10 days and counting- what can I ask the dealer for

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Philbull

10 days and counting- what can I ask the dealer for

Post by Philbull » Wed May 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Picking up my new f pace next week - any suggestions on what extra’s I should try to get out of the dealer

jeffreywoodham

Re: 10 days and counting- what can I ask the dealer for

Post by jeffreywoodham » Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Haven’t you left this a bit late? Best time to do a deal is before you sign. You could try and do a deal on the service agreement if you haven’t already signed up
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

balders

Post by balders » Wed May 15, 2019 6:30 pm

The only thing I would when picking up a car is the car itself, and you will be getting a great car to enjoy! In terms of extras, I'm with jeffrey - deal's done now, so I doubt you'd get anything substantial.

There's a thread running here of handover gifts that people have received, although it's quite random, and generally low-value items compared to the cost of the car! Nice little feel-good factor though if they give you a box of chocs of some flowers.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4581&sid=1b1924e2a3 ... 5978cc290b

If the dealer wants to give you anything extra, great, but I certainly wouldn't spend effort trying to push them for sake of a Jaguar-branded mug!

Balders

balders

Post by balders » Wed May 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Saying that, you may be able to get a deal on some car prep, gap, or extra insurance (alloys, tyres, smart, etc). They might be more willing to cut a deal on those as delivery time gets closer, especially if you look at taking more than one. But worth checking against third party policies.

Balders

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:51 pm

I agree that you have missed the train with regard to"significant" extras. The time for negotiating is before you sign on the dotted line, not after. BEFORE I signed I managed to negotiate full set of rubber mats, including boot liner; front and rear splash guards and a set of roof rails to be thrown in. At delivery we then got the goody basket of champagn and chocs, key rings, full tank of petrol etc.

I think you'll find that you can get an aweful lot of "Dealer Fitted" goodies for free if you negotiate well. My negotiations were spread out over 3 months!
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

f-pace-pete

Post by f-pace-pete » Thu May 16, 2019 4:10 pm

I managed to get a guided tour for 2 of the Solihul assembly plant. (Dealer paid all the fees for me).
Also got a huge discount on 5 year service plan. Dealer said hands were tied on factory fitted items but had flexibility on things under their control.
Might get Mud flaps if dealer fitted?

Best of luck. Had mine 18months now and love it as much as pick up day.
MY2018 Portfolio/2L P 25t/ Corris/Oyster/ICTP/AD/CML/ACC/ConvPack/LED HL/ElecTow/OpeningRoof/MFlaps/ScufPl.

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm

It isn’t the case of what you can squeeze out of the dealer it is more what more they will attempt to squeeze out of you when you are sitting across the desk signing all the paperwork before they will hand over the keys. You have to sign even when you reject their kind offer for the items listed below. Other forum members feel free to add anymore.

Paint protection. Big rip off and not necessary or needed £450 minimum. Salesperson gets a huge commission!
Interior protection. Ditto. Price varies £200 + Ditto
GAP. Insurance. Another rip off. So buy on line from somebody else. Ditto
Service plan. Depends on how long you intend keeping the car. Service required 20k or every 2 years. First service is only an oil and filter change so check prices other than supplying dealer.
Alloy wheel and tyre insurance. Worth having but do not pay above £350. For 3 years cover

Not like the old days when you handed over your cash and they just handed you the keys.

Best of luck but stand firm !
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Thu May 16, 2019 10:09 pm

No, I would like to add less. The service plan is a no-brainer for petrol cars and I wasn’t pressured at any time to buy any of the other things you’ve mentioned.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

DPE

Post by DPE » Thu May 16, 2019 10:36 pm

You have done your deal ?
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:15 am

Try for the service plan if you are going to have it serviced at a main dealer...
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

Return to “Introductions”