Navigation routes down lanes

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Jeanjag

Navigation routes down lanes

Post by Jeanjag » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Got my FPace in September 2016, no real problems and never been back to garage, yet!

Problem I have is my navigation system keeps trying to send me down narrow country lanes. Happens all the time, where ever I am in the country. Does not seem to be adequate route options to avoid it. If I select motorway preference, I end up going down single track roads to get to it!

Am I missing something?
F Pace Portfolio, 2.0D. Black, Light Oyster interior. Sliding roof, In Control Touch Pro Pack, adaptive dynamics pack plus few others.

Markotley

Re: Navigation routes down lanes

Post by Markotley » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:56 pm

No not missing anything as the Nav system is really poor.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Jaguar system has been like this since 2008 when I had my first XF. On my first long journey to XL in London it tried to take me down every sliproad and then back up the other side so I was not impressed.Ian Callum was on the Jaguar stand and asked me what I thought of my new car so I discussed the sat nav problem with him to which he answered "I know as I am driving an XF At the moment". The system has not improved much in 9 years so I use my trusty Garmin all the time. Not good enough for Jaguar to be fitting such an inferior system in a quality car..
2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD Portfolio(rejection replacement). Odyssey Red. Latte .Blind Spot Monitor .20"Templars .Red brake calipers. All privacy glass. Side Steps. Space saver. USA plates.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:41 am

When you enter your destination does it not give you options on which route to choose as mine does and you can avoid a route that takes you away from motorways, never had the car take me down a slip road and back up again.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jeanjag

Post by Jeanjag » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Thanks for the comments, looks like the system is poor.

Jagfpacejk, appreciate your note, try driving some miles away from a motorway. The route options on mine always include narrow lanes, guess they are the fastest route, but no way of turning these fast routes off!
F Pace Portfolio, 2.0D. Black, Light Oyster interior. Sliding roof, In Control Touch Pro Pack, adaptive dynamics pack plus few others.

afriguy

Post by afriguy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Mine sent me down a road (or tried) that has been closed for 15 years+ complete garbage! of a system

jstitch

Post by jstitch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am

In the navigation settings there is a list of options (tolls, ferries, etc).

One of these is something like "single track lanes"

As a default it is checked! So the system will always be looking for these lanes.

Un-check it and you should be OK.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:08 pm

jstitch wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am
In the navigation settings there is a list of options (tolls, ferries, etc).

One of these is something like "single track lanes"

As a default it is checked! So the system will always be looking for these lanes.

Un-check it and you should be OK.
Sadly this has no effect .

The previous JLR system was much better. This one looks flash, but fails miserably on so many counts...
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:11 am

I've had this, driving in France and Italy never got us lost but plenty of concern where it was taking us. We had the satnav set to shortest route, it is now set to quickest route which helps a lot. However if your destination is out in the sticks, particularly the wilds of Berkshire there are plenty of single track lanes.
F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

SteveB

Post by SteveB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm

So...Where are these settings?
Quickest rather than shortest?
Avoid tolls?
Thanks

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”