In love (apart from back bumper)

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
corriescar66

Re: In love (apart from back bumper)

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:24 pm
Bottle - I agree the full white looks a lot better. If you can get it done properly, go for it!
Corrie - sorry, but I think they missed a bit......I mean clearly you meant to have the bit around the exhaust pipe done as well.....? :lol:
Indeed Matt, I noticed that too...

They overpainted a lot of red, on what was originally a silver car..... ;-)
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Hee hee! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass - covered cup holders (of course!)

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 pm

I actually don’t like the all white and do like the perfect contrast of black. I did however not like the grey that came standard on mine and I got black pack to blend it in. I had a black car though and not white.
I’m not a huge fan of white cars though seen some nice looking F paces in white :)
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

bottle_to_throttle

Post by bottle_to_throttle » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:42 am

My SRT8 was black MBagder and i promised myself never to get a black car again after the state of my bonnet even after the first year from new.
But saying that after just a couple of weeks i am realising that white cars show up even the slightest dirt spatters from the roads.
My wife has a silver SLC300 and it seems the perfect colour for not looking dirty too quick.

After mailing JLR about why they chose to put the dark grey plastic on the back, there explanation has made me go for gloss black as you have suggested.

Apparently the contrast dark bumper is there to create the side slant as part of the 'F-Type" styling match.
With full white, the back end from the side would lose that inward cut and after seeing a mock-up i agree with them as from the side with the full white it makes the car's backside look like it has eaten all the pies :)

Nishandf

Post by Nishandf » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:14 am

Yes, agree do think the contrast black against the body colour works best but it’s a personal choice.
However the Black pack does not provide this on the R-Sport. I had to spray my rear lower bumper gloss black which matches the other black parts.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:16 pm

bottle_to_throttle wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:42 am
My SRT8 was black MBagder and i promised myself never to get a black car again after the state of my bonnet even after the first year from new.
But saying that after just a couple of weeks i am realising that white cars show up even the slightest dirt spatters from the roads.
My wife has a silver SLC300 and it seems the perfect colour for not looking dirty too quick.

After mailing JLR about why they chose to put the dark grey plastic on the back, there explanation has made me go for gloss black as you have suggested.

Apparently the contrast dark bumper is there to create the side slant as part of the 'F-Type" styling match.
With full white, the back end from the side would lose that inward cut and after seeing a mock-up i agree with them as from the side with the full white it makes the car's backside look like it has eaten all the pies :)
With you on not getting black again. I’m being super careful with zero scratch mitt and cloths but even then some very light swirl marks especially that pesky gloss plastic near windows. Silver works well and I can attest that a certain yellow holds up very well on my other car.
My Alfa was silver and the Volvo before that so was time for a dark colour (though my XF prior to this was stratos grey (black)). Storm grey perhaps was the one I should have gone for or if a certain blue was available I possibly would have gone that route.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:40 pm

bottle_to_throttle wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 pm
Just phone the dealer who put me through to the bodyshop and they have quoted £150 plus all in, including pick up and delivery on a low-loader to my house which is 20 miles away.

Can't argue with that price and i am sure they are just doing it so cheap because i have managed to persuade 2 colleagues to buy an f pace with the same dealer.

I am having the leather done late next week corriescar66 so i will put some pics on then.
Save yourself a whole load of pain and bin that quote now, it needs a proper job doing, and as said above, that is likely to be £4-500. Corries nightmare which is detailed on here with pictures, shows what a JLR dealership with a cheap price did by outsourcing to smart repairers....
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:20 pm

I fear what we need is some sort of group deal with a bodyshop to get our rear bumper/diffuser finished in gloss black (from the current off-black/grey), especially for those of us with the Black Pack. Certainly something I'd seriously consider as I think the gloss black finish is required there !

Mike.
ON ORDER:
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch)
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Sport Seat pack; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

klho001

Post by klho001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:07 pm

If you hv the black pack, I'd def go gloss black to match the front and side finishing. All white makes the car too big and boring imo. Some black breaks up the design nicely. My dealer threw in painting it black before I collected.

IMG_2984.JPG

2017 Debadged 35t R Sport, 20" Blades, ICTP, Custom rear valence gloss black

bottle_to_throttle

Post by bottle_to_throttle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:43 am

Looks like JLR have got the message about the cheap looking grey black bumper as the marketing people when asking about my buying experience have comfirmed that that it has been a niggle from many and the next production will be matched to the S gloss rear with a smaller skid plate.

After showing the JLR bodyshop the pic of the red S here with the 3 attempts and the flaking paint, i was not confident of their "cannot promise" answer so my friend who works for Bentley has managed to call in a few favours to get it done 'a la bentley" at one of their bodyshops which gives it a 6-coat gloss black hardshell.

Maybe JLR should do a courtesy recall for all existing grey bumpers but we can dream :)

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”