Possible new owner

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
ronnieh

Possible new owner

Post by ronnieh » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi All,
Currently an Audi Q5 3.0 TDI owner, which has been a great car. Not to keen on the new shape Q5 has it looks a bit bland, now looking at 3.0d V6 Fpace. Has anybody gone down this route from Audi to Jaguar? and if so was it a good move. I also tow a caravan which is about 1500Kg weight and would be interested in the Jags towing capabilities.

Peterjohn

Re: Possible new owner

Post by Peterjohn » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:55 pm

I currently tow with the 2 litre diesel my caravan is 1550kg tows brilliantly
F pace 2.0D checkered flag eiger grey

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:46 pm

I switched from Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDI to the 3.0d S. Size wise the Jag is actually shorter but roughly the same width. I loved my Audi. 70,000 miles and apart from servicing I had the high level rear light fail on the boot. I have done 18,000 miles in the current car and I love it more! Only issue so far was a reversing camera fault fixed under warranty. Built quality good. Drives superbly. Handling is excellent and it loves being thrown into corners and accelerating out where you really feel the torque steering and push from predominantly rear wheel drive. Feels safe as a house in bad weather. Today I was out in a works Fiat 500 in pouring rain on summer tyres in 5 degrees C and it skipped sideways on a corner. The Jag doesnt do that. MPG the Audi averaged about 38mpg on a motorway trip up to Dundee where my family are based, the Jag with a much bigger engine averages 34mpg on the same motorway speed journey. Much better mpg in the 40 to 60mph range roads sometimes well over 40mpg. Go for it. Still looks great in my opinion nothing else really comes close for looks. Drives fantastic. Don't regret my decision for a second.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:49 pm

I should add 700nm of torque at peak is about the same as the SVR V8 generates so I think it will be just fine pulling a caravan.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D