Re: Hello from Hampshire

Post by Gato Grande » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Coopsterdude wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:36 am
JAGFlubster wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 am
RDB1 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am
They have a new showroom being developed near the M27 soon which is going to be large featuring both brands.
If you are JLR dealership nerd and passing Didcot, pop into the Milton Gate Marshalls JLR showroom 2 mins from the Milton Park Jct. on the A34. I believe it was the first of the "new style" JLR combined showrooms and is being used as a template for future dealers in the UK. its very clinical and reminds me of a wafer fab facility. The only surprise is that the engineers aren't wearing dust overalls and plastic blue hats and shoes.

Flub!

Hello Rob, Flub,

Yes they are building a new dealership, it’s a joint venture with both brands, and yes, the Didcot site is the master template for all future sites. I see it regularly going up and down the A34 with work.

The one off the M27 is being built on the old Ford Transit factory site. It’s on the other side to the Mercedes dealership. I was told as well that the future plan is have Ambassadors where the cars are in the showrooms to introduce customers/ potential customers to the brand, and then when they want to move forward and purchase be passed on to a sales exec. I thought, good role in retirement.........👍..I’m hoping I’ll get an F Type as a Co car...to go into the garage along my big Cat 👍👍👍

Bit like the Infiniti showrooms - sorry 'Galleries'!!!

Have been in the combined one in Stockport and it's huge!
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, sliding roof, Ammo grey, now over 12 months old, and, still looks lush.....👍😘

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Looks great in that combo and a fresh look.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:07 pm

^ ditto . . . looks classy! :P

( . . I always think "classy" sounds great the way New Yorkers say it . . so that's how your car looks to me! ;) )
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Return to “Introductions”