Another newbie…

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ant_Wilts

Another newbie…

Post by Ant_Wilts » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:47 am

Just picked up a MY21 D200 yesterday and now orientating myself with Pivi Pro having used the ‘old’ touch screen in the MY19 IPace. Have to say it’s a big leap forward.

MrR

Re: Another newbie…

Post by MrR » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi

I am still wafting deliver of my 2021 2 I was it would be the end of May but looks like the end of June now .

I was just wondering how are you finding the car I ordered without a test drive spec is below ;

2.0 d MHEV 204PS R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black, Meridian Sound System, Park Assist, Wireless Device Charging , Red Brake Calipers, Black Exterior Pack.

How are you finding the engine performance and ride comfort .

There has been so many great reviews they have all said it a better all rounder SUV now.

What made you change from a I pace

Ant_Wilts

Post by Ant_Wilts » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Hi, interestingly the dealership were offering me an in-stock SE D200 with sliding roof, rails, Meridian surround, and black pack but had problems with a part for a recall connected with ABS. This was going on for some weeks so they showed me the HSE in blue fire and I agreed as long as they chucked in the rails as well. In terms of ride I’ve only taken it on a 40 mile round trip but did find the ride stable, comfortable, and sedate. It’s engine needed to be worked a bit but otherwise perfect for my needs.

Main reason for ipace swap was I need to be able to make more frequent 200mile plus journeys and charging at the destination was becoming a problem, 30 plus hours on a granny cable vs 8 hours on 7kw home charger to get to 100%. Having said that it was a great car but be prepared when you put down the accelerator. The handling on the fpace is (imho) much better and I was continually having problems with the ipace Emergency LKA kicking in on country roads when pulling away quickly and was beginning to lose confidence.

Spoke to the dealer a few days after picking it up and said if you mated the fpace with the ipace power unit and extended the range by 100 miles you’d be on to a winner!

MrR

Post by MrR » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:08 pm

Thanks keep us up to date as you drive it more .

Got told today the cars been delayed due to chip shortages I knew there were problems but only at the Castle Bromwich and Halewood plants .JLR had said production was not affected at the Solihull plant where they make the F Pace and Velar .

Jagscat2.0

Post by Jagscat2.0 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:39 pm

Apparently some of the options use significantly more semi conductors,... and I guess they are looking at how many vehicles can be completed with the units they get supplied with.
Should always be done on the first come first served basis,.. after all they are making at lot more money on optioned vehicles anyway.

Regards JC.
F pace owner 2016-19. Awaiting delivery of a P400e HSE. Hakuba silver, B/ pack, P/glass, F/pano, Self confessed car nut in therapy , prototype engineer, firearms range officer/instructor, wolf hybrid owner, champion of lost causes, who loves to complain !