Hello everyone

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
SW18Tractor

Hello everyone

Post by SW18Tractor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi all,

Latecomer to these boards but ordered mine back in mid-August and looking forward to taking delivery although this is currently scheduled for December 1! Christmas is certainly coming early this year.

See that others are getting similar wait times though.

Went for the Petrol S as 1) don't think Diesels are really a good option for the future and 2) didn't really see much difference in price between the other two petrol engines and the fun of the S on my usage. If I got one of the others, I would just wish I got the S anyway also it is quite Possibly last chance to have a V6 before fun gets outlawed/priced out.... which is what I will remember when standing next to it on the petrol forecourt.

Will also admit that another F Pace has just arrived on the street with one of my more annoying neighbours and I am such a "£$%... having the S parked a few cars away will make me smile whenever I see his.... juvenile but the truth.

Thank you all for your feedback on these boards particularly the options... I can alter mine until November and may well do so... particularly thinking of axing the ACC as have only really experienced it in hire cars and think that the current positioning of the radar on the front of the car looks awful.

Feedback welcome!
F Pace S Petrol Supercharged V6, Black. Meridien 825 W, Adaptive Cruise Control, Surface response, heated seats petrol plan, reclining rear seats & parking assist.

Jim

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Jim » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Welcome and just to let you know it is compolsary to provide pictures when your car arrives, or so it appears from other welcomes on here :lol:

For my 2p I would recommend you consider the LED headlights (which I have), the skinny spare (which I don't have, but wish I had) and the Blind Spot Monitoring (which I also don't have, but wish I did).
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

SW18Tractor

Post by SW18Tractor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Noted and will post the pics!

I am considering the LEDs... the Bi-Xenons come as standard but if I axe the ACC I can add the LEDs and blind spot monitoring ... must admit... struggling to understand whether the Bi-xenons do anything extra at all. Standard on the F Pace S and description is pretty limited!
F Pace S Petrol Supercharged V6, Black. Meridien 825 W, Adaptive Cruise Control, Surface response, heated seats petrol plan, reclining rear seats & parking assist.

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:56 pm

If you search on this forum I think you will find many owners are not very happy with their xenon headlights, as apparently they are a bit dim!

I also listed the skinny spare as it is only £155 (or was) and includes the jack, etc. whereas if you don't order a spare wheel you don't get a jack, just the pressurised gunk to ruin your tyres, even if they would otherwise have been repairable.

The full size spare puts a hump in the boot and ruins what is otherwise a fantastic boot area.

I'm sure others will chime in with their thoughts and advice.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Excellent choice!

Personally, I would lose the ACC & get the BSM and the LED's

Been driving a 2.0d R Sport with Xenon's and have to dispute that they are poor, but the LED's are much better and I'm really missing the auto hi-beam assist ( as are many other blinded Surrey drivers as I keep forgetting some cars are made from twigs, antelope hide, stone wheels and no floor to keep it moving..) :D
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

BrianA

Post by BrianA » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Welcome. Nice spec but I would definitely go for the LED lights and space-saver spare. I also went for the heated windscreen because it’s nice to sit inside whilst defrosting rather than get cold hands! Can’t comment on other possible options as I don’t have them.

Look forward to seeing your pics in due course
25T R-Sport in Caesium Blue, ICTPro, 20" 5 spokes, LED headlights, heated rear seats, heated windscreen, privacy glass, folding mirrors, reversing camera, space saver spare.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:33 pm

I was very disappointed with the Xenons having come from an Evoque with Xenons that were excellent. Also the Xenons don't have high beam assist and are not adaptive and don't have assisted turn lighting. My second FP had the LEDs and they are significantly better. Also I highly rate the BSM function. It's excellent.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

SW18Tractor

Post by SW18Tractor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Finally I have my F Pace, and I love it... not so much the petrol stations I have spent a lot of time in since... but the noise, the theatre and the drive are all worth it. As was the 825w Stereo and the envious gaze of my aforementioned neighbour.

My only gripe is the Adaptive Cruise Control. Fine under braking (although very early) but races back to set speed as quickly as it can... Parking assist very helpful... never driven anything this big before and not the easiest thing to see out of! If i could turn back time I would not purchase.

Small minor gripe is that around the front doors, Mud is coming in outside the cabin but on the inside of the door... Anyone else have that?

Overall the wife thinks she has a sensible family SUV replacing a very boring 2.0 diesel XE that made her feel old. Now she can brace the SUV playgrounds of the Cotswolds and Southwest London with confidence... Also the sensble SUV is only when she is in it. In my case dynamic is my mode and all others are wife mode*

A little works Mini wanted a drag race yesterday... not only did I pummel him to 60 mph but it was a short victory as the excellent satnav let me know there was a speed camera around the corner... so on winning, applied brake and let him fly through to take the plaudits meeted out by the flashing camera...

*this is a unique situation to my family and not a generalisation about all wives.

JG Edit 2.jpg

JG Edit 1.jpg

JG 3.JPG

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:52 pm

LOL well done on the speed camera - icing on the cake.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:23 pm

That looks fab in black with the silver highlight accents! :P

. . . just get some mud flaps fitted, problem solved! . . . see my other post with pic on this subject ... viewtopic.php?f=11&p=49400#p49400
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

Return to “Introductions”