New Owner - Herefordshire

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Milltime

New Owner - Herefordshire

Post by Milltime » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:58 am

Hi,

We took delivery of a 2018My Portfolio in Caesium Blue a couple of weeks ago. Have arrived at the F-Pace from a Freelander 2. So far we are really enjoying the F-Pace. Some nice features, adaptive cruise control, head up display. With Covid, we bought it unseen and without driving one beforehand, but so far it beats our expectations. The last Jaguar I owned was a Series 2 XJ6 coupe in the 90s! The hump in the bonnet remains familiar but not much else!

I'm having a slightly interesting time fitting a Jaguar towbar and electrics but that could be the subject of another post!

Milltime

Deltasierra

Re: New Owner - Herefordshire

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:59 pm

Towing electrics need coding to the ECU or you can use it as as universal flasher, make sure you have the correct relay unit.
Make sure you have an extended warranty
Enjoy.
IPace SVR performance without the noise
Gone FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter
XKR Convertible
E type 4.2 restored it from a wreck, noisy, smelly, uncomfortable —- and wonderful, reliable too!.

Milltime

Post by Milltime » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:29 pm

Thanks for the info. Towing electrics and towbar are genuine Jaguar. After fitting them yesterday, there are a few can bus errors going on leading to intermittent loss of indicators, loss of central touch screen, loss of cruise control and problems with the smart keys. There is a post on this forum where someone had the same issues. I have responded to it. I am as sure as I can be that I have the right towbar and electrics for my model year so am hoping when it is coded next week, the car then behaves itself. At the moment I have disconnected the main towbar wiring connector in to the main loom and everything is back to normal again! I have an extended warranty. I’m not sure whether to get a service plan. I’m guessing these plans just cover the routine items and don’t include wearing items like brake discs and pads.

Bimjob

Post by Bimjob » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:40 pm

Nice to hear from someone local to me!
The service plans no longer exist as I tried to get one for mine in February. Used to be good value.
I admire your heroics with the tow bar.
Can you clarify a bit more about the car- diesel/petrol etc?
My first F-Pace was completely faultless for the almost 3 years I had it and best car decision I have ever made.
So did it again with a few tweaks.
Glad you got the warranty.
Agreed Enjoy😃😃
Arrived
MY21 Portofino Blue P250 black pack 5031 20 in. Pano and Meridian Surround
Gone: Gorgeous MY18 R-Sport 25T 19in 5031s Loire Blue