New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Emanuel2222

Re: New F Pace owner

Post by Emanuel2222 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:41 pm

MrPix wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:22 pm
Hi Emanuel,

WRT: send destination to sat nav

You can do this already using InControl Route Planner.

You need to setup an InControl Account, a profile and an InControl Navigation Account. Then make sure you have the accounts synced on phone and car and bingo. You can sit in your armchair (the one in the house or wherever, not the one behind the wheel) and plan your route on the phone app.... when you get in the car, it's there under Recent Destinations... select and Start... and away you jolly well go.

My car build date was Jan 12th 2018 and I have 4G symbol and data card.
Hi MrPix,

Thank you for your king reply.

I'll try your method.
The reason I was enquiring about this is that on my other caer (Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav), I have the onStar app and the My Vauxhall App and I can just send the destination to the vehice and as soon as i fire the engine, it will be already there, on the sat nav :)
Same app is showing the tyres pressure, oil life, mileage, fuel level, real time diagnostics and apart from all these, my phone will receive an alert if the alarm is triggered ...and I am talking about a £28k Vauxhall, not a £51k Jag :D

What network is your sim card ?
Mine is with Vodafone and did not see the 4G yet :(

Drive Safe !
F Pace R Sport AWD 2.0 Diesel, Firenze Red, inControl Touch Pro, sliding panoramic roof and other gizmos...

MrPix

Post by MrPix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Emanuel2222 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:41 pm

What network is your sim card ?
Mine is with Vodafone and did not see the 4G yet :(
I have the Three 3G/4G 12GB/12mo data card, works a treat in my area. Do you have a Vodafone mobile phone too and do you get 4G in your area?
Jan '18 F-Pace S Supercharged V6, Santorini Black, Pimento/Ebony/Jet, Black Pack, 20" Black Venom/ 18" 15 spoke, Privacy Glass, ICTP, LED headlights, configurable moods, cooled gloves, heated wheel & supported lumbar.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Emanuel2222 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm
Hi Guys,

Just got a reply from JLR:

"
Dear Mr Dumitru,

Thank you for your email.

I note your comment regarding the reported concerns in relation to your F-Pace. May I apologise on behalf of Jaguar for any inconvenience that may have been caused and it is disappointing to learn that your vehicle ownership experience has fallen below expectations.

To enable me to investigate and assist you further, please could you confirm the VIN/Chassis number of your vehicle. The VIN can be found on your V5c log book. Once I have this information I will be happy to assist and advise you accordingly.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,

Sharon Casey

Digital Case Manager
UK Customer Relationship Centre
Jaguar Land Rover
"

and I've replied adding the following:

"
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your kind reply.

In the meantime, thank to another Jag owner, I sorted out the Remote App and managed to chang the units from l/100 km to mpg.
Speakng of the App, I am wondering if it can be imporoved/updated to:
- show tyre pressure;
- show oil life;
- send destination to sat nav;
- run diagnosys;
- alert when the alarm is triggerd.

Another issue I am facing is related to playing music from an USB flash drive:
There are some pauses while playing, like there used to be on an old record players (like the disk/tape was jumping);
I've tried several USB drives, including 3.0 and several formatting settings (32 MB allocation unit in FAT32, as seen on Jag forums, this one works better, but still have some pauses... ).

Speaking of music, I have noticed that in the Queue menu (the dashboard one), I can only see a limited number of entries and to be able to scroll forward (after that limit) I have to select the last one and then the range extends by another few entries...it just takes ages to find a song....even tryed the vocal command but it seems not to be able to search through songs.

Another thing I've noticed is that the sound only goes up to 47 (out of...more as I can still see some space on that bar), and this is not quite enough when connected via bluetooth and have a Skype call...the sound is quite low.

Another thing which is more of a question: I have a Vodafone data sim card inserted and I've noticed the 3G logo on the display; Now some guys on the forums are saying they have 4G, but the vehicle has to be 4G enabled and this leads to the following question: Is there any way (software update or so), to go from 3G to 4G (if that's the case with my vehicle) ?
I am not sure if it will make a massive difference, as I am only using data for weather and traffic update, but it would be nice to have the 4G logo on the screen.

I don't know the exact date my car was build, I got it delivered on 20th of January 2018.

So far I am enjoying driving it as the seats are really comfortable, but these other issues are reducing the overall driving experience satisfaction.

Regards,
Emanuel
"

I will keep you guys posted with the reply.

Drive safe !
All 2018 MY cars are 4G enabled, so if yours is new you should be getting 4G as long as your signal is strong enough & I believe you should see '4G' on the top line if you have ICTP 3.0, but can't remember if 2.5 showed anything... If you have the old seat icon, then you may have to wait until they re-release it before you get to see it.

If it is a 2017 MY or earlier, they are only 3G. It's a hardware issue and apparently cannot be upgraded on the older cars
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

MrPix

Post by MrPix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:01 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:50 pm

All 2018 MY cars are 4G enabled, so if yours is new you should be getting 4G as long as your signal is strong enough & I believe you should see '4G' on the top line if you have ICTP 3.0, but can't remember if 2.5 showed anything... If you have the old seat icon, then you may have to wait until they re-release it before you get to see it.

If it is a 2017 MY or earlier, they are only 3G. It's a hardware issue and apparently cannot be upgraded on the older cars
May I'm ask what are the old seat icons? Mine looks like the below picture (ignore the red lines)

sync.jpg

Jan '18 F-Pace S Supercharged V6, Santorini Black, Pimento/Ebony/Jet, Black Pack, 20" Black Venom/ 18" 15 spoke, Privacy Glass, ICTP, LED headlights, configurable moods, cooled gloves, heated wheel & supported lumbar.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:29 pm

MrPix wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:01 pm
corriescar66 wrote:

May I'm ask what are the old seat icons? Mine looks like the below picture (ignore the red lines)

sync.jpg
Yes, you have ICTP 2.5...... The ASi now becomes a little mountain....

WP_20180119_13_26_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20180119_13_26_16_Pro.jpg

Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

MrPix

Post by MrPix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:31 pm

so, 2.5 is 4G enabled, my car was delivered 2 days after Emanuel's and I was told all available updates had been carried out

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:37 pm

MrPix wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:31 pm
so, 2.5 is 4G enabled, my car was delivered 2 days after Emanuel's and I was told all available updates had been carried out
My car was new on Saturday and it has 2.5 loaded, it seems to be the version which is been installed at the factory. As everything seems to work fine on it I’m not pushing for an update which may brick the whole unit.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

Emanuel2222

Post by Emanuel2222 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 pm

MrPix wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:01 pm
corriescar66 wrote:

sync.jpg
Yes, the seat icon looks like the one in the picture (90 degrees shape); I can’t find the version info...

3G on the car, 4G on my phone.

Drive safe !

312E8E42-B197-48A6-B662-CCC8DC51C64F.jpeg

F Pace R Sport AWD 2.0 Diesel, Firenze Red, inControl Touch Pro, sliding panoramic roof and other gizmos...

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:49 pm

MrPix wrote:
Does it say 4G? It may only be 3.0 that has a new graphic to say 4G, so it may only be able to indicate '3G' even if it is running 4G. There is a new signal strength indicator if you look at the top of my photo.

3.0 was originally released in July 2017, and I don't think I have read on here that anyone has had a new car delivered with it factory loaded.

It is also possible that there has been a partial upload of 3.0 to Emanuel's car as the USB problem sounds like mine. It happened to me - they think they loaded it, but you are left with the 2.5 menus/icons & a compromised system.

The patch for 3.0 briefly released in December crashed most of the cars it was loaded on so we await their next effort. Rumour has it the next version will include voice control for sat nav...

Look, a flying pig.....

A lot seem to have had no problems, but I'm not one of them.
Last edited by corriescar66 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrPix

Post by MrPix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:51 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:49 pm
MrPix wrote:
Does it say 4G? It may only be 3.0 that has a new graphic to say 4G, so it may only be able to indicate '3G'. There is a new signal strength indicator if you look at the top of my photo.

3.0 was originally released in July 2017, and I don't think I have read on here that anyone has had a new car delivered with it factory loaded.

It is also possible that there has been a partial upload of 3.0 to Emanuel's car as the USB problem sounds like mine. It happened to me - they think they loaded it, but you are left with the 2.5 menus/icons & a compromised system.

The patch for 3.0 briefly released in December crashed most of the cars it was loaded on so we await their next effort. Rumour has it the next version will include voice control for sat nav...

Look, a flying pig.....

A lot seem to have had no problems, but I'm not one of them.
yes it says 4G as per photo I uploaded.

Return to “Introductions”