Manual, seem to be going against the grain!

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
MyV6Jag

Re: Manual, seem to be going against the grain!

Post by MyV6Jag » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 am

I agree that a manual is more engaging but for the bigger F-pace especially around cities, auto/paddles is far easier.
I often use the paddles which gives far more instant power off the line and a great roar for the 3ltr petrol! :)
:o :o :o
3L Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

KHatman

Post by KHatman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:59 am

Despite being advised that the car would be available to pick up late April only last week I've just received an e-mail stating its just turned up at the dealers and will be ready for pick up from Tuesday next week. Not that I'm complaining mind, but with work commitments and not wanting to rush the pick up process I wont be able to do this until next Friday.

Just sorted the change of car on my insurance and despite having had two no fault accidents since taking the policy out, it is only costing me £31.16 to cover the remaining 5 and half months changing from a Volvo V40 which I consider a result as I was budgeting up to £250.
2019 F Pace 2.0D R Sport, Manual, Corris grey and very little else

Mike-D

Post by Mike-D » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:06 pm

Get exactly where you're coming from - went back to manual after i got soooooooo bored with just steering in a DSG Audi A3 ! Have succumbed to auto though with the F-Pace and getting used to the odd "no I wanted you to hold onto that lower gear" moment ! Love the car but may stop reading the forum as like most others it seems to be mainly whinging - yours wasn't lol ! Mxx

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:37 pm

f-pace manual gear stick close-up.jpg

Enjoy your manual when you get it next week KHatman, I'm sure you'll love it just as much as I do mine :D

There's lots to like about driving a manual F-Pace and anyway, I always say, it's good to go a little 'against the grain', it's a sign of an independent mind and shows some individuality! ;)

f-pace blk-red interior.jpg

And, to newbie Mike-D, regarding your generally negative impressions of most car forums....
Mike-D wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:06 pm
Love the car but may stop reading the forum as like most others it seems to be mainly whinging
.....remember, the forum consists of what we all make of it . . so don't bail out on us and don't just read what others have to say; perhaps make some positive contributions yourself, you'll find they are always welcome! :)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

mik

Post by mik » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 pm

A post whinging about whinging.
/irony ? :?

You could always try starting a conversation about something +ve? :)
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

KHatman

Post by KHatman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:20 pm

Independent mind and individuality, I like that. My friends just reckon I'm tight by "choosing" manual which just happens to be one of the cheapest versions!!!!!

Those photographs are getting me more excited if that's at all possible. Thanks for all your positive and encouraging comments.
2019 F Pace 2.0D R Sport, Manual, Corris grey and very little else

Mike-D

Post by Mike-D » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:25 pm

Question to those who I'm sure know the answer, new F-Pace has another nozzle next to the diesel filler, can't remember what it's labelled but should i be putting an additive in ? Really don't want to spend hours trawling through the handbook looking, just want to enjoy driving what is in my opinion an excellent car. Thanks for your help.
Mxx

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:40 pm

It's for Adblue. Engine doesn't run without it. Cleans up emissions. Fill up every 6000 miles or so on service plan or from any garage:

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/ ... 9HEALw_wcB
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

frogmill0

Post by frogmill0 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:23 pm

And one of the screens on the Driver Information display tells you how many miles to go before it needs topping up.
3.0d 'S' in Rhodium Silver. ICTPro, 825w Meridian, Cold Climate pack, 14 way memory seats, pan roof.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:14 am

I don't think it matters what F-Pace you have they are all a joy to drive, I prefer autos as my left foot has a problem driving manuals is fine for a short period and can be fun. I am surprised that the SVR never had a manual option it was always the more sporty option on high performance cars.

Jaguar seem to be moving away from the round gear selector to that found in the SVR for all models it's in the E-Pace and the new XE not sure about it yet my friend who has an E-Pace says he would have preferred the one in the XF.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Return to “Introductions”