F Pace not quite a "Jaguar"

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jim

Re: F Pace not quite a "Jaguar"

Post by Jim » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 am

Deltasierra wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:32 pm
The 180 is adequate and will get high 40s mpg but only if you don't exceed 50 mph on empty roads, using more performance and motorway speeds will see mid to high 30s which is close to the 3.0D but then it is hauling the same car at the same speed
The peach is the 3.0D not cheap but a quiet cruiser, decent economy, excellent handling and performance. It is a real Jag.
I also get around 50 mpg (2.0D 180) if I cruise at around the speed limit (for some reason around 75 mph gives better mpg than exactly 70, speed as measured on TomTom not speedo) along motorways.

What I do find makes a difference (more than I have noticed on other cars) is air temperature and humidity, if it is very cold and dry or hot and dry the mpg drops off but cold and damp (not raining) appears to give best mpg.

My average over the last 5,000km is 39 mpg with the best recorded journey in that time as 52.5 mpg with an average speed of 63mph over 87 miles.

It would be interesting to see someone's actual figures for a similar distance period from a 2.0D 240 and 3.0D, as I also suspect that they all wouldn't be very much different.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:08 am

I am a first time Jaguar owner and I have come from a world where only German cars will do. I have had 4 different go-faster Golf's including the VR6, a BMW 3 Series, a 5 Series and an Audi A6 Avant. I loved my German cars but I love this Jaguar even more. I don't care about the MPG. I don't care that it is not completely up to German standards in terms of tech and build quality - it is still a very nice place to be and great to look at. It drives and handles superbly for such a big car and it definitely has Jaguar DNA. I have a big cheesy grin every time I get to drive it and it still gets looks of admiration even if there are more on the road these days. It is a pity that early build quality was not up to scratch but perhaps JLR have mastered that now as there seem to be less complaints.

The F Pace is not be an E Type but it has attracted drivers from other marques due to its looks and performance heritage and surely broadening Jaguar's appeal isn't a bad thing?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:28 pm

In spite of my whinge about mpg, I too still have cheesy grin when driving it. It is a Jaguar not perfect but then none have ever been perfect!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Return to “Introductions”