Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Cleaning kit

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  idrobbo 
#1 ·
Hi, just got my first F Pace last week (R Sport 68 plate ) , and Im looking to put together a cleaning kit , mainly for the interior, so anyone got any tips for the dash ( which looks leather)

#2 ·
I use a damp microfibre cloth for interior plastic surfaces - brings back that nice dull look and gets off 99.9% of marks/dust. Dash is not leather but a plastic look alike. You can also use any of the matt finish interior cleaners from reputable suppliers such as:

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/poorboys-natural-look-dressing

For the leather seats I find Dr Leather spray is really good and it is specifically designed for modern coated leathers which don't need any sort of cream or feeding contrary to popular belief - that just encourages grit to stick and cause wear. I stopped using their wipes which are convenient but can't be recycled.

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/dr-leather-advanced-leather-cleaner

#3 ·
I use microfibre sponge mits & drying cloths & a separate sponge for the wheels & sills. Cleaning products, I use Autoglym polish & cleaning products on the exterior & interior. For the dash & other leather areas I use a damp synthetic chammy. For the seats I use Autoglym leather cleaner that feeds & cleans the leather a couple of times a year. No issues so far! :cool:

#5 ·
I suggest that you try www.prepMyCar.com, it's a really good site which, for a small fee gives a great insight into cleaning and detailing your car, with recommendations for all types of products. Best of luck with your car.

#6 ·
My final piece of advice if you have ordered a dark colour is get a good dual action polisher, some Meguirs scratch 2.0 or compound and some decent fine cutting pads and polishing pads. The paint on my Santorini Black F Pace picks up marks and scuffs regularly from people brushing against it in car parks and elsewhere. That DA polisher has saved me three times in the past year. Don't be afraid to have a go as I was truly amazed at how easy it is to return the marred areas to perfect finish. If you can't feel the mark with your fingernail, it can be removed.

#8 ·
Plenty of YouTube videos, for no cost at all. Have a look at Forensic Detailing, he tests all kinds of products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.