Re: Hello everyone

Post by Jacksoag » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 pm
Jacksoag wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:05 pm
Mbadger77 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:14 pm
The mud inside the door is actually an ingenious solution created by al early FPacer.
Buy some rubber stripping and just slot it on.
I put mine one a year ago and still there with no need for glue, tape or and bolts etc.

Something like this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VZWMK46?tag=mokownclu-21

Works really well.
Some cut lengths of old cycle inner tubes work just as well and stay in place 😀
I said it at the time. I’m not,putting some scabby old inner tubes on my premium car. The £4 bits of rubber though :)
Much more fitting to quality of car.
They're not scabby, they work and nobody knows they are there - can't see how they affect the perceived quality of the car. And I still have my £4 😀. Helped towards buying my 2nd F-Pace......which has the same deluxe fitments.

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am

Mbadger77 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 pm
mike72uk wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:30 am
Mbadger77 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:14 pm
The mud inside the door is actually an ingenious solution created by al early FPacer.
Buy some rubber stripping and just slot it on.
I put mine one a year ago and still there with no need for glue, tape or and bolts etc.

Something like this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VZWMK46?tag=mokownclu-21

Works really well.
Hi Mbadger77, have you got some pictures of where/how you fitted this to share ?

Regards,
Mike
Yes just fits direct on the door fin. I’ll try and remember to take a photo in the morning.
Hasn’t been cleaned since last summer so be interesting to see how dirty it is.
Any luck with those pic's MBadger77 ? Did you just slide the piece onto the bottom of the door (the bit that effectively curves under the body ?)
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch)
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am
....Did you just slide the piece onto the bottom of the door (the bit that effectively curves under the body ?)

Hi, you just cut a short piece and slide it up so it grips along the edge of this plastic fitting to fill in the gap between, as shown in this pic (which is how they look if you don't fill it in) . . . so it's unobtrusive, but just enough to stop a lot of the stuff that can get splashed up through the open gap

door gap.JPG

8-) . . since July '16: 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:25 am

catwoman wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm
mike72uk wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am
....Did you just slide the piece onto the bottom of the door (the bit that effectively curves under the body ?)

Hi, you just cut a short piece and slide it up so it grips along the edge of this plastic fitting to fill in the gap between, as shown in this pic (which is how they look if you don't fill it in) . . . so it's unobtrusive, but just enough to stop a lot of the stuff that can get splashed up through the open gap

door gap.JPG
Cheers Catwoman,

Ordered some after washing today (at which point I realised that gap you referenced was the problem and how they would fit!

I see you have the splash guard (as JLR seems to refer to mud guards/mud flaps) but still get dirt coming in !

Quite why that part isn’t flush fit or doesn’t have some rubber gasket (for body flex) is beyond me as once you’ve see it it’s obvious that dirt and grime will ingress through there !

Regards
Mike
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 pm

Hope it worked. Sorry I did take a photo but forgot to be honest and haven’t been around as much as Normal.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:22 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 pm
Hope it worked. Sorry I did take a photo but forgot to be honest and haven’t been around as much as Normal.
Worked a treat, thanks Mbadger77 and Catwoman

Mike

Return to “Introductions”