Hello All - the SVR search starts

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Steve C

Hello All - the SVR search starts

Post by Steve C » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Evening All,

No F-Pace as yet but I am taking a serious look at the SVR :)

It's probably early days yet as the sales manager at the dealer who replied to my question about availability of demo cars told me that they have limited info and the car can't be ordered through their manufacturing system yet, even though the SVR has been up and running on the Jag configurator for a few weeks now. He thinks they will have one in stock 'in the next two months', with deliveries coming through by end of the year. I stuck my name down for a test drive naturally :D

I have a good idea about how I would want to spec it but n the meantime you may have to put up with the usual newbie questions about F-Paces and what options are any good etc as I am completely new to F-Paces and Jags.
No F-Pace yet. Looking...

Lofty8174

Re: Hello All - the SVR search starts

Post by Lofty8174 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 pm

I’m sold on getting one too, I would have happily bought another V6 when the time came but not to be.

I really like the ultra blue colour, can’t wait to test drive it.
3.0SC, Petrol, Black, Priv glass, Tracker, 10 way mem seats in red, Adaptive h/lights, Pano, 20" Grey Diamond Turned, NavPro 380W, Powered gest boot, Rear release levers, Electric rear recline, Blindspot monitor & Traffic detect.

SVR TBC...

Sevenoaksbull

Post by Sevenoaksbull » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:41 pm

I too have had a conversation with my jag dealer who also said they have little more than the configurator at the moment. I asked about a proper test drive and wad told they were awaiting details. I mentioned that when I ordered a L494 Range Rover Sport before its launch, Land Rover took me to Gaydon and allowed me and other lucky customers to let rip with a 5.0 s/c on the test track. I had Martin Donnelly (ex Lotus GP driver) as my ‘stig’, telling me not to lift off in the corners.......

Given my spec is going to come in at over £85k, I would have thought something similar would be in order!
F Pace 3.0D V6 300PS Portfolio BRG/latte

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Lofty8174 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 pm
I’m sold on getting one too, I would have happily bought another V6 when the time came but not to be.

I really like the ultra blue colour, can’t wait to test drive it.
The colour thing is a very personal thing - I was a bit disappointed they only had a choice of 7 colours (and no Caesium blue); luckily the Corris grey works for me but there are a few other dilemmas such as wheel colour and interior trim choice. Decisions, decisions :)

Hopefully once the holidays are over, Jaguar will have got a few demonstrators out there.
Last edited by Steve C on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Sevenoaksbull wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:41 pm
I too have had a conversation with my jag dealer who also said they have little more than the configurator at the moment. I asked about a proper test drive and wad told they were awaiting details. I mentioned that when I ordered a L494 Range Rover Sport before its launch, Land Rover took me to Gaydon and allowed me and other lucky customers to let rip with a 5.0 s/c on the test track. I had Martin Donnelly (ex Lotus GP driver) as my ‘stig’, telling me not to lift off in the corners.......

Given my spec is going to come in at over £85k, I would have thought something similar would be in order!
If your username is any connection with your location then we may have been talking to the same dealer. I contacted the 3 nearest to me in terms of travel time and only Lancaster Sevenoaks have got back to me so far.

I haven't got as far as £85k yet - my 'essentials' spec is a tad under 80 and not sure I've been over 82 yet. Even so, would expect to have a decent test drive!

Sevenoaksbull

Post by Sevenoaksbull » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Yes my username gives a clue to my location and also my football allegiance.....

It was indeed Lancaster Sevenoaks Jaguar who I have spoken to about SVR and who supplied my present car.
F Pace 3.0D V6 300PS Portfolio BRG/latte

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Sevenoaksbull wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm
Yes my username gives a clue to my location and also my football allegiance.....

It was indeed Lancaster Sevenoaks Jaguar who I have spoken to about SVR and who supplied my present car.
I'm near Bromley, so Sevenoaks is quite easy to get to for me. How do you rate Lancaster Sevenoaks? The sales manager was certainly very quick to reply to my enquiry. (The other two dealers I contacted haven't even tried to contact me yet :roll: )

I had to look up the Bulls bit btw.

Return to “Introductions”