Stranger in a Strange Land

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Warpup

Stranger in a Strange Land

Post by Warpup » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:52 am

Just popping in from across the Atlantic to say Hi and to see how things are going with the F-Pace in the UK. I'm on another F-Pace forum populated mostly by owners in North America, but I'm very curious about the different engine options available in Europe that are not available here, and about European owner experiences.

I just picked up my 2018 F-Pace 25t Prestige in BRG with black pack & black 19in 5 spoke wheels & black roof rails August 19 in Portland, Oregon, over 3 hours drive from where I live. Absolutely love it so far! Getting used to the higher prices for premium petrol. Am not only new to Jaguar, but totally new to "luxury" level vehicles. All 4 of my previous vehicles were much less expensive, and I owned them for an average of 9.5 years each. That's why I am "A Stranger in a Strange Land."
2018 F-Pace 25t, British Racing Green with black trim & wheels. :ugeek:

catwoman

Re: Stranger in a Strange Land

Post by catwoman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:07 am

Nice one Warpup, thanks for saying hello, welcome to the forum. We take all waifs and strays here, so no need to consider yourself a stranger. Some pics of your cat prowling around the wilds of Oregon would be very welcome too; you have some fantastic Pacific Coast and mountain scenery over there!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your FP, I've had my Ammonite R-Sport for over a year now and it has performed faultlessly for me . . still not had to go back to the dealer for anything, which is exactly how I like my cars to be; no fuss! Some others have not been so lucky, but that's where the forum can be very useful. A 'trouble shared' and all that. So, any questions, just fire away. :)
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Warpup

Post by Warpup » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:02 pm

No pics of the Warcat green machine in beautiful Pacific NW scenery yet, but here's three pics in town:

2018 F-Pace 25t, British Racing Green with black trim & wheels. :ugeek:

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Welcome to the forum, I hope you still have the car in 9.5 years and match the others for longevity. The longest I've held onto a daily driver is 7 years (Volvo V70, 2003 model) I can't actually believe the F-Pace I have will match this for many reasons, the main one being the ride comfort around town (truly dreadful!) as the roads are terrible here.

Good luck and enjoy it. I don't think you can complain too much about fuel prices, you might be paying around a third or less than the price that we pay!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Return to “Introductions”