Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

New member and new F Pace on order!

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Seanyt 
#1 ·
Afternoon all!

Upgrading my Mercedes to the new FPace 2.0d. Tempted by the 3l but I do a lot of miles so went with fuel economy.

Will post pictures when it arrives. Expecting in November, hoping for October!

2.0d AWD R Sport. Caesium Blue, 19inch wheels, Nav pro 825w, 360 parking and reversing camera, black pack, privacy glass, configurable dynamics, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, space saver wheel, secure tracker, mood lighting and activity key...

My wife is getting annoyed by how much I talk about and look at this car... :eek:

Any advice on options as its still in the pool apparently :roll:

#2 ·
I have been reading a lot of useful topics. One that caught my eye was that there is a lot of negative posts for the secure tracker. I am considering removing this from my order and using this money for another option. Maybe LED or adaptive suspension or ACC?? Or upgrading to 20 inch wheels? So much choice!
Views/help please

#3 ·
Hey Seanyt

That's a good plan. From the list you have there I would choose the LED lights. The standard units are ok but nothing to write home about. Also LED lights are popping up as standard fit items on cars costing less than the FP so I think this could help as resale in a few years time.

#4 ·
Hi Seanyt, welcome along! Looks a nice spec you have there :p

I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful suggestions and advice from people on which are the best options to go for. I'd say consider blind spot monitoring for safety and a heated steering wheel for comfort . . both excellent additional features.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing pics when you pick it up :)

#5 ·
Thank you for the suggestions. The blind spot monitoring is defiantly something I'm considering adding. I left the led lights out as I saw that as quite an expensive option which wasn't really sold to me by the dealer... maybe that was a mistake

#6 ·
Hi Seanyt,
That looks a great spec! Consider adding the powered tailgate, it always makes me smile and is very practical. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on configurable dynamics. I had ordered it for mine but an error was made and I got adaptive dynamics in error, but at no extra cost. However, I was looking forward to playing with adaptive dynamics!
Best of luck.

#7 ·
Seanyt said:
Thank you for the suggestions. The blind spot monitoring is defiantly something I'm considering adding. I left the led lights out as I saw that as quite an expensive option which wasn't really sold to me by the dealer... maybe that was a mistake
LEDs are the one I wish I'd gone for, having seen many of the comments on here about the bi-xenons. Having said that, the latest version of the order form doesn't include some stuff that I ordered and has 4-way climate which I neither ordered nor want on it, so what turns up in a week or two's time is anyone's guess.

#8 ·
Seanyt said:
I can thoroughly recommend the LED lights - Probably the most successful option I ordered.

High Beam assist works faultlessly, super fast and the menu option for European beam pattern worked superbly too - In 2000 miles across France not flashed by one driver, yet could see the road as well as UK...

#9 ·
Thanks for all your help. You will be pleased to hear that I have listened to your advice and ordered the led lights and blind spot monitor. I appreciate all the advice.

#12 ·
I had second thoughts about the engine size, was tempted to go for the 25d. My dealer was fantastic and organised a longer test drive in the 20d. I am very happy to say the car doesn't feel sluggish in the slightest and came back with a huge smile on my face. Very much looking forward to beginning of November 😃😃😃😃

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.