weeks or months to get any kind of reply from them.

I was provided with a pdf of what I what I thought I was buying (latest model) and I actually received the older model even though I provided evidence of what the sales rep had told me they weren’t willing to accept my rejection as I had signed the order form, so they sent a copy of that and it turns out I never signed it in the first place as it was forged by the dealership (looks nothing like my signature and the date it was signed I was working in another part of the country which my work will testify too)

If just astounded they would do such a thing, ceo’s Office say it’s a matter for the dealership as it’s the sales process but it can’t be good for JLR for people to carry out this practice.
Is this a case of where you thought you were getting an MY18 vehicle , but ended up with an in stock MY17 vehicle?

This is not the first time I've seen this with distance selling of "in stock vehicles"
A good result over here for the same thing if it was this.

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/view ... +stock+car
Thanks, that’s really helpful.

Does anyone know if there was a difference between base prices on the fpace models between the different my builds?

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Put you vin number into topix click the print information button and it will tell you the model year.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 pm

The Disco Sport guy spotted the scam before he paid over the cash and could prove his case, you are 6 months down the road if it is a MY 17 car you have a case, if not forget it and move on.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:37 am

jukesy01 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am
I read online that if a signature has been forged then it renders the contract void?

And of course potentially a police matter and forging is illegal?
Sorry for brining this one back up and maybe cos i used to be a cop. All well and good about the concerns about the motor however you have said at the start about this being a forged document. If this has been done without your authority then the cops need to be called. By this process i dont think you would need to worry about the motor as it would all work in your favour in the end.

Is this really a "forged" document - if so you need to report to the police.

CS@Jaguar

Post by CS@Jaguar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 am

jukesy01 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Hi All

Looking for a bit advice here, I’m looking to reject my car but that has been rejected as they are saying I signed the order form, the only issue I have with that is that I didn’t actually sign it and it was forged by the sales rep (distance sale)

What are my rights here? I’m assuming a forged signature is illegal?
Good morning Jukesy01,

I am deeply sorry to learn of this and apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

In order for me to review this matter further for you on your behalf, please provide me with your contact and vehicle details via PM where I will be happy to investigate this further.

Thanks,
Stacie

jukesy01

Post by jukesy01 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 am

Bob a wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:37 am
jukesy01 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am
I read online that if a signature has been forged then it renders the contract void?

And of course potentially a police matter and forging is illegal?
Sorry for brining this one back up and maybe cos i used to be a cop. All well and good about the concerns about the motor however you have said at the start about this being a forged document. If this has been done without your authority then the cops need to be called. By this process i dont think you would need to worry about the motor as it would all work in your favour in the end.

Is this really a "forged" document - if so you need to report to the police.
I’m sure the document itself is standard but the signature on it is forged as I did not sign it.

In fairness I have been losing sleep over next best step in the whole matter, the dealership asked for time to investigate but as you say it should be reported to police and trading standards, I’ll give them 24 more hours.

jukesy01

Post by jukesy01 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am

CS@Jaguar wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 am
jukesy01 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm
Hi All

Looking for a bit advice here, I’m looking to reject my car but that has been rejected as they are saying I signed the order form, the only issue I have with that is that I didn’t actually sign it and it was forged by the sales rep (distance sale)

What are my rights here? I’m assuming a forged signature is illegal?
Good morning Jukesy01,

I am deeply sorry to learn of this and apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

In order for me to review this matter further for you on your behalf, please provide me with your contact and vehicle details via PM where I will be happy to investigate this further.

Thanks,
Stacie
Hi Stacey, I appreciate the offer but having already spoken to the ceo’s office they have said it’s a dealership and sales order issue so not something they are willing to get involved in (I did question this as surely a forged signature is quite a serious break in process & protocol), I’d most likely be just wasting more of my time and yours.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”