Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Hello from Hampshire

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  catwoman 
#1 ·
Hello all

Just introducing myself as just taken delivery of a new FPace S having come from a series of XF's which I thought were brilliant. But as i buy on a PCP scheme for which the last car was coming to an end I did the usual scope of all brands of interest but was pulled back to jaguar as they feel different and are more interesting in my opinion. Having had 2 x XF's I did feel like a change so the FPace became top of the desired list but with the September deals making the S model suddenly realistic I managed to get there. So here it is..

The major components of the spec are:
S 3.0ltr diesel
Corris grey
Panoramic roof (non opening)
Pro Media (virtual cockpit and Meridien Sound)
remote seat release
+other bits i'm still finding out about

Having a guaranteed future value I was not concerned about going diesel although accept it may be a different story next time and the test reports really praise this engine and it does seem good although I haven't driven it much so far but so far so good.

Anyway pleased to meet you

Robert

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Robert,

Car looks great, i very nearly went for that colour. I've had mine 2 months and I'm still discovering new things about it, so have fun!

#4 ·
Yes I originally wanted the Black Pack but this car that was available didn't have it, however with the grey wheels I am pleased with the way it has turned out, a subtle blend of sporty and classic to me anyway.

Thanks for your comments

Robert

#6 ·
Hello Robert,

Looks like you got yours from Fox in Soto, am I right, I got mine from there July 16, good experience and good after service as well so far, like the colour scheme......

If I see you about I will flash (the lights obviously) and stick my thumb up, great car there are a few locally now,

#7 ·
Hi Gato

Yes I did, in fact my fourth Jag in succession. I've had a good friendly relationship with them over the years and they always seem to come up with the right deal "in the end" but I always look at the competition and think I'll try something else alas so far I haven't been swayed . I think mine is the same colour as yours as Jag have recently realigned the colour names to match Land Rover as they move further into integrating the brands. They have a new showroom being developed near the M27 soon which is going to be large featuring both brands.

I'll look out for you

Robert

#8 ·
RDB1 said:
They have a new showroom being developed near the M27 soon which is going to be large featuring both brands.
If you are JLR dealership nerd and passing Didcot, pop into the Milton Gate Marshalls JLR showroom 2 mins from the Milton Park Jct. on the A34. I believe it was the first of the "new style" JLR combined showrooms and is being used as a template for future dealers in the UK. its very clinical and reminds me of a wafer fab facility. The only surprise is that the engineers aren't wearing dust overalls and plastic blue hats and shoes.

Flub!

#9 ·
JAGFlubster said:
If you are JLR dealership nerd and passing Didcot, pop into the Milton Gate Marshalls JLR showroom 2 mins from the Milton Park Jct. on the A34. I believe it was the first of the "new style" JLR combined showrooms and is being used as a template for future dealers in the UK. its very clinical and reminds me of a wafer fab facility. The only surprise is that the engineers aren't wearing dust overalls and plastic blue hats and shoes.

Flub!

#10 ·
JAGFlubster said:
RDB1 said:
They have a new showroom being developed near the M27 soon which is going to be large featuring both brands.

Flub!
Bit like the Infiniti showrooms - sorry 'Galleries'!!!

Have been in the combined one in Stockport and it's huge!

#11 ·
Coopsterdude said:
JAGFlubster said:
RDB1 said:

Flub!
Hello Rob, Flub,

Yes they are building a new dealership, it's a joint venture with both brands, and yes, the Didcot site is the master template for all future sites. I see it regularly going up and down the A34 with work.

The one off the M27 is being built on the old Ford Transit factory site. It's on the other side to the Mercedes dealership. I was told as well that the future plan is have Ambassadors where the cars are in the showrooms to introduce customers/ potential customers to the brand, and then when they want to move forward and purchase be passed on to a sales exec. I thought, good role in retirement.........👍..I'm hoping I'll get an F Type as a Co car...to go into the garage along my big Cat 👍👍👍

Bit like the Infiniti showrooms - sorry 'Galleries'!!!

Have been in the combined one in Stockport and it's huge!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.