New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
2PP

Post by 2PP » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi to all,

Recently purchased new F pace 2.0d Auto AWD, had the pleasure of driving the vehicle for less than one mile before the infotainment screen went blank, re-booted and blank again continuously. Called dealer immediately as it was late afternoon, advised to drive home and someone from service would call me the following morning, this they did so I returned the car. Showroom is on a one way road so could not easily turn around and go back hence the call before they closed for the day.

That is the last time I have seen my new F Pace apparently the dealer can not resolve the issue and Jaguar technical are working with the dealer but to date no fix. They have changed out screen, module, re flashed software checked wiring but no fix.

The plot thickens as it was arranged that I took delivery around 11:00am prior to me leaving the house I received a message from sales asking could the handover be delayed until late afternoon as service need to do a software update as directed by Jaguar, I am wondering if they already had picked up the problem prior to handover....

The vehicle has been in the workshop two weeks now so tomorrow I intend to visit them and put it to them that I wish to have a like for like replacement or reject the vehicle. Any thoughts on an approach to deal with this fiasco. Cheers Paul.

June16

Re: New Member

Post by June16 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 am

You are within your rights to reject in the first 30 days without permitting any repair.
It’s your choice whether to wait for repair or wait for another vehicle.
Make sure the dealer knows your intentions ( choice) clearly as after 30 days you have to permit one repair attempt.

Consumer Rights Act 2015
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... ts/enacted

Welcome to the forum!
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

2PP

Post by 2PP » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Thank you for your reply and welcome, all was resolved without too much of a fight, Jaguar have agreed to replace the vehicle like for like within a timeframe of around seven days. In the mean time I have one of their demo cars so all in all a fair outcome I believe for both parties.

They did state this morning that no fix had been found to the problem and they as well as Jaguar technical were struggling somewhat with this one. Basically at this stage swapping parts out in a hope something resolves the issue, plug and play.... hence my insistence on a new vehicle.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:41 pm

2PP wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:18 pm
Thank you for your reply and welcome, all was resolved without too much of a fight, Jaguar have agreed to replace the vehicle like for like within a timeframe of around seven days. In the mean time I have one of their demo cars so all in all a fair outcome I believe for both parties.

They did state this morning that no fix had been found to the problem and they as well as Jaguar technical were struggling somewhat with this one. Basically at this stage swapping parts out in a hope something resolves the issue, plug and play.... hence my insistence on a new vehicle.
I think you have had an excellent result there and hopefully you can move forward in your new, new vehicle without further problems!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:50 am

Welcome to the forum and sorry to read about your issues with your new car.

I thought Jaguar had resolved this issue as my first Fpace, one of the First Edition Diesel models did this while i was on the motorway and they said it was a software issue that was resolved in an update.

Seems you may have had more then a software fault.

Very quick on time-frame to replace the car, must have had one exactly your colour and spec in stock at some place, 7 days is extremely quick.

Fingers crossed your new one is fault free.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

2PP

Post by 2PP » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 pm

Thanks for all of the positivity.

Latest from Jaguar is that the car problem has been resolved, apparently they could get the infotainment screen to perform 100% with ignition on, once engine was running the screen was going blank.

Jaguar engineering advised the dealer to change a module voltage regulator which sorted the problem. They then fitted the defective unit into a new car as a test and the same problems were encountered.

In fairness the dealer did not call me to push the repaired vehicle back onto me, they did ask if I wanted to consider taking the original vehicle but the offer of a new like for like still stood.

Mrs. wants new as she has it in her mind that grubby technicians have been jumping in and out of the vehicle..... she does have a Jaguar S Type 17 years old and it’s in showroom condition so I sort of see where she is coming from.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Sounds like you have a good dealer. I am not sure what I would decide but I am lucky as I had no similar problems to confront. Is new model identical in all respects?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

2PP

Post by 2PP » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Identical like for like that is what they have told me. In fact during the meeting on Monday once it was agreed to car replacement the dealer advised they had found a car sent me for a coffee came back a while later and advised they had stopped the order as the stitching on the seats were not exactly the same colour..... 30mins later were back saying like for like ordered. I found the dealings especially in the meeting was made a lot easier as I had all of the e mailed correspondence basically advising me in writing what they had done and no fix was available after each attempt. I am not so sure they would have been so accommodating if I did not have this or if they had found the fix prior to our meeting. Speak as you find so they have been very good to deal with so far.

2PP

Post by 2PP » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Can anyone advise if a vehicle rejected on a PCP can simply be replaced like for like on the original PCP agreement ? Dealer advising they will simply insert new VIN & registration number into original contract no need to sign a new agreement. I’m not sure this is considered good business practice as questions I have raised pertaining to the start date of the original contract and that of the newly supplied vehicle differ (at this stage almost one month and no notification of a delivery date). Also I am one month into the original contract but no vehicle as the vehicle was returned to dealership within hours of ownership. Dealership have been mailed my concerns but no response.

CS@Jaguar

Post by CS@Jaguar » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:44 am

2PP wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:58 pm
Can anyone advise if a vehicle rejected on a PCP can simply be replaced like for like on the original PCP agreement ? Dealer advising they will simply insert new VIN & registration number into original contract no need to sign a new agreement. I’m not sure this is considered good business practice as questions I have raised pertaining to the start date of the original contract and that of the newly supplied vehicle differ (at this stage almost one month and no notification of a delivery date). Also I am one month into the original contract but no vehicle as the vehicle was returned to dealership within hours of ownership. Dealership have been mailed my concerns but no response.
Good Morning 2PP

Thank you for you post.

I am concerned to learn of your comments. Should you wish for any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with the following details:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your Personal Contact Details

Alternatively you can contact the Customer Relations Centre direct on the following number

CRC Helpline Direct: 0370 5000 500

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Return to “Introductions”