XF to F Pace

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
NeMo

XF to F Pace

Post by NeMo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:55 pm

I currently own a 2017 XF.
I fancy an F Pace & looking at 2.0 Petrol 300 Sport.
Any experiences to be shared or any do's / dont's / watch out for's would be good to hear.

Thanks

NeMO.

FP Steve B

Re: XF to F Pace

Post by FP Steve B » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:00 am

I have a 3ltr diesel with 300bhp, plenty quick enough esp in Chequered Flag mode! I had a Discovery Sport 180 before & could've done with more power. I've got LED lights which are brilliant (literally), black leather (doesn't show any scuffs on side bolsters). I have the Meridian Sound System which is great & electric seats are a must for extra adjustment. I have the Pano roof which lets in loads of light. I bought a set of Jag rubber mats & one for the boot, if you go to the tip or have lots of passengers, it saves the carpets & are easily cleaned. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing, other than Michelin Cross Climates are a better all round tyre. 8-)
Delivered 28/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

NeMo

Post by NeMo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:00 am

Thank you Steve, very useful.

martind511

Post by martind511 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:03 pm

Hey NeMo,

I had a 2017 XF 2.0 Portfolio 180bhp diesel which was a company car. Since I wasn’t doing the miles, i came out of our scheme and I bought a 2017 F-Pace 2.0 250bhp petrol in British Racing Green with the latte interior. Love the high driving position and boot.

I made sure I got the opening glass roof and the incontrol touch pro upgrade so that I could get CarPlay. The Meridian sound system is fine for me.

As per Steve, I swapped the Pirelli P-Zero tyres which I didn’t like for Michelin Cross Climates which are quieter and feel more comfortable.

It feels quick enough for me - we have an XE with the same engine and haven’t had any issues over the last couple of years.

Hope this helps
MY 2018 Jaguar F-Pace Portfolio 25T - BRG with Latté interior, Sunroof, ICTP, LED Adaptive Lights, Electrically Deployable Towbar
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.

NeMo

Post by NeMo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:20 pm

Martin

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

It is interesting to me that both you & Steve mention the tyres.

I am going to purchase in March & this is a topic I will mention.

Thanks again.

NeMo.

martind511

Post by martind511 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 pm

The Pirelli’s always made a juddering sound when manoeuvring and I can’t describe why but they just didn’t feel right. Never had this with the xf and Xe and they just run on the Dunlops that were factory fitted.
MY 2018 Jaguar F-Pace Portfolio 25T - BRG with Latté interior, Sunroof, ICTP, LED Adaptive Lights, Electrically Deployable Towbar
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:34 pm

3.0d and loving it. Also have rubber mats. Don't have pano roof - tried a car with it in summer and spent whole time with shade drawn. Spent the money on 22" wheels instead. Good choice. Car looks good and handles well with them. I have pirelli 265 40 R22 summer tyres and they are superb until it gets cold. Below 7 degrees C you are better off with All Season or winter tyre. I have set of spare 22" wheels with winter Pirelli Scorpions. No judder or skip. Plenty of grip in snow, rain and inclement weather. I got the boot release for back seats (very useful), winter pack with heated steering wheel and screen (very useful except rear seat heating never used), rear seat recline (used occassionally), LED lights (great but auto dipping feature not quite sensitive enough on motorway), ICTP (great). 3.0d is excellent - fast but frugal.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

KMann

Post by KMann » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:42 am

Hey NeMO,

I had an XF 3.0d S and also would like to go the SUV route. Will be interesting to see how you get on.

khdgsa

Post by khdgsa » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:16 pm

I went from a 3.0d XF to a 2020 F-Pace 300 sport. The single biggest difference I noted was how much slower the F-Pace accelerates. Obviously they were designed with different types of drivers in mind, but I am being a bit more cautious with the time I give myself on roundabouts, etc. But really enjoying it.

NeMo

Post by NeMo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:40 pm

Purchased the 300 Sport 2.0 petrol version in early March 21 so has been in my possession for five or so weeks now.
Its a beauty, have received lots of positive comments from admirers.
Unlike khdgsa above, I've found the acceleration quite impressive but maybe its because I came from a 2.0 Diesel XF.
With just under 4000 miles on the clock, I feel the petrol consumption is a bit toppy at the moment & I'm looking forward to being able to go on a decent run once lock-down is lifted & hopefully the consumption will improve as we get used to each other.

NeMo.